What The Hell ! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-16-2004, 06:43 AM   #1
fowlfoe7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 4066
What I Drive: 2003 Orange SVT

FF Reputation: 1 fowlfoe7 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What The Hell !

I know ppl on this site are lovers of the SVT, but my car is pissin me off. Its a 03 svt euro pkg. I paid a good amount of money for this car. I bought it in november, in March i had a misshap with the clutch system... took it into ford and I must say the took care of it in good time and manor. Now this past weekend was a b*tch, on sat I was driving up to NY and I went to shift from 4th to 5th and for some freakin reason I could'nt. So I had to fight my way off the highway and then to some local street where it wouldnt get hit. When I finally got it towed the dealership I was first told to take it to, said they cannot except it (full or some s--t), so I got it to another dealer and they took it, I got there right before it closed just in time. So of course the dealer is closed on sunday. Monday morning I called and they told me that they are not SVT certified, so once agian I had to get it towed but the nearest SVT cret. place is 1.5 hours into NJ. So anyway there it is, I was finally able to get a rental and make it back home to get to work.

so i've had the car 6 mnths and 2 breakdowns....I'm having no luck with this f-ing FORD.

Oh and one more complaint, what the hell is the deal with the turning signals, that is the most f-ing annoying sound in the world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2004, 07:32 AM   #2
GMISVTFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2066
What I Drive: 2002 Infa-Red SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 GMISVTFocus Good Standing Member
well i got an o2 svt and only one problem with mine and that was only the heat sheild wasnt very big just anoying but theres alot of focus's that have problems but also most dont so you may have gotten a bad car or what ever but the focus is a good car to me ....and yea i think the turn signals are funny as hell i just tell everyone in my car that theres a chinese man in my hood taping chop sticks together lmao..but anyway i think that its just some freak cowinkydink that youve had 2 problems so far so better luck with your svt
SVT Squad #47

Pick Only Two --- Cheap - Fast - Reliable
Old 06-16-2004, 07:42 AM   #3
newfoundsvt
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 344
What I Drive: 2003 "pull me over" red SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 newfoundsvt Good Standing Member
I have a 03 and the I had a throw out bearing problem. HA the turn signals sound like a snapple cap. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:17 AM   #4
RB
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5602
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF, 1995 SHO, 1970 914-6 GT, ...

FF Reputation: 1 RB Good Standing Member
Ahh, the price of admission to performance. If you want a car that doesn't break down buy a Toyota. I learned long long ago driving Porsches that you pay for the pleasure of performance, whether you actually use it or not. Even if you are gentle on high performance cars they are engineered with close tolerances and parts will not last forever. This manifests oftentimes in unexpected and early failures that seem "unbelievable".

The sooner you learn to live with this, the happier you will be when you have a 1-2 year no problem run. You will feel like you have won the lottery. And, BTW, at least it is covered under warranty!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 09:45 AM   #5
jake.svt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8695
FF Reputation: 1 jake.svt Good Standing Member
personally, I love the turn signal sound...its sweet!!
Old 06-16-2004, 10:22 AM   #6
fowlfoe7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

jake... your nuts, it drives me insane... like that lil monkey. maybe its a different sound in canada... lol... jk
Old 06-16-2004, 10:36 AM   #7
Street Racer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 469
What I Drive: 03' Sonic Blue SVTF - #525

FF Reputation: 1 Street Racer Good Standing Member
As far as not being able to shift ........ its probably something silly ........ like the cable popped off the shifter or something. Now ........ I actually like the loud turn signal, it keeps me from driving around the world with the stupid thing flashing, after a while you will get used to it and you wont even notice it anymore. But thats what warranties are for, so when you have a problem it gets fixed and it doesnt cost you anything ......... except a little aggravation! Good luck with your new ride!
03' Sonic Blue SVTF - #525 -- AEM CAI, FC UDP, FC ORP, FC STB, Steeda Tri Ax, Eibach Sportlines
96' Yamaha FZR 600R - V&H exhaust and some other stuff
06' Ford Fusion (Family car)
Old 06-16-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
RedSVT 03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9221
What I Drive: 2005 Brilliant Red Audi 2.0T Q

FF Reputation: 1 RedSVT 03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by jake.svt
personally, I love the turn signal sound...its sweet!!
I like it too!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:58 PM   #9
fowlfoe7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

street racer... alil aggrivation, i was stuck in nyc for two nights, i had to miss 2 days of work... most would think thats a good thing, but its not when you have to come back to an absolute wreckage.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:03 PM   #10
2fast4u
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2375
What I Drive: ZX-3 gone, now 05 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 2fast4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
that [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* sucks dude,,,damn svt nothing but problems,,,no ownder they are killing it off,,i wish u luck,,i like the turn signal sound,,,,reminds me its on

Bookmarks & Social Networks