Utahns - Page 100 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Rocky Mountain Fanatics Serving the Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #991
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
well...... you have an 06, so I don't know if they made some minor changes, but basically it was this:

I used a 7mm on a ratchet (actually, a T-handle is THE best tool by far for the interior, at least in my experience with the focus.) for these two.... a bolt at the very bottom right of that panel below the steering wheel. it's actually pretty much facing the ground, but you'll find it. The other bolt is on the other side below the glove box in the same position, but on the left side and facing more towards the rear wheels as far as angles are concerned.

you WILL have to remove the console, or at least find some way to move it back to where you can see the HVAC tubes that go under that panel and the center console.

after that, there are two phillips screws, in one of those stupid useless holders (like in the trunk that holds some trim on, but the screws are pretty much not attached to anything anyway) at the base of the panel. they face each other (or in other words, face the driver's and passenger doors......) and you will have to very lightly unscrew each of them. I say lightly because, like I said, they're not attached to anything, and if you press at all, they don't go anywhere. think of it like dragging the screws out, but you have to turn them at the same time. After that, just pull out the little screw holders.

now comes the fun part you have it all undone, and say "oh hey, cool.....now I can pull it out." Not true. it's a tight fit, and bending is required. there is actually a metal clip (you may have to insert a flathead to pry/pop off the clip, though I didn't) at the very middle of the panel, but at the top of it. Next are these tabs on each side at the top of the panel that just loosely hold the unit in place. grab the bottom of the panel at each end, and pull towards both doors, so as to mimic flattening out the panel (pretty much, anyway) and that's how it should come out. if it doesn't, you did it wrong.

Quote:
HAYNES MANUAL
Installation is a reversal of the removal procedure.
I know it was long, but that's how you do it lol
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 02:30 AM   #992
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

Fan#: 56705
What I Drive: ^^^ That!

FF Reputation: 10 GodLovesUgly Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Looks good so far mike. maybe adding black carpet would be easier than painting it? if that's even how far you're going with this..
Old 06-17-2009, 02:34 AM   #993
mikebontoft
Toxx

I might just half-ass paint it.....or find a huge thing of dye if I can....

I can assure you this though.......when I get the build going, and have literally almost the whole car torn apart, the interior WILL be black with a bit o silver. and hopefully, some heated leather seats for those cold winters
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 06-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #994
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

you got a lotta work ahead of you my friend. but the finished product will be well worth it!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #995
mikebontoft
Toxx

yup..... well I was looking at dyes and stuff, and I don't think so. I'll just get spray paint
Old 06-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #996
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
WOW, I might try it another way. All my tools are still in Utah.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #997
mikebontoft
Toxx

yeah you just need the 7mm, really... just get a phillips too
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 06-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #998
x FoCuSfReAk x
Lets get twisted

Fan#: 60594
What I Drive: '05 Jeep WK

FF Reputation: 7 x FoCuSfReAk x Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's so hard to find time to do this! I'm starting to get frustrated! Lol. I just want to work on my car! Looks really good mike. I'm not gonna lie....I'm a little jealous....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
lol I bet that was a kick in the ego pants.....
Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #999
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

I'll take some pics of my interior, black FTW!

I just got assigned more duties at my work, now i'm so overwelmed with work.. insane guys insane.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #1000
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
More work makes the day go by faster.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
ballz the size of marz, got boost?, is utah in the midwest, joker smoker, like a boss, makes you win at yelling!, utah, we're like santa