Utahns - Page 444 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Rocky Mountain Fanatics Serving the Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #4431
jeff434
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46982
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 jeff434 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
^ agreed. im working full time, just bought a puppy, in the middle of buying a house and im still doing school. i dont even have time to do nothing. im not even going to be able to do autocross this year probably.

i know you think they(ur parents) are crazy, but they have great intentions. trust me, your schooling will be more profitable in the end compared to a frakenbeast focus and an old mazda. You have the rest of your life to build something awesome. I'd say most of the guys on here with fully built cars are not 18 years old, more like double that age. They have gotten to the point where they can use their money for a hobby, and not be strapped.

trust me when i say this, being broke away from home at school sucks. even if you think you have everything planned out financially, it is bound to work exactly opposite of your plan.

truthfully, i know you have good intentions, but i think you may be trying to rush into something that is probably going to fail in the end. i say that mostly because you are starting a black hole money pit. If you start it, you are going to want to finish it and will probably end up half-assing a lot of things just to save money.

I think you would benefit the most by listening to your parents. Plus, who wouldnt want to do school and not have to work? think about how easy life would be.
Last of the hatches #43
Team Duratec #666
Midwest Crew #24
Steeda SRI(winter), K&N FiPk(summer) Steeda STS, Trubendz 2.5'' SS w/ Magnaflow, Toms tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #4432
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
awesome so I appreciate you guys helping me out then

My problem is, the car I have right now is a total piece of crap. and if I sell it I won't get more than 1k out of it.... Then college because of the courses I'm taking, does require a project car. I know that for a fact because I talked to the guys that were taking the class..... which was only about 9 in the whole class.... and they each had a vehicle they had been working on for awhile as a project. No the mazda doesnt fit that. Also I don't really even have to spend any money on the focus to tear it apart, which I could do the first year. Also, my last class on the schedule lets out at 2:15

The money situation? yup that's the tough part. that's true there's always the chance something unfortunate may happen. I'm also actually looking for a better job than the theater that I can do during the night in the summer in addition to the shop. that should help me out a bit more. Am I going to be able to work during the next school year? I don't think so, there's just really nothing available out there. Do I really not spend my money usually though? actually no, not really. I've made some stupid decisions with it before, but I'm not doing that anymore. I need to also stay on track here at school and finish with all A's...... because if I can do that, I guess my grandmother wants to give me 500 per A with REALLY really surprised me. Hey I guess she cares. My parents aren't paying a cent for college because they believe I wont finish it. They just want me to go off to college so I'm not sitting on my butt living here with them making minimum wage. I know that because they told me exactly that. Real motivating, right?

edit: also forgot to mention that my step brother's granddad has all of these new craftsman tools that he bought and will never use. He just wants to give them to me so I'll actually be almost set for tools.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 03-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #4433
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

Fan#: 56705
What I Drive: ^^^ That!

FF Reputation: 10 GodLovesUgly Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
i'll read and comment later Mike.

Marbs, looks sick man! nice work. doesn't it handle like a mother now??
Old 03-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #4434
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
lol of course mark, I'm working tonight anyway :(

and just got done sending out 140 PM's, being limited to sending them out to 5 people max, with an interval wait time of two minutes. LOL that was a real PITA
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 03-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #4435
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
Haven't really had a chance to drive it much. Plus with the alignment not being 100% I'm not sure how much I wanna push it yet.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #4436
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

lifetime at firestone ftw.

Mike, Brock and Jeff are right. take care of future before your ride. your car ideas will always be there. plus your mind changes a bunch so maybe it will give you time to think about a better project, you never know. plus, you'll have a lot more knowledge after you go to school so you can do it right. maybe even by then you'll get the shop as well. IMHO school first.

so saturday i replaced one of my LCAs, the one that was F'd up from the suspension install. the other is gonna have to wait till next weekend.
also got the massive unbreakable mount in. LOVE IT. idle and starting 1st are shaky as a mother. but when you shift to second and beyond it's so damn smooth. for me it seems that when i go over bumps it's not as bad.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #4437
SVTslayer
Focus Addict

Fan#: 63374
What I Drive: 1996 GSR Integra

FF Reputation: 2 SVTslayer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i have energy poly inserts. It made a world of difference. Its way better when you get on it in between shifts.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #4438
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

oh hell yeah. down shifting is smooth too.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #4439
SVTslayer
Focus Addict

Fan#: 63374
What I Drive: 1996 GSR Integra

FF Reputation: 2 SVTslayer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i think i am eventually going to get solid mounts all the way around.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #4440
BLRich1
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '14 TB ST3, '04 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
had to buy a new battery for my focus over the weekend, it was so dead it was charging all night and still wouldn't jump. That makes 2 car battery purchases in the past month. I HATE buying batteries!
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
ballz the size of marz, got boost?, is utah in the midwest, joker smoker, like a boss, makes you win at yelling!, utah, we're like santa