Hey Fellas!!! Been awhile!!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM

Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Desert areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-12-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
Trav-E2.0
Thread Killer

Fan#: 8331
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 6 Trav-E2.0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Hey Fellas!!! Been awhile!!!

Sup guys! Been awhile since I've been on, so I figured I'd give yall a heads up with whats been happening!

I finaly just got a job working with Frito Lay as a Route Sales Rep. Going out and stacking chips basically and getting paid more to do so w00t!!! I had to jump through a million hoops to get this job! I had a first interview with over 30 cats there, then had a route ride along with one of the seniors, then had a second one on one interview, then had to go and wait 5 hours to take my physical and drug test. I didn't get everything said and done untill just this Friday after a month and a half of the hoops...lol I quit Vortex Friday and they in more or less ways gave me the boot then and there. I told them 2 weeks and they ask me if I could start my new job on Monday, cause regaurdless my last day was Friday. Nice huh?

So I had my first day today sitting in a confrence room with 10 others finding out all the good PepsiCo is going to give me and it is FANTASTIC!!! Pension, stock options, 401k, the works . Tomarrow they are taking us out to a couple of stores to see the product on the shelfs, then out to Casa Grand to the manufacturing plant to see chips getting made, and then out to TGIFridays for dinner inside the DBacks stadium and watching the game .

Fun things are to come with this job

The only reason why I havn't really been on FF in a while is cause I couldn't bring myself to doing so. Not cause I don't like it here, but cause I couldn't afford to have my mind wander about having the coooooolest Fofo in AZ and not being able to buy the parts for it cause I am poor... LOL Also, be bummed that I can't go out to any of the awesome fun days that happens around here. I feel shitty that I miss the going away party for Kev!

Soon, I'll be out and about again. Hell, with the Gov check coming in in July, I need a new clutch/fly assy and could use some help .

Now that some of the worse is over, I'll be checking in on FF everyday again cause I miss the holy hell out j00 guys .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
SYZ
FocusFreak

Fan#: 31122
What I Drive: toxic waste

FF Reputation: 106 SYZ Excellent Standing MemberSYZ Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
congrats on the new job dude. Sounds promising. Good luck w/ it.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Great news and a Big Congrats Travis.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
Trav-E2.0
Thread Killer

Thanks guys, all in all I got a $3 hr pay increase for just training and then once thats up I should be at around $800-$900 a week for being a swing shift. Swing, I take the routes that the regular driver has off and then one day on a open route. After I prove my worth and people move up, I get my own route where I can be making $1000-$1100 a week after tax. JOY!!!

The only problems that I see that can take a while to learn are the hours (1am-whenever I'm done), learning the handset for taking orders and the routine of chip stacking. All come with time of course .

I see only good things so far with this company. I mean, PepsiCo didn't come as far as they have and make $32 Billion dollars last year by treating there employees like crap...lol
Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
Trav-E2.0
Thread Killer

Maybe we need to do a small thing or 2 for celebration !
Old 05-13-2008, 12:17 AM   #6
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing MemberSquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I need your car asap!! You can take mine for the day, full tank. Klondikes C-pillars are done like today or tomorrow. We had to change shape because of a fitment issue. You already pretty much know what I'm going to do with it.

pphhhewewwww,

now,

congrats on the new job. My boy used to deliver and they made bank, weird hours yes but bank.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:55 AM   #7
ShamrockSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 47719
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Fiesta SE

FF Reputation: 72 ShamrockSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Good to see you back around homie! Thats a phat job, from everyhting I've heard, other than the screwed up hours. Good for you.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
G1515
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35516
What I Drive: SOLD Focus! 2014 Deep Blue Mazda3

FF Reputation: 1 G1515 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Congrats on the job Travis. Yes, PepsiCo is a good co. to work for. You can have a career instead of just a job.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:24 AM   #9
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
congrats man, that is one job you can have for the rest of your life! with great pay too
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #10
Trav-E2.0
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquillyB View Post
I need your car asap!! You can take mine for the day, full tank. Klondikes C-pillars are done like today or tomorrow. We had to change shape because of a fitment issue. You already pretty much know what I'm going to do with it.

pphhhewewwww,

now,

congrats on the new job. My boy used to deliver and they made bank, weird hours yes but bank.
Thanks man!

Dude, I gave you a couple calls and threw you a PM no answer...lol What happend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock13 View Post
Good to see you back around homie! Thats a phat job, from everyhting I've heard, other than the screwed up hours. Good for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1515 View Post
Congrats on the job Travis. Yes, PepsiCo is a good co. to work for. You can have a career instead of just a job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusman6297 View Post
congrats man, that is one job you can have for the rest of your life! with great pay too
Thanks guys!

Dude this job is kicking my ass...lol Through out my training I've been having to go to work at some WEIRD hours man! I've been starting a couple days at 4:30am, then 3:00am, then 12:30am, back to 1am, etc. I get home I crash! I mean shit, I just got home from a 9 hour shift (which is my shortest shift thus far ). For right now I have Sun. and Mon. off. I have no idea when they'll change it again.

Job is cake though. My trainer is telling me that I have a HUGE future with Frito cause I've picked this up so fast. He keeps saying that I have great people skills, a great work ethic and great marketing skills! All I'm doing is stocking chips...lol Tuesday I'm going to a meeting they are having to tell everyone about "self promotion". Basically at any given point I can move myself up to a manager spot if I can show the higher ups that I can do it with a presentation and tell them how I can make the company better with me being a higher up . On my day 19 (Friday, June 13th ) they throw me under the bus and cut me loose on a route by myself to show them what I've learned. They expect me to take no sooner than 14-15 hours that day and I believe it!

I guess I spoke too soon about the worst being over !

Bookmarks & Social Networks