2000 focus blower fan location needed - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-06-2004, 07:36 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 8855
FF Reputation: 1 guest Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2000 focus blower fan location needed

I got high speed fan only with no ac then some days no fan at all.I heard a screaching sound once.Fan must have bad bearings.My question is wheres the blower fan and do you replace it,or is there something else causing this?This car is falling apart in other areas and I can't afford to take it in.Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #2
ispy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6031
FF Reputation: 1 ispy Good Standing Member
I had a churping noise coming from my recirculation fan on my 2000 Focus LX. I think the blower fan sits right next to the recirc fan. The recirc fan is located behind the glovebox. You can open the glovebox and disconnect it so that it swings all the way down for access to the fans. I sprayed oil on my fan and it stopped making the annoying noise. Good luck in finding it. I think I saw it there but not sure. Good place to start looking. Look in there while selecting the blower on and off and you should be able to locate it through that compartment.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:22 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Hey Thanks! I'll do that next opportunity and let you know results.What you say makes good sense.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:56 PM   #4
Focus Rookie

as ISPY says,the blower is located behind glove box.Very easy to get at but thats as good as it got.I found the motor seized with the lower bearing rusted.Oiled the hell out out of it but it was too late.The windings were damaged. Put in a new blower motor,runs real good on high speed,still no lower speeds and no AC.Called parts and said wtf,They said change resister pack.Did that and bingo.Total fix at $90.00 in parts and about 12 hours of my time uside down on my back sweating like mad over a period of several days.Is this another example of how we have all been sold down the river by substandard designs and flaws in this model of car.I won't even get into the wheel bearing,fuel pump desintegration debacle.That was covered.Hope this helps someone else save time and money when it happens.I still wonder though,how did water get into the motor housing and will it happen again in another 4 years.

Bookmarks & Social Networks