Utahns - Page 108 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Rocky Mountain Fanatics Serving the Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #1071
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The filters are either 50K or 100K filters and are EXPENSIVE. If you ever want to change it, get a CAI it is cheaper and will remove a LOT of weight. There is a lot of plastic that doesn't need to be there. You don't have to take it to ford, just buy it from Ford.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #1072
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

Fan#: 56705
What I Drive: ^^^ That!

FF Reputation: 10 GodLovesUgly Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x FoCuSfReAk x View Post
Ya we do. I looked it up on the dmv website to make sure. It really sucks.

My '05 was the same. It may not be "nonreplaceable" but it's definitely something you have to take to ford to get replaced. I found out about it when I put my CAI in. There was a meter that tells you when to get it replaced. And with my friend working at checker he looked to see if you can order it through them....nope....has to go through ford. I'm so glad I got rid of that thing.

We really do talk up a storm in here. I haven't been to FF since saturday afternoon and I had to go through 2 pages of convo. Nice work guys! Lol.

Did anyone else order Midwest Crew shirts and decals besides me?
I didn't cause utah isn't really midwest, and plus those decals are ugz. minus the hatch it would be killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbs View Post
The filters are either 50K or 100K filters and are EXPENSIVE. If you ever want to change it, get a CAI it is cheaper and will remove a LOT of weight. There is a lot of plastic that doesn't need to be there. You don't have to take it to ford, just buy it from Ford.
Amen. when i did mine i was thinking "why the hell did they waste this much plastic?"
Old 06-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #1073
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
Ya my main question was WHY is it sucking air from behind the drivers side tire?
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #1074
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
^^ a simulated CAIp (Cold Air Intake panel) lol.

uh.......so help me out here (even though I made a thread too) I had that tire balanced to see if it would stop the vibrating on the freeway.....well it didn't.

ideas? that wheel still vibrates and I can feel it.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 06-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #1075
jeff434
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46982
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 jeff434 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
its a bent rim or you have alignment issues. is it the front? if so, check ball joints, sway bar endlinks, tie rods and wheel bearings.

05-07 has the gay ass 100k mile filter. the word is that the fipk will fit all years of duratec 03-07 2.0 and 2.3. we'll see cuz i bought one. and there is a thread in the duratec performance where another member installed one on a car just like mine, and says he loves it. ill have detailed pics of the install for sure.
Last of the hatches #43
Team Duratec #666
Midwest Crew #24
Steeda SRI(winter), K&N FiPk(summer) Steeda STS, Trubendz 2.5'' SS w/ Magnaflow, Toms tune
Old 06-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #1076
SVTslayer
Focus Addict

Fan#: 63374
What I Drive: 1996 GSR Integra

FF Reputation: 2 SVTslayer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
X FocusFreak X I have a spare with a tire you can have. $10 bucks
Old 06-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #1077
mikebontoft
Toxx

^^ nice deal

have I seen you before? you're in Murray

btw I was wondering..... y'know on the stock alloy wheels how if you take off that big cover, you can see the wheel nut..... is there anything I can get to cover up just the little hole, IE where you'd put one of those cones for a tire balance?
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 06-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #1078
SVTslayer
Focus Addict

Fan#: 63374
What I Drive: 1996 GSR Integra

FF Reputation: 2 SVTslayer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Um i actually have DRAG wheels with no center cap and all i did was paint everthing black to blend with everything. We may have seen each other but im not to sure. Yes i am just off 45th south state area.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #1079
mikebontoft
Toxx

nice..... I'm off of 5600s..... and 13th.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #1080
mikebontoft
Toxx

ooh yeah......check it out, I put it in a lil while ago. and also, this is what I'm gonna be stuck with now until I get some little center caps

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
ballz the size of marz, got boost?, is utah in the midwest, joker smoker, like a boss, makes you win at yelling!, utah, we're like santa