Sun Hyper Ground Kit Installed - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-30-2008, 07:51 AM   #131
Derek Zoolander
Focus Addict

Fan#: 55170
What I Drive: 2008 Vista Blue SES

FF Reputation: 26 Derek Zoolander Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Okay had the wires in for about a week now. I can effectively weigh in....

As my post said before I grounded the TB, Lower engine block under my SRI... Fuel Rail, alternator (gonna move to a + as soon as i get a fuse), and battery to chassis ground.

I have noticed maybe a slight increase in responsiveness... Thats about it. I really havent noticed a mpg increase like brad did... but after all i was averaging 31.5 mpg before this mod and am hanging in there at about the same level.

This might be due to the fact that i simply cant squeeze much more mpg outta my fofo or that I only have one chassis ground while brad has something like 3 (correct me if i am wrong)...

If i were to comment on power, there are times that i feel like the car has some more power but I dont know if that is due to my new cold air setup going to my sri, or the ground wires. But either way it isnt much of a gain and is barely noticable...

I think (off topic a bit but kinda applies) adding the alt + wire will help a bit more since it will help make use of those new ground wires.
Team Duratec #167

If I have helped, rep is always appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #132
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Hee Hee, I actually have 5 grounds going to the chassis. OVERKILL !

There are 4 stock grounds (on the 08') that come out of the wiring harness and attach to the chassis in the engine bay. Then there's the primary chassis ground on the fender well.

I of course ran a new cable to the primary chassis ground. And I used one of those stock grounds as my chassis ground location on the opposite side of the engine bay from the primary chassis ground.

But then I just couldn't stand looking at the those wimpy little wires on the other three grounds coming out of the wiring harness so I ran new cable from each to the primary chassis ground that sits directly over them.

Like I've said before I have no idea if that was right or wrong. But my car is still running and those few small fires are easy to put out. Really, the car runs nice a smooth so I've left those extras in place. I really suspect that if I removed them though I probably wouldn't notice a damn bit of difference.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 06-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #133
Derek Zoolander
Focus Addict

Fan#: 55170
What I Drive: 2008 Vista Blue SES

FF Reputation: 26 Derek Zoolander Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWhite View Post
Hee Hee, I actually have 5 grounds going to the chassis. OVERKILL !

There are 4 stock grounds (on the 08') that come out of the wiring harness and attach to the chassis in the engine bay. Then there's the primary chassis ground on the fender well.

I of course ran a new cable to the primary chassis ground. And I used one of those stock grounds as my chassis ground location on the opposite side of the engine bay from the primary chassis ground.

But then I just couldn't stand looking at the those wimpy little wires on the other three grounds coming out of the wiring harness so I ran new cable from each to the primary chassis ground that sits directly over them.

Like I've said before I have no idea if that was right or wrong. But my car is still running and those few small fires are easy to put out. Really, the car runs nice a smooth so I've left those extras in place. I really suspect that if I removed them though I probably wouldn't notice a damn bit of difference.
LOL... yeah i dont think i am going to do that many... just going to add the alt + and maybe one more chassis ground when i get the time...
Team Duratec #167

If I have helped, rep is always appreciated.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #134
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I haven't done the alternator yet, but will be. I would recommend that "one" more chassis ground on the opposite side of the engine bay. Take a peak under the radiator overfull canister (two screws) and you'll find the stock ground I used under there.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 07-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #135
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

Fan#: 48598
What I Drive: LIQUID GRAY 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 352 NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Here's a question...anyone know the length from teh alt. power to the pos. bat. terminal?
GIVE DUE REP!! ST Crew #78 /Duratec Crew #91
Go Pats!! Go Green!! Go Sox!! Go B's!
Seeker of Wisdom, LG Crew #1
Resident Sith Lord & Jedi Master, MMA
Thx to those in the military.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #136
Brivon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54232
What I Drive: 2001, gray zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Brivon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do you have more pics..

[QUOTE=

Hi,,, I just bought a ground wire kit for my zx3,,, do you have more pics in order to figure out how to install mine....

please send them to : [email]dbriceno@jpmsteel.net[/email] or gobrida@yahoo.com

I'll apreciate..
Old 07-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #137
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

Fan#: 48598
What I Drive: LIQUID GRAY 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 352 NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
you have a zetec, and ur posting in the DT forum. i dont think our pictures will be of any help, since they are set up completely differently, ESPECIALLY Brad's (his is an 08).

go to my thread about the big three. i posted a generic setup chain based on what my wires kit said to do.
GIVE DUE REP!! ST Crew #78 /Duratec Crew #91
Go Pats!! Go Green!! Go Sox!! Go B's!
Seeker of Wisdom, LG Crew #1
Resident Sith Lord & Jedi Master, MMA
Thx to those in the military.

Last edited by Lil_RedZX3; 02-14-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #138
Netmon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46321
What I Drive: 2007 ToriD Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 45 Netmon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisEnforcer View Post
you have a zetec, and ur posting in the DT forum. i dont think our pictures will be of any help, since they are set up completely differently, ESPECIALLY Brad's (his is an 08).

HOWEVER THE NEAT YELLOW WIRE SET WE'VE ALL BEEN GOING ON ABOUT, is not vehicle specific at all and comes with a good set of genneral instructions including 2 different, perfectly good, generic illustrations of how to do it.

just get those and you'll be fine dude, they come with everything you really need. (cep maybe the black shrinkwrap) you can always worry about the OPTIONAL "add-on" + alternator wire thing later. Like I'm going to do.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #139
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
If your out of things to do and want to bolt more things and weight under you hood then this is the things to do , if you have every mod that does help make better driveability and performance and want to start wasting money this is the thing to do

If you are still wanting better driveability and looking for more performance this this is a waste of time and money thats better spent some where any where else

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 07-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #140
Netmon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46321
What I Drive: 2007 ToriD Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 45 Netmon Great Standing Member
Cool

Got my yellow wires.
got some really nifty black shrinkwrap...
just the right size and thickness, took a little soap to get it on....
still needs to be shrunk tho'.... no shrink wrap gun tho....

Turns out you can't do it with a space heater.... crap...

...next stop, hair drier....!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
If your out of things to do and want to bolt more things and weight under you hood then this is the things to do , if you have every mod that does help make better driveability and performance and want to start wasting money this is the thing to do

If you are still wanting better driveability and looking for more performance this this is a waste of time and money thats better spent some where any where else

Tom
dude, me senses a bais! gime a break !

total weight? less than two lbs.
time and ease? no comparison to anything I can think of.
cost? less that $20 shipped. name one MOD you can do for less than $25 in less than 30 minutes that's FOR SURE going to do more. I'm not saying I can personally testify (yet) this mod makes a difference (although I personally believe it does), I'm just saying, what's your better sub $25 dollar mod? Serious question.

don't worry, I'm still gettin' the tune...!

Last edited by Lil_RedZX3; 02-14-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->