Speed Reduction - 55 MPH Limit - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: 55 MPH Speed Limit
For 55 MPH Limit 79 6.55%
Against 55 MPH Limit 1,008 83.51%
I'm fine with whichever 120 9.94%
Voters: 1207. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 AM   #111
dullishpage
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32500
What I Drive: 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 40 dullishpage Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well, while driving slower does save gas, i don't think it is necessary for our government to waste more money changing signs to a lower speed limit. Just because it is a speed limit doesn't mean you have to go that speed. If people want to save gas, stay to the right of the road go 55 if they want, why should a sign dictate what speed you must go exactly at to save gas? I myself keep it at 65 to 70, but I know i could save as much as maybe 3% -10% in fuel economy just going a little slower but i don't do it, and i have the choice to if i wanted too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullishpage View Post
I Am The Winner! I WIN BECAUSE I DID IT WITH MY MIND.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 AM   #112
dullishpage
Focus Addict

Also, Just think about the economic impact to foreign countries that we are large purchasers of oil from, such as Saudi Arabia, or Venezuela. Both Countries have their major faults, which we should in turn stray away from. By not buying from them, we discontinue support to countries that do not share our same capitalistic ideals and democratic societies. Venezuela would really be screwed if we stopped buying from them, we are 1 of only 3 countries in the world that can even process their horrible crude oil, and we buy almost 80% of their exports, buy buy el denario.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2008, 03:51 AM   #113
dullishpage
Focus Addict

Am I the only one that thinks relying on other countries that don't like us, and only deal with us for the money is not a good idea to provide commodities crucial to our infrastructure?

Quote:

Last edited by dullishpage; 08-08-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:47 AM   #114
dullishpage
Focus Addict

guess so..

Quote:
Old 08-09-2008, 03:24 AM   #115
William_Wallace
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49259
What I Drive: 2007 Blue ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 William_Wallace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
im for it, no one goes the speed limit anyways

> . >
Old 08-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #116
EricNR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58006
What I Drive: 2003 Tan SE

FF Reputation: 1 EricNR Good Standing Member
If the gas tax was taken off it would reduce prices greatly and this wouldn't be a problem. This is less for saving gas and more for saving the economy it seems like. Force the oil companies to find cheaper solutions or alternatives. Send a letter to your senator suggesting that he propose that the government require all cars to run on an alternative fuel by a certain year. It sounds like it would give the government more control but they already require cars to become more gas efficient (http://www.syracuse.com/progress/ind...ars_to_b.html).
Old 08-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #117
ZXtray
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34378
What I Drive: 2003 silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ZXtray Good Standing Member
55 is a great speed limit ( for the on ramps )
Old 08-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #118
MisterJohnson
M0derator Monkey

Fan#: 51724
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 D23

FF Reputation: 30 MisterJohnson Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNR View Post
If the gas tax was taken off it would reduce prices greatly and this wouldn't be a problem. This is less for saving gas and more for saving the economy it seems like. Force the oil companies to find cheaper solutions or alternatives. Send a letter to your senator suggesting that he propose that the government require all cars to run on an alternative fuel by a certain year. It sounds like it would give the government more control but they already require cars to become more gas efficient (http://www.syracuse.com/progress/ind...ars_to_b.html).
Why should the oil companies be "forced" to invent anything? This is the United States of America you retard! I usually don't name-call, but this is absolutely ridiculous! This is not China! Our government is not allowed to tell ANY lawful business that they must do anything.

We don't need to force auto manufacturers to make different cars either. That's immoral and un-American. So is requiring cars to be more efficient.

More government control is not the answer. Regulations and restrictions are directly responsible for the predicament in which we now find ourselves.

Edit:
You are right about one thing: getting rid of the gas tax is a good thing. Here in CA we pay 36.5 cents per gallon.
15.07 @ 93.49 Team Duratec #149
Old 08-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #119
EricNR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58006
What I Drive: 2003 Tan SE

FF Reputation: 1 EricNR Good Standing Member
Ya the gas tax in Kentucky was about the same, I'm not sure what it is for texas. And we do restrict actually. From video game ratings to car safety. We are also changing to completely digital signals aren't we? Yes losing freedom sucks but I don't believe that is losing freedom, it is keeping it.

Edit:
I do admit forcing them to change isn't the solution. But possibly giving incentives such as lower corporate taxes or more government funding would encourage them to find better alternatives even though it would cause an initial drop in profits.

I am not being un-American by the way, I am American and I am proud. I would request an apology as you have shown me that these are not the "friendliest" car forums as what you said was uncalled for.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #120
MisterJohnson
M0derator Monkey

Fan#: 51724
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 D23

FF Reputation: 30 MisterJohnson Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNR View Post
Ya the gas tax in Kentucky was about the same, I'm not sure what it is for texas. And we do restrict actually. From video game ratings to car safety. We are also changing to completely digital signals aren't we? Yes losing freedom sucks but I don't believe that is losing freedom, it is keeping it.

Edit:
I do admit forcing them to change isn't the solution. But possibly giving incentives such as lower corporate taxes or more government funding would encourage them to find better alternatives even though it would cause an initial drop in profits.

I am not being un-American by the way, I am American and I am proud. I would request an apology as you have shown me that these are not the "friendliest" car forums as what you said was uncalled for.
"changing to completely digital signals" is a natural progression of technology. Businesses weren't forced to create it, they did it all on their own for a profit.

Sorry, I'm not going to apologize to you as I didn't call you personally un-American, I called the policies you advocated un-American, and only because they are.

P.S.
Government funding and subsidies are unconstitutional. There are tons and tons of things our government does that it's not allowed to, and citing those things does not make a valid argument to do more wrong.
15.07 @ 93.49 Team Duratec #149

Bookmarks & Social Networks