Introducing the redesigned 2009 Ford Focus Coupe - Page 11 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #101
Zorin01
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55692
What I Drive: 2008 Vapor silver SE focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Zorin01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nice !!!!! I agree with everybody, that Ford is listening and they did adress the major complaints about the focus exterior. And gave it more power as well. I just, wish they use the 2.5 engine they are going to put into the refreshed Fusion sedan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #102
Luis360
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35708
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Luis360 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i love it but then again i dont. i think it just needs to be lowered and then i think will look better.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #103
wordyahurdd
coooookie monster

Fan#: 41401
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 7 wordyahurdd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
love the wheels, i still like my svt better!
2004 SVT : #55 STF
2003 Buell XB9S
Old 05-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #104
Wodan23
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46243
What I Drive: 2005 Reflex Silver GTI

FF Reputation: 42 Wodan23 Great Standing Member
I think some people are not giving Ford enough credit, remember that it is only a quick refresh and it has basically an SVT bumper that we all love and the EAP's we all love. They can't lower it because some people can not deal with a lowered vehicle and it apparently has a nicer sounding exhaust. They got rid of the chrome front and chrome side moldings. Ford literally did exactly what everyone wanted. this is a VERY good sign and remember there is a completely redesigned euro focus coming out in the next few years so why would they sink tons of money into a complete redesign after one year? Congrats Ford this REALLY helps the look of the new focus coupe. I love it!
Purchased at 4:20 PM on 4/20/07 :)
Old 05-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #105
JASONN23
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48640
What I Drive: 2005 black zx4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 JASONN23 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
it is definitly a step up, im just curious if they are going to offer one with the navi and stuff like the edge has, sync is cool but go navi! haha and im really glad they decided to get rid of the RC car antenna... nice but im not going to run out and buy one. go ford!
MORE TO COME!! Team DURATEC #132
Why is it all for the zetec/hatchbacks?????
Old 05-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #106
ryanevans
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23619
What I Drive: 2005 red/black zx3

FF Reputation: 1 ryanevans Good Standing Member
i like the front end a wee bit better, I would like to see some different grille options
Old 05-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #107
gaery85
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53791
What I Drive: 2000 VW GTI VR6 !!

FF Reputation: 1 gaery85 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Whoa.. USB, 2 Power outlet, plus Microsoft Sync.. Those are valid proof that technology is invading our cars! =)
- Yokohama parada Spec II Performance tires
- Roush cat-back Exhaust & Magnaflow Resonator
Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #108
Zorin01
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55692
What I Drive: 2008 Vapor silver SE focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Zorin01 Good Standing Member
They can't lower it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodan23 View Post
I think some people are not giving Ford enough credit, remember that it is only a quick refresh and it has basically an SVT bumper that we all love and the EAP's we all love. They can't lower it because some people can not deal with a lowered vehicle and it apparently has a nicer sounding exhaust. They got rid of the chrome front and chrome side moldings. Ford literally did exactly what everyone wanted. this is a VERY good sign and remember there is a completely redesigned euro focus coming out in the next few years so why would they sink tons of money into a complete redesign after one year? Congrats Ford this REALLY helps the look of the new focus coupe. I love it!
Also, Ford couldn't lower the car becuase there are some people that cannot park a lowered car correctly. People would be tearing up the front bumber like it wasn't nothing.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #109
dubalicious
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33589
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, I call her Vera.

FF Reputation: 2 dubalicious Good Standing Member
I'd still rather have bird flu.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:47 PM   #110
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodan23 View Post
Have to agree. As much as I have not warmed up to the new Focus, this does make it look better. You have to give Ford credit for actually doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING, to make the car look better. They took a sound beating in the automotive press for the weird styling of the car (yes, '08 owners, styling is subjective, don't get upset) and took some measures to please the critics. For those who said it's not impressive or not enough, what did you expect? With the Euro Focus hopefully right around the corner for North America, how much money would they possibly invest in a design that was only meant to be around as a stopgap in the first place?

The only thing I would criticize perhaps is that the inclusion of the SVT wheels highlights how badly the car needs a drop and even bigger wheels, they look lost in that wheel opening.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->