Sun Hyper Ground Kit Installed - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #81
aTm Beaner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21542
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 5 aTm Beaner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo305 View Post
Do a writeup, pretty please?
a write up shouldn't be that hard. i'm just going to ground anywhere i can.
TEAM DURATEC #512 ST CREW #100
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST
Focus Sport Cool-Flo v.1, Focus Racing Cat-Back w/ Magnaflow HFC, F2 Header, Focus Sport Tune 93 Octane, Saleen Suspension Kit, Rota Slips 16x7
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #82
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

Fan#: 48598
What I Drive: LIQUID GRAY 2005 ST

Points 18,461, Level 86
Points: 18,461, Level: 86 Points: 18,461, Level: 86 Points: 18,461, Level: 86
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 352 NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
yeah, same thing i plan on doing^^^

i am hoping that the person posting in my thread (anyone do the big3) in the DT perf. forum will post pics of what he just did. he read my thread, and just did the big 3, and he says it worked out great!

this is my 1000th post.
GIVE DUE REP!! ST Crew #78 /Duratec Crew #91
Go Pats!! Go Green!! Go Sox!! Go B's!
Seeker of Wisdom, LG Crew #1
Resident Sith Lord & Jedi Master, MMA
Thx to those in the military.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #83
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Here's a pic of that negative terminal now. The two wires at the far left of the terminal, with the blue wire loom, are the stock grounds. I was thinking of running them all to a nice termination block and then just one wire from the block to the negative terminal, but haven't found a block I like yet.

Thank you for the rep! And he hits the big 1K

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 06-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #84
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

Points 18,461, Level 86
Level Up 23% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 352 NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member
wow, so i am guessing that terminal came with the sun kit, right? cuz it looks WAY diff from my terminal! nice though. yeah, some come with blocks too, but i wanted the freedom of putting them where ever i want, without worrying about the length to the block, since i am getting a universal type kit.

yeah, these are def. good threads to get/give rep in!

brad, did you see my thread, the one one the big 3? take a look at that too. honhon also stickied my thread that shows those yellow wires i found, and in it, i linked to this and my own thread, for people to get info on.

brad, check these out too...you could get this for so cheap, then just use the block, and have wires left over to use as u want, or sell....

Last edited by Lil_RedZX3; 02-14-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #85
BradWhite
Head Hurt

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Yep, that terminal was included in the kit.

I've seen those on Ebay, but that great big thing sits right on the negative terminal. I'm looking for something like below, which I'd remove from it's case and attach to the chassis. Just can't find one with the right combination of in and outs. I'll probably wind up buying one like below and drill and tap it for what I want. Or perhaps just a solid chunk of copper and start from scratch. I even considered some copper plumbing pipe, but don't know how well that would work. Still playing with ideas! Having fun with it though. Hmm, we just installed a huge backup generator here, maybe they won't notice if a few nice pieces of copper go missing (at least till we try to use it again).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-G...m230262937580&

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #86
aTm Beaner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21542
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 5 aTm Beaner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
congrats on your 1000th posting nemesis. you sir are my hero!
TEAM DURATEC #512 ST CREW #100
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST
Focus Sport Cool-Flo v.1, Focus Racing Cat-Back w/ Magnaflow HFC, F2 Header, Focus Sport Tune 93 Octane, Saleen Suspension Kit, Rota Slips 16x7
Old 06-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #87
seige123

Fan#: 17996
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 seige123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey Brad

Can you please post pictures of all your connections if possible. I am more of a visual learner...Thanks
Old 06-24-2008, 12:07 AM   #88
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Can do, just don't know if I'll be able to get to it tonight or not.

OK, here we go:

#1: the negative battery terminal, with stock grounds still in place, and three new ground wires attached.

#2 this cable comes from the negative terminal to main chassis ground, ignore those other three cables for now.

#3 this cable is also from the negative terminal to lower engine block (stock ground also still in place hiding in back) and other cable goes up to the throttle body.

#4 cable daisy chained from the lower engine block to the throttle body

#5 this cable comes from the negative terminal to the rear engine hanger bolt, the other cable goes to opposite side of chassis from the main chassis ground (next pic).

#6 daisy chained from the rear engine hanger bolt to the stock ground wire coming from the wiring harness, located underneath the radiator overflow canister

Here's that same ground as above with the radiator overflow canister in place

And finally, my special addition (overkill). I'll probably remove these but everything is running smooth now so they're staying. There are 3 ground wires that come from the wiring harness and attach to the chassis below the main chassis ground. I just couldn't handle seeing those wimpy little wires down there, so I tied them directly to the main chassis ground.

This will change later this week when my Sun Hyper Voltage GT (HV) arrives. It has three locations on the back for ground wires. The three grounds on my negative terminal post will come off and go on there. Just the main ground wire from the HV will go to the negative post (the stock grounds will stay also).

Well, that's what I did, right or wrong - I don't know, but it works and I'm very happy with how the car is running.

Last edited by Lil_RedZX3; 02-14-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #89
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

Points 18,461, Level 86
Level Up 23% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
VERY good post

i would slap you with more rep if i could, but it wont let me.

Brad, soon as I get mine, I will be following this outline. For those who do not know yet, I found a good set cheap!!! It is under 21 bucks, SHIPPED. Honhon stickied it here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164122

Last edited by Lil_RedZX3; 02-14-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #90
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisEnforcer View Post
VERY good post

i would slap you with more rep if i could, but it wont let me.
It's the thought that counts.

I'm going to make a slight change on the rear engine hanger connection tonight. I'm going to take the hanger bracket itself off so that it's out of the way all together. The wires will be able to sit at a better position to keep them away from the heat shield with that hanger gone.

That "big red cable" I mentioned early that runs along the rear of the engine is the positive power cable from the generator. I kept the ground (daisy chained to the chassis ground from the engine hanger bolt) away from that and the heat shield. The only way I could figure out how to do that on the left side (facing car) was to actually hang the ground with a loose cable tie from the power cable itself. Maybe you'll come up with a better idea - let me know if you do.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.