Speed Reduction - 55 MPH Limit - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: 55 MPH Speed Limit
For 55 MPH Limit 79 6.58%
Against 55 MPH Limit 1,002 83.50%
I'm fine with whichever 119 9.92%
Voters: 1200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #41
YellerZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23043
What I Drive: 2013 Silver SE Hatch, 12 Fusion SE

FF Reputation: 6 YellerZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm for them enforcing the current speed limits.
All the SUVs and other vehicles running 80+ in 70 zones are a huge waste of gas.

Just came back from Shreveport and running the speed limit and I was the slow one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #42
sldghmr
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56236
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF, 2003 F-350, 1967 GT-500

FF Reputation: 6 sldghmr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I believe that this a lame attempt from the government to show the people that they are doing "something". No matter what the speed limit is, whether it's set nationally or by individual states, we are going to drive the speed that we want to drive. Sure increasing the penalty will cause a few to slow down but not many. If they wanted to make a serious effort at reducing speed, they will via OBD-II (or newer versions). Offenders will stick out like sore thumbs, and cops will be able to tell whose tampered w/the settings via Bluetooth. A very ugly day is coming, only question is when...... BTW, aren't more and more cars coming w/6 & 7 speed transmissions now??
Old 07-06-2008, 11:58 PM   #43
MisterJohnson
M0derator Monkey

Fan#: 51724
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 D23

FF Reputation: 30 MisterJohnson Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
A national 55 speed limit is unconstitutional. States have the right to set their own laws, and this would usurp that right.
15.07 @ 93.49 Team Duratec #149
Old 07-07-2008, 05:49 AM   #44
lauzon
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 49048
What I Drive: 2003 zx3 pzev

FF Reputation: 1 lauzon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
anything to save gas @4.26 per gallon!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #45
SVT_ME
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53618
What I Drive: '02 Ranger XLT- '08.5 MS3 GT

FF Reputation: 7 SVT_ME Good Standing Member
In Americas society as it stands today, it's not about imposing some half assed outdated law, it's about education. Going back to the "Americans think it's their right to drive" point, it all boils down to the individual.

Just look at society and the way people raise their children. Now i'm not saying everyone does it, so please don't missunderstand me. But if you look at the way companies have been advertising to the youth since the early 80's, it has all been about I have to have, I need to have, I deserve to have, the more money I have, the bigger car I have... ect.

I mean come on, look at television today. Reality? ok.

It has become a mentality of excess, and has been force fed to us. That mentality enables the providers of goods we think we must have to set whatever price they want. And sure, we complain, but when it really comes down to it do we care? not so much, which brings us back to the "Individual".

Any person out there who really wants to save gas, will. they will go trade in their SUV for something different, they will drive less, they will do what they have to do to make it easier for themselves in todays world.

When the Individual mentality is replaced with a mentality of collective agreement, then changes will happen.

And it all begins with the youth. Instill thoughts of change and they will blossom into actuality. It will not be something that is going to happen today or 5 years from now, but with the proper education one day...
Old 07-07-2008, 12:03 PM   #46
MisterJohnson
M0derator Monkey

^As it stands right now it is about imposing a half-assed outdated law.
AND it's about people who think driving ISN'T a right.

This is the United States of America, land of the free.
Free to drive, free to own a pink poodle, free to educate ones self and get any job he or she desires, free to say or believe or worship the way you want.

This "Individual mentality" being "replaced with a mentality of collective agreement" is what thinking people call brainwashing by a hitler-esque government.

Freedom of speech disappears when freedom of thought is taken away.

SVT_ME you need to look back at your post and realize how completely opposite your view is to the way America was founded.

America was built on the foundation of personal liberty and "individual mentality".

Take that away and you have China.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #47
SVT_ME
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJohnson View Post
^As it stands right now it is about imposing a half-assed outdated law.
AND it's about people who think driving ISN'T a right.

This is the United States of America, land of the free.
Free to drive, free to own a pink poodle, free to educate ones self and get any job he or she desires, free to say or believe or worship the way you want.

This "Individual mentality" being "replaced with a mentality of collective agreement" is what thinking people call brainwashing by a hitler-esque government.

Freedom of speech disappears when freedom of thought is taken away.

SVT_ME you need to look back at your post and realize how completely opposite your view is to the way America was founded.

America was built on the foundation of personal liberty and "individual mentality".

Take that away and you have China.
It seems i have been misunderstood here. I know what it means to be American, and am well aware of the rights and freedoms that affords us. I am certainly no communist.

Let me clarify the meaning of some of my statements.

By individual mentality, I meant the Me Me Me school of thought, not don't think as an individual. that is F---ing crazy. Everyone should think as an individual, but also realize they are not alone.

"Individual mentality" being "replaced with a mentality of collective agreement" simply means thinking of others and realizing that we all need to accept the problem before the problem can be resolved.

To accuse me of saying we should take away individual thought is obsurd. Let me again reiterate my love for my country and my understanding of what America is. With 2 friends killed in combat and 3 family members currently fighting, believe me when i say i know what it is to be American.

And if you have the awareness to see it or not, our government is brainwashing us everyday, through the media and other sources.

I meant no disrespect to any of you patriots out there. Mearly misunderstood.

And Duke, you seem very keen on rights. If you read the whole post you would realize that it meant nothing of how you took it, because you took the snipets you wanted out of context and twisted them in to some wierd "You're hitler" interpretation. You're entitled to your opinion but please, as a thinking person, look at the whole picture.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #48
MisterJohnson
M0derator Monkey

Glad to hear you didn't mean it that way, but you can understand why I took what you said the way I did.
The very liberal left is pushing for the elimination of the idea of the individual (in fact it's being taught in school), so when you said "When the Individual mentality is replaced with a mentality of collective agreement" you can see how it could be interpreted.

Please thank your friends and family for me for their service
Old 07-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #49
SVT_ME
Focus Enthusiast

I can see that, and should have chosen my statements a little better.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #50
Slo_Focus
AKA Fast_Focus

Fan#: 17238
What I Drive: 2007 LG ZX4, 2007 Yamaha Blue R6

FF Reputation: 14 Slo_Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I drive between 70 and 75 and get good gas mileage. I bet that fuel efficiency drop is for BRICKS like trucks and SUVs

Bookmarks & Social Networks