Introducing the redesigned 2009 Ford Focus Coupe - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-13-2008, 11:37 PM   #131
Mr. Bill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36856
What I Drive: '02 BFR SVT ZX3, '00 Contour SVT

FF Reputation: 7 Mr. Bill Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
All I have to say is "Thank you Ford!" This was much needed, and it looks a lot better than the '08. It's great that Ford listened to the people and changed the things that needed changing.
'02 Focus SVT Infra Red #4709 of 4788
'00 Contour SVT Tropic Green #1833 of 2150

'90 Taurus SHO
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 12:53 AM   #132
Sakura
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 55377
What I Drive: '08 Vapor Silver Coupe SE

FF Reputation: 1 Sakura Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Kudos to Ford for listening and making some changes! Personally it's not a car I would be interested in since I'm not their target market; I'm in the minority in that I like the looks of the '08 coupe (for the most part). I really don't care for the high spoiler, though. I think those look much better on hatches.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:14 AM   #133
shepski
Banned

Fan#: 45523
What I Drive: '04 CD Silver SVT ZX5, #328 of 1079

FF Reputation: 53 shepski Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Since we're not allowed to bash it, I'll just post this link to Autoweek, and let the members' comments speak for themselves - SO many spot-on ones ("pinch one"!):

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...9627/1530/FREE
Old 05-14-2008, 02:08 AM   #134
dubalicious
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33589
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, I call her Vera.

FF Reputation: 2 dubalicious Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepski View Post
Since we're not allowed to bash it, I'll just post this link to Autoweek, and let the members' comments speak for themselves - SO many spot-on ones ("pinch one"!):

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...9627/1530/FREE
The Jalopnik article has some great comments as well.

http://jalopnik.com/389809/2009-ford...ickstill-a-pig
Old 05-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #135
MisterJohnson
M0derator Monkey

Fan#: 51724
What I Drive: '04 ZX3 D23

Points 62,373, Level 100
Points: 62,373, Level: 100 Points: 62,373, Level: 100 Points: 62,373, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 30 MisterJohnson Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
For those who didn't catch it before, here's a quick photoshop job:
Lowered suspension, replaced both upper and lower grills, re-shaped headlights and the front of the hood line, shaved the door handle, shaved the upper body side ridges, and tinted the rear windows

BELOW IS THE BEFORE PICTURE
15.07 @ 93.49 Team Duratec #149
Old 05-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #136
ChazimusZX4ST
Fords suck

Fan#: 30557
What I Drive: 2005 Graffiti ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 19 ChazimusZX4ST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I like that high mounted spoiler, curious how it mounts, might look sweet on the ST if it all mounts up.

Are those EAP rims, or just a replica design?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #137
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
It is a nice car, design wise but I still don't think it'll have the stance in the sport compact and aftermarket industry as the previous versions of the focus had. There are alot of key points this car does heavily outset it against the previous focus models but with that being said, as a daily driver, it's awesome, as a sport compact enthusiast car, I dunno.....

It's definitely a step up compared to the previous redesign.... I like the front end 'look'.....
Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #138
OCS12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52786
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 23 OCS12 Great Standing Member
My theory on how this whole re-design came about is that some board member pulled a few strings and got his nephew a job as an intern on the design team. The actual designers wanted nothing to do with the little guy, figuring he was just there to spy on them, so they needed a way to get rid of him for awhile. They told him to go back in the warehouse and create a new concept for the Focus coupe. They told him they weren't really going to let him spend more than a couple bucks for the budget, but he was welcome to dig through the parts bins of all the old OEM bits and pieces they had leftover from previous Foci. They all laughed as he wandered back there, knowing he had pretty much an impossible task.

A few days later, he returned. He had found a couple EAP wheels laying around to throw on there. Then he grabbed an exhaust off an ST. He still wasn't quite happy with it, so he grabbed an old SVT bumper and bent and stretched it 'til it fit. Something still wasn't quite right though, so he stole a can of spray paint out of the janitor's closet and blacked out the grill. He wanted a spoiler for the car, but couldn't find room in the budget for it. So he pryed the chrome fender vents off and headed outside. He managed to find a confused little ricer that thought they'd look pretty sweet on the guy's Civic hatch. So he traded the fender vents for the guy's spoiler.

The rest of Ford saw what he did. The original design team is now down stairs, scraping gum off the bottom of the cafeteria tables. The intern is now running the Focus project. We have hope.

(Or for the short version, Ford did a very nice job cleaning up a goofy looking car while spending very little money.)
Old 05-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #139
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

Points 85,638, Level 100
Points: 85,638, Level: 100 Points: 85,638, Level: 100 Points: 85,638, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepski View Post
Don't misinterpret the rules, you are free to talk about the 2009 Focus here as long as the feedbacks are constructive.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #140
Sid03SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 39759
What I Drive: 02 Explorer 4.6L, 02 CBR600 F4i

FF Reputation: 8 Sid03SVT Good Standing Member
OCS12 - well done sir, I tip my hat to you
don't know how? click on the number next to "FF Reputation" and add a comment

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.