Introducing the redesigned 2009 Ford Focus Coupe - Page 13 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #121
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
It's a great change of pace. Perhaps they should throw in a suspension package?

Focus on the Mountain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #122
mdfords
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24279
What I Drive: 2014 ST3, 05 ZX4 ST, 85 Supra

FF Reputation: 7 mdfords Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
what a big improvement!!!!
TEAM DURATEC #21/ST CREW # 7
Old 05-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #123
dazada
4.0 makes it go

Fan#: 32321
What I Drive: 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

FF Reputation: 9 dazada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
MUCH BETTER.

Fjord must be listening.

Rock on.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #124
Dudes ZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23416
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 Dudes ZX3 Great Standing Member
Looks way better then 2008! Good Job FordNA
Old 05-13-2008, 07:01 PM   #125
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I believe Ford's design team (or perhaps an individual designer; kudos to you!) was successful in making the car look factory fresh, and sporty. I don't believe Forced Induction would be the wisest of choices for performance at this time. What would be amazing is if they made the car with lighter interior bits and pieces; sacrifice some sound deadening and introduce different material for the seats (I'm sure it's more sophisticated than carving into the existing seats to create bucket seats), etc. I'm sure they would not be willing to omit the SYNC because it's their trump card over all the other brands in this specific compact market. Perhaps some extra weight can be shed from the trunk?

I do wonder why the 2.3 liter can not be reintroduced as well. Pondering this, I speculate that have two different motors would cause logistical irritants for both the OEM and the aftermarket. Maybe buyers wouldn't like the fact that they're getting the "weaker" engine. I don't have enough information to make a firm opinion on that one... :T Anyone have a real idea about that one?

Focus on the Mountain

Last edited by focusonthefocus; 05-15-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Deleted a sentence to avoid being a complete smartass...
Old 05-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #126
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdamay View Post
Have to agree. As much as I have not warmed up to the new Focus, this does make it look better. You have to give Ford credit for actually doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to make the car look better. They took a sound beating in the automotive press for the weird styling of the car (yes, '08 owners, styling is subjective, don't get upset) and took some measures to please the critics. For those who said it's not impressive or not enough, what did you expect? With the Euro Focus hopefully right around the corner for North America, how much money would they possibly invest in a design that was only meant to be around as a stopgap in the first place?

The only thing I would criticize perhaps is that the inclusion of the SVT wheels highlights how badly the car needs a drop and even bigger wheels, they look lost in that wheel opening.
Agreed....people what did you expect a full redesign and an introduction of a hatch outta no where. That wouldnt happen, especially not after a year. I think they did a decent job of redesigning it and for one be happy about this fact......FORD ACTUALLY LISTENED TO THE PUBLIC AND ENTHUSIATS AND REDESIGNED IT. The old ford would of never done that. This shows that there is a future for ford and not just for the focus, but for their entire lineup. I agree it def. needs a drop, but that could be easily fixed. Focus-sport already has springs for the 08 and I'm sure will be coming out with a matching suspension kit soon enough. Also with the power upgrade it looks like they are as powerful as the old 2.3s were, 03 1/2- 04.

Oh and to the person who said they despise euro cars.....why the hell did you buy a focus then?
Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #127
hillandl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22346
What I Drive: 2004 Liquid Grey ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 hillandl Good Standing Member
It's getting better, and the interior is better than anything I've seen on the site before!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #128
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Oh and to the person who said they despise euro cars.....why the hell did you buy a focus then?
Haha, I had to go back and look for that comment, I missed it. Is he being sort of "tongue-in-cheek" sarcastic? Riceman are you going to elaborate on your comments? Who asks for a car to look less sophisticated? Damn this car is too clean and Euro-inspired, I need something ugly and I need it NOW!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #129
BobBernard
Spin

Fan#: 36660
What I Drive: 2006 Screaming Yellow Focus ZX3 S

FF Reputation: 9 BobBernard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I like it; I would definitely get that as my next Focus.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #130
SonicBlues
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47670
What I Drive: 2013 Sonic Blue SE 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 SonicBlues Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodan23 View Post
I think some people are not giving Ford enough credit, remember that it is only a quick refresh and it has basically an SVT bumper that we all love and the EAP's we all love. They can't lower it because some people can not deal with a lowered vehicle and it apparently has a nicer sounding exhaust. They got rid of the chrome front and chrome side moldings. Ford literally did exactly what everyone wanted. this is a VERY good sign and remember there is a completely redesigned euro focus coming out in the next few years so why would they sink tons of money into a complete redesign after one year? Congrats Ford this REALLY helps the look of the new focus coupe. I love it!
I stand corrected and also give a thumbs up cant bash ford for doing almost exactly what we asked

Bookmarks & Social Networks