Simplified Lunchbox Removal Instructions - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #21
theWorst
Focus Addict

Fan#: 55690
What I Drive: 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 6 theWorst Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
sweet gummy venus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #22
Archion
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53720
What I Drive: 08 VB SES 2d/99 Mustang/86 F150

FF Reputation: 6 Archion Good Standing Member
Good write up, but I want to add, In several states, flex pipe will not pass inspection.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #23
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Great point, wasn't aware of that. Even more reason to find a shop that will get a real piece of pipe on there for a reasonable price. Next time I crawl under there I'm going to pay real close attention and see if there's any way to cut off the lunch-box so that it leaves a straight shot to the tip. Then we wouldn't have to worry about having some shop bend a piece of pipe and charge a small fortune to install a whole 18" of pipe.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 06-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #24
Archion
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53720
What I Drive: 08 VB SES 2d/99 Mustang/86 F150

FF Reputation: 6 Archion Good Standing Member
I've got to change my oil again this weekend, I'll take a look while it's up in the air as well.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #25
seppiex1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49428
What I Drive: 2003 silver zx3 2.3 duratec

Points 34, Level 1
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 seppiex1 Good Standing Member
I have something that would help

I have the rear section from my borla set up, I paid $65 for it and it comes with the tip if anyone is interested let me know
Old 06-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #26
Algorhythm

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWhite View Post
Thank you and thanks for the rep points. That is a great compliment coming from someone that's been on FF for so long.

I appreciate a good write-up (as I've written a few) when I see one.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:42 AM   #27
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Member bluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
In Missouri anyway, a flex pipe in the exhaust won't pass the State Safety Inspection......unless you know the inspector and can get him to over-look the thing. You need an inspection every two years at least.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #28
BradWhite
Head Hurt

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing Member BradWhite Excellent Standing Member
In Washington (state) we have emissions testing every two years. But, they don't inspect the exhaust system. In fact, on newer vehicles, they don't even "test" the actual emissions at the tail pipe anymore. They just hook up to the on-board computer and if everything reports OK they pass you.

I'll try to make this short - the last time my van (now sold) needed an "emission" inspection, the on-board computer was reporting both banks running lean. They failed it. I drove to my mechanic, he reset the codes, I drove straight back to the test center, and now even though they couldn't read those same codes that failed me 30 minutes earlier (because they had just been re-set), they PASSED it. I'm not kidding - and this is what we're paying for.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6

Last edited by BradWhite; 06-19-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:07 AM   #29
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Member bluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
In this state (Missouri) you need two inspections. The emission inspection is done only on cars newer than '95 using a scan tool only.

The safety inspection is done on every car.....at least every two years. This is where the flex exhaust pipe will fail. (if the guy notices it).
Old 06-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #30
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Well, I mentioned this was temporary until I found a cat-back for my 08'. Somewhere in the middle of all that flooding out there is a UPS truck with my new exhaust on it. That package better be on the upper shelf! It's a Trubendz 2 1/2 inch stainless steel (SS) exhaust, with a SS Magnaflow straight through muffler, and a new hi-flow cat to boot.

I've already received two notices of delivery date changes due to the flooding.

If you guys down there see a UPS truck stuck in the water, be safe, but help him out will you.

Seriously, to any FF member affected by all that water, my wife and I wish you nothing but a safe and fast recovery (and dry feet).

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.