Utahns - Page 443 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Rocky Mountain Fanatics Serving the Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #4421
jeff434
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46982
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 jeff434 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
I decided not to go after all either lol............ instead I'll go tomorrow or sunday I think.

WTF stupid mazda's head bolts require a hex or allen deal. LOL
why you bitchin? that is the best excuse to buy more tools....
Last of the hatches #43
Team Duratec #666
Midwest Crew #24
Steeda SRI(winter), K&N FiPk(summer) Steeda STS, Trubendz 2.5'' SS w/ Magnaflow, Toms tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #4422
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
lol no I have em. haha.

I guess (unless I find a head) I'll buy the valves and have American Cylinder Head Service Inc. install them.

so other than the cost of labor, to get this car running it will be about $300
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 03-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #4423
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
Well I got my lowering kit installed today. Looks like I need a Rear Camber kit and front Camber Caster plates to get it properly aligned.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #4424
x FoCuSfReAk x
Lets get twisted

Fan#: 60594
What I Drive: '05 Jeep WK

FF Reputation: 7 x FoCuSfReAk x Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sweet marbs. Got any pics? I really want to get like a 1.5" drop on my focus. Probably get the FRPP kit if it is still available when I can afford it.

Quote:
lol I bet that was a kick in the ego pants.....
Old 03-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #4425
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

YA, I'll get pics up soon. It's the FRPP kit.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:53 AM   #4426
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

Fan#: 56705
What I Drive: ^^^ That!

FF Reputation: 10 GodLovesUgly Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
since tomorrow is going to be pretty nice, i'll snap some pics as well. i've heard the FRPP drop is around 1.4/1.3 drop even though it says 1.5. the dynamic kit i've got is a true 1.5 to me it even seems lower then that.. like 1.6/1.7 i absolutely love how much it settled. perfect for me. no rubbing at all, and today i even had 4 people in the car and sub in the trunk with a duffle bag full of misc things.

oh yeah, go watch the crazies if you haven't already. pretty sweet movie. mmm iggys.. i went there tonight and it was DA BOMB as usual. no bluesberry br3w though.. :(
Old 03-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #4427
jeff434
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46982
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 jeff434 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by godlovesugly View Post
no bluesberry br3w though.. :(
~ f a i l ~
Last of the hatches #43
Team Duratec #666
Midwest Crew #24
Steeda SRI(winter), K&N FiPk(summer) Steeda STS, Trubendz 2.5'' SS w/ Magnaflow, Toms tune
Old 03-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #4428
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Check it out.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225563
Old 03-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #4429
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
guys help me out here..... my parents are just simply refusing to let me spend any money on the mazda and I really don't want to drive the focus anymore till it's had its conversion! I'm almost 18 in two months..... I'm thinking about doing it anyway and just not telling them. It's absolutely beneficial to do it. plus like I said my clutch and half the stuff is going out and I won't pass safety in August.

They say I need to save every cent for college........while I understand that, we just went over what I'd make from now to the beginning of summer. I'd have 7k by then, and by the end of summer (also 600 worth of expenses taken out) I'd have 10k to last me this first college year. I estimated 7k for the first year and the same for the second. an estimate that is actually quite high but definitely safe. also I'm still hoping to get more scholarship money and financial aid........

then the next summer I work and make maybe 3.5k that means I'd have enough to pay for the second year too, especially if I get more scholarship stuff. AND I may even end up working on campus if possible.

and to say I need to save up.......... WTF???
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 03-07-2010, 02:34 AM   #4430
x FoCuSfReAk x
Lets get twisted

Fan#: 60594
What I Drive: '05 Jeep WK

FF Reputation: 7 x FoCuSfReAk x Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's the thing. Working full time while going to school blows. I'm doing it right now cause I don't really have a choice. I have a family to support. Personally, I would wait to finish any swapping till after you get settled in school. School will take a lot out of you. Especially when mixed with work. I just spent the last 8 hours doing homework cause I have to work during the week and don't have time to do it.

Eventually I want to swap in a built 2.3L motor into my zx3. But I really don't see the point in doing it now. I already spend enough money as it is. Every cent helps. It may not seem like it but it does. I know that this probably isn't the opinion you are looking for but I recommend making a wise choice. I know you want to build your car, trust me, I do too. But think about where you'll be in a year. What happens if you lose your job or have to cut back to part time cause of school? If you spend that money on your cars now it won't be there for you later.

I'm saying this because I wish I would've saved more. I moved out with hardly anything to my name. And because I have spent my money wisely (meaning no excessiveness on my toys) I am where I am today. It took a lot of work to get here. And Im still struggling a bit. Trust me, I wish I could spend more on my car. But life doesn't always go as planned. Just make the decision you want but think about the alternatives before you throw them out the door. And there's my rant for today. Lol.

Quote:
lol I bet that was a kick in the ego pants.....

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
ballz the size of marz , got boost? , is utah in the midwest , joker smoker , like a boss , makes you win at yelling! , utah , we're like santa
-->