Track Weekend - RECAP & Great Stories - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #11
eventerke
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41299
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 3 eventerke Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadIdea View Post
Sorry to hear about the wreck. I high sided there last year as well, thinking I could floor it and it would just stick (wrong). Luckily I stayed on the track.

Dimpled rotors are a mistake. Hawk HPS are a mistake. I've had really good luck with cheap blank centric rotors and carbotech hp-10 pads. Also make sure to bed them in properly.

Also for lugs the best are arp. I got mine from massive speed in chicago.
I didn't know carbotech made a set for the SVT - interesting.

I've been running Hawk HT-10s and normal blank rotors without a single problem on track, and I really like them.

Ken - welcome to FF! Did you make 100% sure you'd cleaned the rotors well when you did the brake change? Were the pads you used the only ones ever used on the rotors? Did you go through a proper break-in on the pads/rotors (you need to get them hot enough that you can really smell them)? Did you give your brake fluid a complete flush/bleed before the track event (Motive Power Bleeder FTW!)?

Just throwing out ideas - good luck getting it back out there. I'm hoping to make it out to Summit one of these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23692
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Glad to hear that you're getting back up on that horse.

I'm running Hawk HP Plus pads front and back with Powerslot rotors. I'm about to upgrade the front pads to the Hawk HT-10's. I'm also adding some Porsche air diverters to the front control arms to channel air into the front hubs and brakes.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #13
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing MemberWeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A lot of people have success with the Carbotech product line.

I am a Hawk fan. I haven't tried the Carbo techs, but if they keep getting the reviews they are then I may have to try them.

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock
Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #14
kens03cobra
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58059
What I Drive: 2004 SVT SONIC BLUE EAP

FF Reputation: 1 kens03cobra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventerke View Post
I didn't know carbotech made a set for the SVT - interesting.

I've been running Hawk HT-10s and normal blank rotors without a single problem on track, and I really like them.

Ken - welcome to FF! Did you make 100% sure you'd cleaned the rotors well when you did the brake change? Were the pads you used the only ones ever used on the rotors? Did you go through a proper break-in on the pads/rotors (you need to get them hot enough that you can really smell them)? Did you give your brake fluid a complete flush/bleed before the track event (Motive Power Bleeder FTW!)?

Just throwing out ideas - good luck getting it back out there. I'm hoping to make it out to Summit one of these days.
Pads, Rotors, Fluid all new at the same time a month ago. Broke them in properly I believe, but never ever ever had the grip I though they should have.

Shame on me for not telling my mechanic about them and trying something different.

Anyone have the hiflow cat midpipe installed? I am stock on the exhaust at this time but may be dropping the oil pan and thought it may be a good time to swap it out.

Ken
Old 08-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #15
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I’m also a big fan of the carbo techs, If GaryK couldn’t make them fade I doublet any of us can.

Ken sorry about your incident, do you happen to have Black 5 spoke rims on your car. I saw one pulling out of the liberty gas station about a month ago when I was on my way back form the track.

Also if any of you are interested there is A Track Daze event there the weekend of October 4th and 5th. I’m planning on going and seeing what I can brake this time.

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #16
kens03cobra
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58059
What I Drive: 2004 SVT SONIC BLUE EAP

FF Reputation: 1 kens03cobra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder02 View Post
Iím also a big fan of the carbo techs, If GaryK couldnít make them fade I doublet any of us can.

Ken sorry about your incident, do you happen to have Black 5 spoke rims on your car. I saw one pulling out of the liberty gas station about a month ago when I was on my way back form the track.

Also if any of you are interested there is A Track Daze event there the weekend of October 4th and 5th. Iím planning on going and seeing what I can brake this time.
Yea, that would be me, I run Black Kazera's for every day driving.

I will be making more events this fall, just gotta see how the rebuild goes.

Ken
Old 08-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #17
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Cool hope to see you at the track then.

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.

Bookmarks & Social Networks