"One-Off" Steeda Wheels and Lowering Springs - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-25-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
bergj1986
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57747
What I Drive: 2005 SEXZ FUCUS

FF Reputation: 2 bergj1986 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
"One-Off" Steeda Wheels and Lowering Springs

There's a guy on CL advertising that he's willing to trade stock Focus wheels and springs for his Steeda lowering springs and "one-off" 18" Steeda wheels with tires. I met the guy last night and everything seemed regarding the wheels and springs. Anyone know if he's telling the truth? Apparently the car he has was owned by Steeda and used for one photo shoot to show off the wheels, then sold to his daughter. The wheels are 18" chrome 5 spokes with a blue Steeda "S' in the center of the wheel.

Anyone have any experience with Steeda lowering springs and/or wheels? I took his Focus for a spin and the difference between my stock suspension and the lowered suspension is like night and day, gets rid of all body lean! I did some slow circles around the parking lot to check for rub, didn't hear any. I also checked inside the wheel well, nothing too serious in terms of rub.

So what do you people think? Should I go for it? My wheels have some chunks taken out of them from when the previous owner ate some curb so they're far from perfect. I'm concerned about my ability to tow my small trailer and the increase in negative camber from the lowering springs.

Here is the ad:
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts/763617027.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
jetrinka
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45622
What I Drive: 88 5-speed XR4TI

FF Reputation: 180 jetrinka Excellent Standing Memberjetrinka Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Well they look legit. Just ugly. And not too many people get the lowering springs from Steeda. Are the dampers that are paired with them stock? If so then be prepared to get new ones soon as a lowering spring will wear out a shock that is not matched well to it.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
bergj1986
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57747
What I Drive: 2005 SEXZ FUCUS

FF Reputation: 2 bergj1986 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I believe the dampers that are paired with the springs are stock, mine are going to be anyway. How does lowering springs wear out a damper early? Is it the increased quick movements from the stiff springs?

I've been checking around Steeda's website, would it be worth investing in those adjustable camber links for the rear? Or could an alignment shop take out most of the negative camber with the car the way it is?

Bookmarks & Social Networks