Motorsport Nationals Show! September 20-21, 2008 (Alternate NOPI Nationals Show) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: KY, NC, SC

Fanatics: KY, NC, SC Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-30-2008, 12:54 AM   #1
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 36447
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

Points 6,803, Level 54
Points: 6,803, Level: 54 Points: 6,803, Level: 54 Points: 6,803, Level: 54
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 FocusStrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Motorsport Nationals Show! September 20-21, 2008 (Alternate NOPI Nationals Show)

As you guys may have known, NOPI cancelled all of the events for 2008, BUT there is still NOPI Nationals show..however it will be renamed "Motorsport Nationals Supershow". If you guys plan to go there, we can carvan down here. I might head down there.

ANNOUNCEMENT

J.Bird announces the launch of
The Motorsport Nationals Supershow
Atlanta Motor Speedway
September 20 and 21, 2008.

After the overwhelming outpouring from thousands of fans and the entire motorsports industry, NOPI TV star J.Bird announces his effort to launch the Motorsport Nationals Supershow to be held on September 20 and 21, 2008 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. After hearing that NOPI Motorsports, LLC had announced cancellation of the NOPI Nationals, J.Bird began his effort to launch and promote another event to replace the NOPI event. “We just couldn’t let everyone down, the show at the speedway has grown to be one of the largest of it’s kind in the world”, J.Bird was quoted as saying earlier today. The Supershow will have much of the same look and feel as in years gone by, with thousands of show cars and trucks in the car show, a gigantic burn out contest, tons of industry vendors and booths, live music from top artists, and of course a swimsuit competition which will include all those beautiful girls you’ve come to expect whenever J.Bird hits a motorsports stage! The one new element the show will include for 2008 will be drag racing! Atlanta Motor Speedway has been developing quite a drag racing program on Friday nights over the past few years, and the show will try to incorporate that element into the 2008 Supershow.

About “Motorsport Nationals”
Motorsport Nationals was founded by industry guru J.Bird and Southeast Staging owner Bob Daniels who has served as soundstage coordinator and production designer for the Supershow for more than ten years. Together they will pull together many familiar faces as well as several new ones to make the 2008 experience unbelievable!

J.Bird has served as host of Nopi TV, Nopi Drag Racing Series, The Nopi Drift Series, and the Nopi Nationals for over a decade and most recently appeared as announcer J-Mac in “Need For Speed Pro Street” by EA Sports

Bob Daniels has produced concerts and soundstages for artists such as TI, Ludacris, Little Bow Wow, JZ, Little Wayne, Franchise Boys, 2008 Hip Hop Awards, Skid Row, Lynard Skynard, Molly Hatchett, Allman Brothers, Mothers Finest and many, many more.

Former SEDAN REVOLUTION #11 member
Now a Freelance Street Tuner!
I'm Deaf and Proud to be!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2008, 11:16 PM   #2
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Points 6,803, Level 54
Level Up 27% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
no one wants to go?

All New I N D O O R S
MOTORSPORT NATIONALS SUPERSHOW
GEORGIA INTERNATIONAL
INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION CENTER
next to Atlanta Airport
SEPTEMBER 20-21

Yes we are now indoors! September 20 and 21

Wow, you guys sure know how to blog! The rumor mill in this industry is unbelievable! Anyway, after a long hard week of negotiations, we are moving the Motorsport Nationals Supershow to the beautiful facilities at GICC by the Atlanta Airport. Don't FREAK, your same hotel reservations will be fine. The place is off Camp Creek Parkway almost at the airport so all the 19/41 area hotels are just a couple of miles away and still the cheapest! The show will be mostly an inside deal (air conditioned and NO rain!). We will party like no other! We will have tons of cars in the car show and vendors galore, a gigantic swimsuit competition, and yes lots of live music. I have compiled as much information as I could into this cheesy web builder lame website. The new one with online registration is coming (I promise), so stay tuned this next week because indoor space will be limited!
Here's What We Do Know!

Nothing can ever take the place of a 20 year tradition,
But we are sure gonna try!!!

What do ya get when you take hundreds of awesome show cars, tons of industry vendors,
continuous live music, AND the world's most beautiful women - IT"S THE MOTORSPORT NATIONALS, Duh!
Well we are on for the Atlanta Classic event, that fine fall day in the ATL. In this briefing I will
attempt to tell you everything I know so far:

Admission Pricing:

Saturday Only - $30
Sunday Only - $25
Saturday and Sunday - $50

Car Show Entry Fee - $65
(Includes Admission For Two Saturday and Sunday)

We will have tons of car show classes (find out more when registration goes live this week).
There will be some special prize money for car clubs!

And did I mention tons of gorgeous women?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #3
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Points 6,803, Level 54
Level Up 27% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
http://www.motorsportnationals.com/

for more information..
Old 08-19-2008, 12:38 AM   #4
Bambooburnr
Focus Addict

Fan#: 48682
What I Drive: 2007 Black SeS

FF Reputation: 4 Bambooburnr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Theres a Thread in AL, GA, TN Regional Forum about this were setting up there.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:51 AM   #5
tangerine dream
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50586
What I Drive: 2003 Competition Orange SVT

FF Reputation: 16 tangerine dream Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I'd be interested, but that's going to be the weekend that we have the Charlotte area meet at Tom's shop. It's got to be one or the other, and since this is the last meet ever held at Tom's shop, I opted for that one. Have fun though, man and don't forget to take lots of pics!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
98LowRanger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16618
FF Reputation: 1 98LowRanger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes, PLEASE TAKE LOTS OF PICS!! I went to the NOPI Nationals every year from 2000-2006, but the outrageous registration fee kind of turned me off. I know it takes a lot of money to run a show (renting the location, insurance, staff, medical/law enforcement, etc.), but $80 (what it costs me the last year I went) to show a car is a little ridiculous. If it wasn't for the people showing you wouldn't have a car show! Anyway, sorry for the rant. I know this show isn't the official NOPI Nationals. Glad to see the registration price go down some. I think it will be pretty cool to have it inside.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Points 6,803, Level 54
Level Up 27% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambooburnr View Post
Theres a Thread in AL, GA, TN Regional Forum about this were setting up there.
Right, thats why I set it up for this one.... not everyone looks up at AL, GA, TN Regional Forum though.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #8
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Points 6,803, Level 54
Level Up 27% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine dream View Post
I'd be interested, but that's going to be the weekend that we have the Charlotte area meet at Tom's shop. It's got to be one or the other, and since this is the last meet ever held at Tom's shop, I opted for that one. Have fun though, man and don't forget to take lots of pics!
I wont be going as well, because that will be the weekend that my girlfriend and I went to Virginia Beach to spend together, however I am posting this so everyone in this region will know what's going on.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.