Introducing the redesigned 2009 Ford Focus Coupe - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #201
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
maybe Ford realized that they could make a sport version.............

took ya long enough.....FORD USA is like the guy that takes 3 sec longer than everybody else to get the joke........EVENTUALLY they realize.....lol...

Looks %50 better......a drop, and you wouldn't have to worry about rims, headlights, or grille......nice.......

NO CHROME!!!! WO HOO!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 03:24 PM   #202
Arkaign
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53519
What I Drive: 2008 Red Focus Coupe 5Spd

FF Reputation: 3 Arkaign Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusonthefocus View Post
"The Focus simply canít keep up with more-expensive sporting compacts like the Civic Si and Volkswagen GTI, but itís an issue of power, not of handling." -speedsportlife.com

Hit it on the nose.

The Zetec was lacking power, no? Introduced the SVTf that HAD more power, yet it didn't sell enough for them to keep it around? Why was it discontinued?

Is our lust for the perfect car shooting us in the foot? If we aren't happy with the looks or power, are we to over look the suspension dynamics? Something that the original focus was known for?

I hear the Mazdaspeed 3 is now discontinued. Wasn't that car THE CAR? It had looks, power and could dance... everything we are asking for in the focus... why is the MS3 discontinued?

Just some thoughts. I don't know, I'm more asking myself. Feel free to rant.

The 08-09 is warming up to me. But only the moment I heard the suspension and steering are tight. As a graphic designer, I require every element to a design to have a purpose. They blew away much of the "hyped" nick-nacks that some unknown group of buyers are into. Thank you Ford. Now... about that perfection thing...
If I had to hazard a guess to why the SVT Focus was discontinued, I'd have to say it was because it must have been expensive to produce. The motor was a drastic makeover, the suspension had lots of better components, better brakes, better exhaust, different intake setup, visual tweaks, better wheels, etc, etc, etc. It wasn't simply a Focus with a few tweaks, it was almost a different car altogether, in terms of production.

This time around, I hope they do another run at a performance version, albeit maybe in a more profitable way. I'd imagine the 2.3L motor with proper tuning could hit 180hp from the factory, and combined with the lower weight and higher torque, would be a compelling competitor to the 197hp/127tq Civic Si.

Add boost and you're gunning down the Cobalt SS.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #203
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanZ View Post
^^^ Totally- all black front grille- and bring the headlights straight down. I would really love to see the new 08-09 tailights on an actual hatch model instead of a half- hatch model, I've been waiting for that since my 03 focus- oh well. Good job though FORD- still love ya!
The headlights are following the contours of the hood. :) The designers have their reasons... not saying their good or bad... but they are there.

Focus on the Mountain
Old 05-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #204
kimbo305
Focus Addict

Fan#: 52390
What I Drive: '00 Zetec ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 kimbo305 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusonthefocus View Post
I hear the Mazdaspeed 3 is now discontinued. Wasn't that car THE CAR? It had looks, power and could dance... everything we are asking for in the focus... why is the MS3 discontinued?
Mazdaspeed products are planned as limited runs. The production numbers are carefully tuned to match the small demand.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #205
Dcl2049
MyCarBreaksAlot

Fan#: 18957
What I Drive: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 69 Dcl2049 Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaign View Post
If I had to hazard a guess to why the SVT Focus was discontinued, I'd have to say it was because it must have been expensive to produce. The motor was a drastic makeover, the suspension had lots of better components, better brakes, better exhaust, different intake setup, visual tweaks, better wheels, etc, etc, etc. It wasn't simply a Focus with a few tweaks, it was almost a different car altogether, in terms of production.

This time around, I hope they do another run at a performance version, albeit maybe in a more profitable way. I'd imagine the 2.3L motor with proper tuning could hit 180hp from the factory, and combined with the lower weight and higher torque, would be a compelling competitor to the 197hp/127tq Civic Si.

Add boost and you're gunning down the Cobalt SS.
IIRC they weren't too happy about sales. I'd venture to say that is partly because it was never advertised.
Dan - gumpcrew #4
[BBS][Borla][Focus Central][Hella][K&N][Koni][Lentech][Wings West]
#23 STS Wiregrass Region SCCA
Old 05-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #206
MisterJohnson
M0derator Monkey

Fan#: 51724
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 D23

FF Reputation: 30 MisterJohnson Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Back before the focus I went to my local ford dealership and asked the salesman if they were gonna do an SVT ZX2 and they looked at me like I was asking about a UFO detection package or something. It was like they'd never even heard of an SVT. It was weird.
15.07 @ 93.49 Team Duratec #149
Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #207
CatMostFeared
FocusXtreme

Fan#: 20987
What I Drive: Wicked 2000 Turbo Zx3

FF Reputation: 20 CatMostFeared Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
car looks much better but still needs a turbo option
Old 05-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #208
Dcl2049
MyCarBreaksAlot

Fan#: 18957
What I Drive: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 69 Dcl2049 Excellent Standing Member
They would probably charge you more than what you would pay for a nice FS turbo setup though.
Dan - gumpcrew #4
[BBS][Borla][Focus Central][Hella][K&N][Koni][Lentech][Wings West]
#23 STS Wiregrass Region SCCA
Old 05-15-2008, 08:13 PM   #209
chadman86
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51045
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 chadman86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i think it looks pretty darn good and the interior is awesome!
#1552 of 2173...1 of 591
Old 05-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #210
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcl2049 View Post
They would probably charge you more than what you would pay for a nice FS turbo setup though.
Maybe, maybe not, but you would get a nice warrenty with it so if anything breaks Ford will fix it for free. Unlike with aftermarket f/i. One of the positives of having a stock turbo.

Bookmarks & Social Networks