My Focus is Sick: PATS Wiring Placement - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
rob231989
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108787
What I Drive: 2006 astra flame red

FF Reputation: 1 rob231989 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
it hasnt got anything to do with theft i just wanted to know if there is an inexpensive way of solving the problem that i have and to be honest your reply isnt helping much and as for opening a old thread .... who cares !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
mikeeshaq
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72526
What I Drive: 2010 Transit Connect

FF Reputation: 15 mikeeshaq Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To rob231989

There is a 'unit' inside your key that when queried sends a serial number to the cars computer so that the vehicle can start

It is sort of having a password on a PC and trying to crack that

Yes a mobile locksmith can program in new keys into the cars computer. They will demand that you show them the title, insurance and your ID and all three better match.

The cars these days have more computers and control circuitry than what went to the Moon!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
the pats is blinking because its already been set. You're screwed, pay the money and get it reset.
You can't just short a couple wires to bypass it either, It will require a reset at the dealer or a locksmith if they have the capability.

Bookmarks & Social Networks