Utahns - Page 885 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Rocky Mountain Fanatics Serving the Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #8841
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
yeah man it is.

I believe I cracked a ring land on the mazda so Im working on getting it all together for a secondary block rebuild. Mine just smokes a ton but no loss of power. Guess Ill know for sure in the morning.

good news is I got my mustang dyno numbers (though I couldnt go wot because it would misfire) 150whp 204wtq. I like mustang dynos... they may read lower but theyre accurate. Cant wait to see the new numbers with higher comp pistons, a chipped ecu and a t3.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #8842
Vortech347
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93712
What I Drive: 2003 Toreador Red ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Vortech347 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Today I'm putting our's back together. Whoever owned it last was aweful with their children and let them spill shit all over the carpets. We stripped the interior down to a shell and deep cleaned everything. The carpet was NASTY. The sound proofing is finally almost done drying. Its hard to do in the winter. Usually just throw it in the sun for a day but with our winter weather Its been inside with heaters/fans on it.

Once I put the interior back together it should smell nice and look great.

I also sea-foamed the engine. Changed the plugs, filters, oil, ect...

Should be a nice runner that'll last us a few years of daily driving.
03 Focus ZX5, Wife's Daily, HP Unknown.
01 Cobra (parting out)
Old 01-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #8843
mikebontoft
Toxx

I did that once awhile back when I first got the focus. not quite as deep as that but I pulled some carpet and the trunk panels and cleaned it out. came out nice and clean.

Well ok finally got it diagnosed down to being a blown seal on the turbo so... sorry mark but Im getting a bigger turbo.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 01-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #8844
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

Fan#: 56705
What I Drive: ^^^ That!

FF Reputation: 10 GodLovesUgly Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I was the first and only owner of my zx3, so the car is fresh and clean as can be! yep, that just happened.

Mike, that's good and bad news i suppose.

This is seriously annoying.. every time i think i have all the parts for the install, something comes up. REMINDER: hoses and gaskets are part of a turbo build.
at least i can say i'm still on schedule to have it all wrapped up and tuned by the end of March. maintenance parts will be ordered in a couple of weeks.
it's a night and day difference working on the Miata. so much more room to work with. still waiting on a hose for that, should be here this weekend.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #8845
Vortech347
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Any of you guys heading down to Vegas for Fun Ford Weekend?

A lot of the guys from utahstangs will be going. I'll be running the auto-x in my Fox.
01 Cobra (parting out)
Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #8846
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

When is that? Who is ruining the autox event? LVRSCCA? If so I may go, Utah drivers always beat up on the Vegas region.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using FF Mobile
Old 01-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #8847
Vortech347
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

http://funfordweekend.com/2012/01/la...event-details/

Should be a blast. I would do the drag racing but since I'll be driving my fox down I don't see drag racing it for 3 days straight without something breaking and it taking a trailer ride home. I plan on the Poker run and Auto-x. I'm trying to convince a few of my Marauder friends to head out too.
01 Cobra (parting out)
Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #8848
mikebontoft
Toxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesUgly View Post
I was the first and only owner of my zx3, so the car is fresh and clean as can be! yep, that just happened.

Mike, that's good and bad news i suppose.

This is seriously annoying.. every time i think i have all the parts for the install, something comes up. REMINDER: hoses and gaskets are part of a turbo build.
at least i can say i'm still on schedule to have it all wrapped up and tuned by the end of March. maintenance parts will be ordered in a couple of weeks.
it's a night and day difference working on the Miata. so much more room to work with. still waiting on a hose for that, should be here this weekend.

dont forget fluids either.

Yeah its funny, it puffs smoke when I let off the gas. Gotta give it maybe 3 weeks and hopefully Ill have everything.

Going with a t3/t4 .50/.63 ar oil cooled turbo, external wastegate and hard charge pipes with a bov flange so I can finally use mine. Also a chipped ecu with some changed maps and removed fuel cut boost cut. Also a 2.5" down pipe retaining AC and possibly 3" exhaust with an open wastegate dump.

they are all used parts except for the turbo and wastegate. This will cost me somewhere around $400. Sadly more expensive than rebuilding the engine with higher comp lol.

So... I pulled 150whp 204wtq on a misfiring 10psi run (couldnt even go wot).

hoping to see... around 250whp and around 300wtq this time around if it works out. Maybe more.

These are mustang dyno numbers btw.

picture of the same turbo setup on the same engine, local guy (one of Ryans friends I guess) his engine is all new and pretty but I like how big the turbo looks.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #8849
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

that's a nice set up and that's a crapload of torque you're pulling Mike.. wow.

what is the difference between Mustang dynos and regular ones??

I sort of want to pull the Miata motor so i can clean it up and clean the engine bay.
too bad that would be the most extensive mechanic work i've ever done.. and i don't have the marbles to do it.

crap, i forgot about fluids haha. at least those can be picked up locally and i won't have to wait for shipping.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #8850
mikebontoft
Toxx

Mustang dynos are more accurate (for the record no they're not for mustangs, just the name of them lol) dynojet and that stuff offers stuff for people wanting numbers. I made 176whp and 241wtq on a dynojet.... that was with the stock air filter and 10psi. Unfortunately I've been having a surging issue which honestly I think I've decided it's attributed to an intake manifold leak (head porting time??) but yeah I couldn't go full throttle and it still surged and made the other numbers above.

I have changed my plans a tiny bit (lol tiny) still using the same turbo but trying to sell some stuff off and save up for megasquirt.... the diypnp.

I'm going to make a thread on the build I think.

Mark it's not that bad haha..... just make sure everything you don't want to replace is disconnected. (heater hoses, wiring harnesses etc) take pictures if you have to, to document where things go. Clean it out and and put it back together :).

ALSO great deal for you.... at oreilly's we're selling 5 quarts (either 5 individual bottles or the 5.1 quart bottle) and a microguard (return the microguard after the sale and go for the wix PLEASE. I don't use anything else).

$9.99 before tax...... that's your oil change. OH right and there's
a $5 mail in rebate.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
ballz the size of marz , got boost? , is utah in the midwest , joker smoker , like a boss , makes you win at yelling! , utah , we're like santa
-->