Introducing the redesigned 2009 Ford Focus Coupe - Page 38 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #371
robinsonda1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61994
What I Drive: 2010 Mustang GT, 2009 Focus SES 4DR

FF Reputation: 0 robinsonda1 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfocused View Post
$20,600 is the MSRP, which no one will pay if they have just 1/2 of a brain. The heated leather seats, ABS brakes and the Audiophile sound system added quite a bit to the price. Jiggy posted he paid $14,500 for this car...... I doubt that very much. Not calling him a liar, but really that is the price for a total stripped base SE package. I don't care how much wheeling and dealing you did, you are NOT going to get a Focus SES Coupe for 14K, it's just not going to happen, not with the options I listed. As a retired Ford employee I get a very good deal, and there is a $2500.00 cash back from Ford, plus the $500.00 I'll get with the brochure I had Ford send me. Then of course you must add the destination charge and the New York killer sales tax. All said and done the dealer makes a whopping $200-$300 on the deal, plus any hold back. I have never paid MSRP for any car, and anyone who does is just totally clueless. Now like I said, I am not calling Jiggy a liar, but how can you get $6100 of the MSRP of a fully loaded SES Coupe? Fess up, what options does the car have? I am 53 yrs old, and have been working at Ford Dealerships for a very, very long time, and no one get a deal like that. A stripped down dealer demo, I can believe. But, hey I have been wrong a few times in my life...lol! And if you did pay $14,500 for the same car I described, then my Goodness you are the MAN!! I am assuming Jiggy is a he, if not please accept my most humble apologies. (That is my politically correct disclaimer)
Cheers bfocused
Oh, hotniks dealer is Nemer Ford in Queensbury.

I got my 08 SES coupe for $14k out the door, it's possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #372
jiggy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62582
What I Drive: black 09 coupe leather/moon/tuneSES

FF Reputation: 0 jiggy Newbie
Quote:
I love the new look!! I love it so much I have one being built, and can't wait for it to arrive. Trading in my 03 ZX3 SVT to purchase it. Had to order it because no one all the options I wanted. I opted for the 5 speed, Audiophile Sound System, heated leather seats, and the ABS btake system. The price skyrocketed to a whopping $20,600.00!! But I feel it is well worth it. There is a $2500 cash rebate, and I get a break for being a retired Ford employee. Dealer has promised to give me $5000 for the trade, which I feel is fair. I will miss my SVT no doubt, but the time is right. I thought about waiting for the new 2010 Fiesta, which is supposed to be a great handing car, but the SVT is going to need some major repairs soon (exhaust, struts and bushings, cat converter.... and on and on....). I'll report back whan I get the 09 Coupe.
Cheers
You don't mention the moon roof but as it's part of the tune package i assume you have that as well,just not sure as you state you are having it built.Tell me for that money it has the electric moon roof !!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #373
jiggy
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
$20,600 is the MSRP, which no one will pay if they have just 1/2 of a brain. The heated leather seats, ABS brakes and the Audiophile sound system added quite a bit to the price. Jiggy posted he paid $14,500 for this car...... I doubt that very much. Not calling him a liar, but really that is the price for a total stripped base SE package. I don't care how much wheeling and dealing you did, you are NOT going to get a Focus SES Coupe for 14K, it's just not going to happen, not with the options I listed. As a retired Ford employee I get a very good deal, and there is a $2500.00 cash back from Ford, plus the $500.00 I'll get with the brochure I had Ford send me. Then of course you must add the destination charge and the New York killer sales tax. All said and done the dealer makes a whopping $200-$300 on the deal, plus any hold back. I have never paid MSRP for any car, and anyone who does is just totally clueless. Now like I said, I am not calling Jiggy a liar, but how can you get $6100 of the MSRP of a fully loaded SES Coupe? Fess up, what options does the car have? I am 53 yrs old, and have been working at Ford Dealerships for a very, very long time, and no one gets a deal like that. A stripped down dealer demo, I can believe. But, hey I have been wrong a few times in my life...lol! And if you did pay $14,500 for the same car I described, then my Goodness you are the MAN!! I am assuming Jiggy is a he, if not please accept my most humble apologies. (That is my politically correct disclaimer)
Cheers bfocused
Oh, hotniks dealer is Nemer Ford in Queensbury.
It does sound like you are calling me a liar,i can do one of two things put you in touch with the member of this board that works at the dealership and he can confirm for you or as i go up to Lake George a lot i can show you myself.
You talk about TAX i pay tax to the state not the dealer,now tell me you ordered the moon roof for that $$$$$ As my first reply stated the same car less traction.I can go out and take a picture if you like.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #374
jiggy
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggy View Post
I just picked up mine last night Black 09 coupe,leather,moon/tune.Same car as yours except abs/traction which i would have picked up but couldn't find.

I got a great tip from this board which was go to Ford Motors site and fill out that you want a brochure sent to you.It will come in a week and inside there is a coupon from Ford for an additional $500 off used mine yesterday.They said they don't see many of these but accepted it as it had codes from ford to impute also had my name on it.I had a great 2.5 hour ride home,sound system 6 disc just Awesome ! Real glad i got the Manuel trans.as it is soooooo smoth and fun !!! This car rocks !!
Here you go my first response to your post
preposition
Date:
14th century

: with the exclusion or exception of <daily except Sundays> EXCEPT ABS

Last edited by jiggy; 03-01-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #375
jiggy
Focus Enthusiast

NOT GONA HAPPEN
Here you go brand new 09 SES $14,265 with abs/traction that's before you hand them the ford coupon and then FMFinance now your down to $13,265 not gona happen for an 09 SES,well your wrong ! Just wait in two months they will be lower and you will still be waiting for yours to be built,good luck with that.I had a car built once in my life in 1989 a ford probe gt turbo,it was supposed to be eight weeks.
Well I learned a lesson with that 16 weeks later NEVER HAVE A CAR BUILT !!! PS the funny thing is that 1989 probe GT cost me $16,000
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/ctd/1053056110.html

Last edited by jiggy; 03-02-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #376
bfocused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63
What I Drive: I now drive a 2009 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 2 bfocused Good Standing Member
Jiggy, yes the price I quoted did include the moon roof. I am amazed that you did get such a bargain, my hat is off to you, as I stated in my post, You Are The Man!!! Now please tell me how to pull off this feat of financial wizardry! I'll try to pull off the same deal here. Buying a car for almost $1000.00 less than the dealer paid to the factory will be the new benchmark that all of us will want to equal. I did notice in your listing of options, you have cloth seats, but your post says leather. I think the list you posted is the standard listing and your options are posted on the window sticker. I would love to see the sticker, so I can march into my dealer and say, match this deal!! I am just so amazed, I know I get great deals from this dealer (where I was a Collision Shop manager for years), and have purchased 6 cars from them over the years, but I think I'll hard pressed to get the deal you got. Think about it almost $6000.00 off the listed price............... I see the real factory invoice for every car I buy from them, not the made up invoice they show the general public. The owner and GM of this dealership are personal friends of mine.
So, to wrap it all up, I guess I still remain just a wee bit skeptical, but would never be so bold as to say, Jiggy, you are lying. If that was your impression of my post, then please let me again say, I am eating a big slice of humble pie, and will offer my most sincere apologies.
Oh, and I see you got one in black. A black car always looks so damn sharp when clean and glossy, but looks like hell when dirty. I swore never to buy a black vehicle again. They are a pain to keep looking sharp, and will scratch if you look at it wrong...lol! Really though I bet it is very nice, but do make sure you get as many coats of hand rubbed wax on her as you can. I have used Meguiar's products for years, and swear by them. We used their products in the paint shop, and I recommend them highly. Their mist and shine is a great product, and I always have it in my trunk along with plenty of high quality white towels for spot cleaning. Wax, wax and more wax!!! Oh, and if you do get up to Lake George this summer let me know, it would be a pleasure to meet you. Lake George is one of the finest places in NY. This old fool has traveled the world (literally) and can say nothing matches the beauty of this area. It is the reason I put up with all this snow and cold. And I hate snow!!!

Cheers, bfocused
Old 03-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #377
jiggy
Focus Enthusiast

That post was off craigslist because you said you can't get a striped down SE for that money.So that was an example that took me 3 min. to find that is not my car.Again mine is just like yours EXCEPT ABS and in the driveway now.

I added more <edited> my post before to be Very clear so check them out again..
Oh and I'm not a kid as I'm one year younger than you...
Old 03-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #378
jiggy
Focus Enthusiast

[]Now please tell me how to pull off this feat of financial wizardry! I'll try to pull off the same deal here. Buying a car for almost $1000.00 less than the dealer paid to the factory will be the new benchmark that all of us will want to equal.

Sorry but i don't think it will happen for you because of one thing
you ordered yoursas a matter of fact that $500 coupon says in stock dealer inventory only.But as a former employee they may let it slide

How i did it was a lot of looking and watching and checking and found out there are a lot of these on dealers lots,down the street from me they have 26 mostly sedans.A lot of people are still waiting and watching and will buy but know they will go lower.Imagine 20 years ago like i said in a previous post i paid $16,000
for a probe GT when they first came out.

I had one dealer say to me we know you want this car why after 8 weeks don't you buy it.She said it can't be that much fun shopping for cars can it?
Old 03-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #379
bfocused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63
What I Drive: I now drive a 2009 Focus SES

FF Reputation: 2 bfocused Good Standing Member
Yes the dealer has ordered the car as stock to add to their inventory, so they can then sell it to me as "in stock". So I will get all the cash back incentives which will make it around $16,600 or there about. As I stated I am going to miss my 03 ZX3 SVT, but am excited about the new 09 Coupe. We had my wifes 08 SES sedan built for us and it took just under 90 days to arrive. The GM tells me this one will take about 8 weeks or less. I'll let you know when it arrives. Please let me know about the Sirius Sat Radio, is it activated, or must you pay a fee to receive the signal. I really love the Sync in the wife's car, really cool. We bought two 8GB memory sticks and put hours and hours of music on them. Just plugging them into the USB port is fantastic. She has the base sound system, and it lacks a bit in fidelity, and was the reason I went with the Premium sound system. My SVT has the 260 watt system with premium speakers and sub-woofer and it really rocks!!. On another topic, what is the FF member # actually mean, if you know. I know I have been here since the start of it all, but can it be possible that I was member # 63, I see members with numbers in the 60,00 range. Not that that means a damn thing, but was just wondering. Can any one fill me in on that? Jiggy as stated I think I would enjoy meeting you, I'll bet we have a lot in common. Same generation anyway. Please do enjoy your car!!! And again, a tip of the hat to you. I just saw a photo of the Focus GT which sells in Europe, man that car is blazing HOT!! I'll be kicking my self in the arse if that car comes to our shores, and I miss out on owning one. But, it seems the brains in Detroit feel it won't sell here, why we can only wonder. I know I would buy one without a doubt.
Bill
bfocused
Old 03-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #380
jiggy
Focus Enthusiast

Anyone looking for any car this is a good link and you can change the search to any make or model you want.Car,motorcycle whatever check it out scroll down http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cg...mit=++++go++++

I don't know about the sat.radio as it has just sat in my driveway since picking it up on Friday and i brought 6 Cd's with me.
I do want to thank you Bill as i looked at my paperwork it should have been $750 for the coupon sent to me by ford and when i called the dealer he agreed and is refunding me $250.
I will start using the ford in a couple of weeks when the roads get a little better.My 92 GMC can take the shit roads for a few more weeks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->