Sun Hyper Ground Kit Installed - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #101
dyn2liv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52297
What I Drive: 04 White Focus ZX-3

FF Reputation: 63 dyn2liv Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWhite View Post
LOL, hope you didn't read the whole thread twice! I know the voltage regulators are mostly just caps and the first thing I'm going to do when I get mine is take it apart (hopefully that's possible) and try to get some good pictures of the guts of it to post. If we can just buy a few parts and accomplish the same thing that would be nice to save others a couple hundred bucks !!

Not the whole thread, I previewed the write up for you though, LOL.

Yes, you can make the same thing with a bread board, some high F caps rated at a minimum of 18 volts (1.5 rated volted to protect caps from surge, spike and/or in-rush). Solder the caps in parallel, then solder in 2 lugs for the main pos. & neg. connections, add and inline fuse to protect your batt. and for flare add in an LED w/ a resistor. Really easy as long as one can do basic soldering. Save yourself the money, unless, like me, you just wanted the nice aluminum enclosure they sent, LOL.

Last edited by dyn2liv; 06-26-2008 at 05:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #102
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn2liv View Post
Not the whole thread, I previewed the write up for you though, LOL.
Oh man that's right, thank you again for doing that. My memory is so bad right now I'm seeing three docs trying to figure out why. The short term mem is just shot to hell for some reason. Haven't found anything on any scans yet, which I guess is a good thing. Almost forgot to re-tighten the clamp on throttle body hose to the SRI last night, caught it just before I closed the hood.

I do play with electronics a little with my pyrotechnics and RC helicopters. I will definitely be mocking up a bread board from your input. When I get around to it I'll draw up the circuit on my notebook first and have you check it (if you don't mind).

Nice to see all the input from everyone else that's doing this. Perhaps we'll all be able to come to some consensus on all the details, write it up, and put this one to bed soon.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6

Last edited by Lil_RedZX3; 02-14-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #103
dyn2liv
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWhite View Post
Oh man that's right, thank you again for doing that. My memory is so bad right now I'm seeing three docs trying to figure out why. The short term mem is just shot to hell for some reason. Haven't found anything on any scans yet, which I guess is a good thing. Almost forgot to re-tighten the clamp on throttle body hose to the SRI last night, caught it just before I closed the hood.

I do play with electronics a little with my pyrotechnics and RC helicopters. I will definitely be mocking up a bread board from your input. When I get around to it I'll draw up the circuit on my notebook first and have you check it (if you don't mind).

No problem, will be more than happy to proof the schematic.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #104
aTm Beaner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21542
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 5 aTm Beaner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisEnforcer View Post
well, i just got a msg yesterday that my wires shipped, so i am hoping they get here for this wkd, so I can do this!!

me too. i hope they get here soon.
TEAM DURATEC #512 ST CREW #100
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST
Focus Sport Cool-Flo v.1, Focus Racing Cat-Back w/ Magnaflow HFC, F2 Header, Focus Sport Tune 93 Octane, Saleen Suspension Kit, Rota Slips 16x7
Old 06-26-2008, 06:04 AM   #105
dyn2liv
Focus Enthusiast

Here is a simple schematic of a Capacitor Bank or Voltage Stabilizer. Please note that just b/c I posted this does not mean I am liable b/c YOU screw something up. So understand that you will be attempting this at your own risk. Okay enuff said.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:58 AM   #106
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

Fan#: 48598
What I Drive: LIQUID GRAY 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 352 NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Did you mean to put that here, or in Brad's thread? I know you were talking to him in there about caps and stabilizers and such. Do you think that diagram has much application here, for just grounding the stock grounds better?

I personally don't get those wiring diagrams at all. I look at em, and I might as well be looking at Sumatran texts. Dunno why that is.
GIVE DUE REP!! ST Crew #78 /Duratec Crew #91
Go Pats!! Go Green!! Go Sox!! Go B's!
Seeker of Wisdom, LG Crew #1
Resident Sith Lord & Jedi Master, MMA
Thx to those in the military.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #107
dyn2liv
Focus Enthusiast

Sorry, I thought this was Brad's thread. I figured I would save him the time of doing the schematic. Now all he has to do is right click and save it to his desktop.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 AM   #108
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

FF Reputation: 352 NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member NemesisEnforcer Outstanding Standing Member
whoops nevermind. im an idiot. I thought i clicked on my own thread!!!

my bad bro. good info, i am certain he will appreciate it!!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #109
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thanks dyn2liv that is great - appreciate you doing that for me.

Yeah - it's off topic from the grounding but there are a few posts in this thread regarding Sun's Hyper Voltage, which I started by mentioning that I ordered one!

After we put all the grounding questions behind us I plan to start a new thread regarding these "hyper voltage" products. If indeed they work they would compliment all the grounding work very nicely.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 06-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #110
NemesisEnforcer
Force-Powered Focus

oh man for the money you paid, they better work!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->