Voltage Stabilizer DIY - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #21
dyn2liv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52297
What I Drive: 04 White Focus ZX-3

FF Reputation: 63 dyn2liv Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo305 View Post
It will certainly work on your breadboard and soldering skills. But as pointed out before, the battery is a much bigger charge buffer than chaining (in parallel) a bunch of large home capacitors. The amount of current that this device aims to clean would relatively easily overwhelm its capacitance.

Again, my purpose originally was not for the stiffening end of the caps. I did it to trim RF alternator trickleover (whining noise) from my audio. I only went to this after re-wiriing my system 3 times trying to eliminate it. Yes I know how to wire, yes I know to run amp power wires and RCA's on seperate sides of the vehicle, to ground amps close, to ground the radio's chassis, etc... It turned out this was the only thing that worked. I did this after installing 2 - 1 farad caps on my amps (Sub & Seperates). I also installed chokes and ground loop isolators to both amps and still this was the only thing that finally worked. Why it worked, don't know, don't care. But it isn't like a seat dyno, you could hear whine before, but not after. So what can I say.

I appreciate everyone's input though. It is good to air opinions and info, it is why most of us came to forums to begin with, we were in search of information. Any time you can glean/ learn something you did not know before, it is a good thing.

Just a tad bit about myself. My fields of study were Industrial & Mechanical Engineering. Though I found machining more fun, so much so, that I have spent 15 years at it. I, however, have not been in a shop for 3 years, but have some equipment in my garage. Now I oversee the maintenance of nuclear reactors for a FL based utility. I digress...

Thank you to all, for any input or comments you have. I take everything with a grain of salt, (Prolly why I have hi blood pressure). It is hard to take offense to written words, because they do not relay the nuances of speech or one on one interaction. So to all, use this as you see fit. It was just my .02 on the subject....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #22
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Damn glad to have you around!

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 07-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #23
dyn2liv
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks...
Old 07-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #24
dyn2liv
Focus Enthusiast

For comparison I went and bought one of the cheapo voltage stabs for $29.99 and then I took it apart to show all what is inside the cheapo ones. Below are the pics I took. Hope this sheds some light for you guys & gals. If you thought only 30K of capacitance was skimpy, then this will blow your mind. This one only has 2670uF of capacitance. Is it worth the money ???

Old 07-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #25
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
LOL - hey but at least you have a nice case now!

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 AM   #26
six11
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 81547
What I Drive: yellow

FF Reputation: 1 six11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Does anyone have a copy of the pictures and diagrams from this thread as they dont seem to be there anymore and I'm quite interested?
Old 01-15-2011, 03:20 AM   #27
montum_81
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 65027
What I Drive: 2009 red focus coupe

FF Reputation: 1 montum_81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Can you post the schematic of it.thnx.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->