Autocross in Northeast PA - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
kkswim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51950
What I Drive: 04 Black SVT Euro Focus & 94 Cobra

FF Reputation: 0 kkswim Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Autocross in Northeast PA

Hello!

IM 17 years old and want to join in on the fun of autocross but i have no idea where to start or who to talk to! If anyone near me does autocrossing please send me a message so i could chat with you about it and learn some of the rules. If anyone has info on autocross tracks in my area and local races please leave me some info!

Thanks so much!

Ken!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
Dudes ZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23416
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 Dudes ZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Its great that your getting into autox so young. Wish I knew about it back when. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask, for the most part we won;t bite! Do you have any mods so far (Down to the air filter, and rim size)? That could help us put you in to a class.

Your kind of in a tough spot. NEPA SCCA runs out of Williamsport and Luzerne County, I don't know how that will work out for you. Philly SCCA runs at Warminster and that is probably closer to you then Williamsport. But maybe a North Jersey or New York chapter would work for ya!

Northeast PA is http://www.nepa-scca.com/
Philly is http://www.phillyscca.com/
And very broad Northeast US site is http://www.nescca.com/

2008 Rulebook can be downloaded from http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61
Old 05-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23692
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
As Dudes ZX3 stated, we would be more than willing to help you out. I started my son in autocross when he was 17, so ask away.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
Dudes ZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23416
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 Dudes ZX3 Great Standing Member
^^^ Hoping to be that dad! I will seriously debate selling the focus for a kart when shes of proper age.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
kkswim
Focus Enthusiast

So far i got k&N air filter, Screamon Demon Coil pack, Livewires, and a diablosport tune, IM running the EAP 17's that came stock on the car, so where would this place me? lol
Old 05-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkswim View Post
So far i got k&N air filter, Screamon Demon Coil pack, Livewires, and a diablosport tune, IM running the EAP 17's that came stock on the car, so where would this place me? lol
If not for the tune, you would be in GS which is the stock class the SVT falls into. The Diablosport tune is going to throw you into STS, which is a street tire class.

So as your car sits today, you're in STS.

Here's a link to the 2008 rule book, which details what modifications are allowed in both classes.

http://sccaforums.com/forums/storage...solo_rules.pdf
Old 05-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
kkswim
Focus Enthusiast

so is this a good setup for this class, or does it come to mainly a drivers race in each class, im afraid im going to be eaten alive my first event or something lol the nepa scca shows like no events, they had one the beginning of may but that seems to be all so far. Are they held often or like once a month and so forth
Old 05-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Here's a link to the nepa-scca solo event schedule for 2008...
http://www.nepa-scca.com/solo2schedule.html
They have about 10 events scheduled for 08.

Don't worry about your setup or being competitive. Just go and have fun. When you do go, let them know at registration that this is your first time and ask if someone can show you around and explain things.

It looks like their next event is this coming Sunday.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #9
Blurvfocus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 15299
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Wine Cooled Eng.

FF Reputation: 54 Blurvfocus Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkswim View Post
so is this a good setup for this class, or does it come to mainly a drivers race in each class, im afraid im going to be eaten alive my first event or something lol the nepa scca shows like no events, they had one the beginning of may but that seems to be all so far. Are they held often or like once a month and so forth
1.- Don't worry about your class for now. You're going to get eaten alive in any class, and probably by some girl, even. We all went through it... in fact, I'm still going thru it! But you'll have so much fun you won't give a damn about having your butt whupped.

2.- Check that nepa-scca site again. They had an event in Nanticoke, PA just today, their next one is on june 15 in Frackville. There are events around- you'll probably be able to run every weekend if you're willing to drive an hour or two to do it. Try this- www.autox4u.com for schedules around you.

3.- On mods- I did stuff to my car so that it would be more fun driving to work or walmart- never mind autoX. Then I run what ever class my buggy happens to fit into. If I did anything right in this whole deal, that was it right there.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #10
silveib
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47255
What I Drive: 2004 black ZX3

FF Reputation: 26 silveib Great Standing Member
id also love to get into auto-x, im waiting to finish school and go on salary at work, i love driving and it seems right up my alley

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.