-Massive PORTWERKS Cylinder Head Packages Available!- - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Massive Speed

Massive Speed Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Massive Speed

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #31
CatMostFeared
FocusXtreme

Fan#: 20987
What I Drive: Wicked 2000 Turbo Zx3

FF Reputation: 20 CatMostFeared Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_3XZ View Post
The SVT head has a better intake port angle as well as shape. You can also remove more material from the port before you hit the water jackets. The ZX2 head is even better than the SVT, you can remove even more material before you run into water jackets. Who have you done SVT heads for in the past? Do you have flow numbers for them or any dynos???
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Dog View Post
One SVT head we did was for a user on here, jwheels54. 04 SVT, built motor, 2.4 pullied PW.

The car was a rocket, but I dont know if he ever actually got a good power pull down before selling it... :(

We also did some substantial porting to the blower housing that seemed very effective.
That would be my car now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #32
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Memberbesthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
well numbers man! dont keep us in suspense
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #33
CatMostFeared
FocusXtreme

Fan#: 20987
What I Drive: Wicked 2000 Turbo Zx3

FF Reputation: 20 CatMostFeared Great Standing Member
Haven't dyno'ed the car just use it for a daily driver (dyno will come soon)

I know I want one for my skittles car.I have a new FR head in box I need to sell 1st.

Massive spends alot of time and money on the kits and parts they sell thats why its taking so long on there turbo kit.Yeah some some people might have gotten proto types but thats what they are.Karl has always stood behind his work and parts,Massive has been working on these heads
for long time and now there ready
Old 06-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #34
honhon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 24778
What I Drive: a better car than a focus.

FF Reputation: 219 honhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
kdog... if we already have a cylinder head, are we able to send it to you and have to port and polish it, clean it up, install new valves and springs/retainers?
Old 06-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #35
gokart2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31234
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ST w/SAP#1

FF Reputation: 14 gokart2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow...two thumbs up, if I had a third you'd get that one also. Love the flow comparison...can't wait to see the Duratec comparison. Now if we could get an outstanding company like Massive to manufacture an intake manifold that doesn't cost way too much, and actually bolts on without having to relocate steering components.....man, the dollar signs are rolling... keep up the outstanding work!
ST Crew #90
My wife---><----Me
Old 06-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #36
K Dog
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 23554
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 10 K Dog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec View Post
.045" mill. I haven't seen anyone recommend that amount of milling before. Will the motor still be "non interference" when you shave this much? And can a Ford Racing head also be milled 0.45" without issues?
You can definitely go .045". Some have even gone as for as .080 (Focus Central back in the day). I would say with all but stock cams you will have an interference motor.

FR head is based on the same stock casting as ours, so you could certainly mill it the same and have no issues.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #37
K Dog
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_3XZ View Post
So what were the flow numbers for the head? The car was a rocket compared to what? Who else had one of your SVT heads? I am looking to have one ported for my car.
Im 100% sure that the work was effective amd produced more power, but I dont think we ever flowed them back to back. The last one we did was in 05. Based on the response I have had to people wanting an SVT head, I'd say its more than likely we will begin working on a program.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #38
K Dog
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by honhon View Post
kdog... if we already have a cylinder head, are we able to send it to you and have to port and polish it, clean it up, install new valves and springs/retainers?
We could. But you understand there is a $300 core charge already. So we will need your old head as it is. It would save you down time versus having to wait for that particular head to be done versus just having us send you one right away. We have been including a pre-paid UPS label with the heads so returning it is a snap.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #39
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Memberbesthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
good i want an SVT head...now...lol
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #40
MattyKrackSVT
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 51641
What I Drive: 02--InfraRed--SVT

FF Reputation: 29 MattyKrackSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
i might not sell my bad motor now.... sent out the head to you guys hmmmm.. all i want is a 12 sec 1/4 mile. lol.

Bookmarks & Social Networks