Bad Business - Besthaticouldo - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
jrgtrain
Focus Addict

Fan#: 29105
What I Drive: 2000 Dirt Brown Kona ZX3

Points 5,206, Level 46
Points: 5,206, Level: 46 Points: 5,206, Level: 46 Points: 5,206, Level: 46
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 jrgtrain Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Bad Business - Besthaticouldo

HELLO Focus Fanatics. I am Gil, a previous friend of Derrick, a.k.a. besthaticouldo. I am writing this thread to all new people who do not know him and to any of his current friends.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BESTHATICOULDO

A few months ago, let's call it approximately August, 2007. Derrick put the svt header on his car. When he did this, his stock power steering line blew. I had an svt power steering line and dipstick because I too was going to put the header on my car. He calls me and asked if I still had the parts. I said yes.

He wanted them because he fried his power steering line and he did not have the svt dipstick. I told him i needed them because after I smogged my car i was going to do the conversion. He said he would replace the parts. He even went so far as to say he would buy new parts for me from mike at Hillbish Ford because mike 'hooks it up".

I said okay. I said, replace them as soon as you can but no rush. Remember, this was approximately August. December rolls around. I ask him how soon till I get my parts replaced. He said he should be able to do it before the end of the month. I tell him awesome. I had not done my smog check yet but I wanted to have all the parts ready to go.

He contacts me and says "some stuff" has come up and he can't do it before the end of December. I say cool, let's shoot for next month............

So, next month comes and goes.... NO PARTS.

I end up getting my car smogged and asking him for the parts again. It is about February now. He says, more stuff is wrong with the turtle and he needs to drop some big money on it. He doesn't get a tax return, he has to pay a large amount to the I.R.S. instead. Blah, Blah, Blah.

So, I finally decide to do the conversion in April of 2008. I didn't move the power steering line out of the way properly. I thought I did. My mistake.

So, I contact Derrick and let him know what happened. I told him I really need the parts now because I do not want to damage my power steering pump. He gives me the whole "no money" story and says I have to wait until April 15th because that is when he gets paid next. He says that is "thebesthathecouldo". Ironic? NO!

This jerk calls Hillbish, orders the parts then cancels the order because he found a "better deal". How do I know this? Because I called Hillbish Ford to find out what happened to my parts. We all know Mike is AWESOME and takes care of us fanatics. I spoke to a co-worker of Mike's and he says the order was placed but it looks like it is on some kind of hold. The hold is actually Derrick cancelling the order.

I never asked for new parts, Derrick put it out there. I just wanted my parts A.S.A.P.

So, I see a thread today about Derrick's new ST170's. I think to myself.....What an A**HOLE!!! In the past few months, Derrick managed to pick up a super charger(that he had to sell, hahaha) and an Eibach coil over suspension. How did he pay for it????? WHO CARES!!!!! He can get stuff for himself but isn't responsible enough to replace someones parts. He is immature, irresponsible and pathetic.

By the way, we are only talking about $130 total out of pocket if he goes through hillbish Ford.

So, I hit him up about the lights, the charger and the suspension he got and I still don't have my parts. He tells me, "you don't know how I got the parts or how I paid for them, buy your own parts, I am done". I tell him to take my parts off his car and give them back to me. He says, "Uh no".

In conclusion, as a warning, I would recommend NOT doing business with BESTHATICOULDO, A.K.A. DERRICK. You might get the shaft like I did. I am sure there are plenty of people on this site and on fj who can back me up.

That is all my venting for today, thanks for listening.

GIL

Straight lines are for fast cars...Turns are for fast drivers
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Get ready for this thread to be locked...or at least besthaticouldo to come retaliate. But if what you say is true thats kinda F'ed up. But at the same time never do what you did ever again, shouldn't of done that in the first place. I never loan money to people, cause I know I won't get it back immediatly or anytime soon. Unless they are like your really really close friends...don't give them anything.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
TKE_Quailman
FF God of South FL

Fan#: 44442
What I Drive: 07 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 35 TKE_Quailman Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Thread Soon to be locked im sure but i will wait for his response before i pass judgment
Last of the Hatches #1
XBOX LIVE:TKE428
GIVE REP POINTS IF IM HELPFUL
Old 05-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
zx505focus
AKA KILLA XB

Fan#: 44497
What I Drive: 2010 Scion XB RS7

FF Reputation: 44 zx505focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
god, another one
Old 05-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
jrgtrain
Focus Addict

Points 5,206, Level 46
Level Up 28% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
I agree. This was definitely a learning experience. How to get shafted 101.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
WUGcatsvt
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Double
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 05-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
WUGcatsvt
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Get ready for this thread to be locked...or at least besthaticouldo to come retaliate. But if what you say is true thats kinda F'ed up. But at the same time never do what you did ever again, shouldn't of done that in the first place. I never loan money to people, cause I know I won't get it back immediatly or anytime soon. Unless they are like your really really close friends...don't give them anything.
TRUE THAT
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 05-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
jrgtrain
Focus Addict

Points 5,206, Level 46
Level Up 28% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
We were actually friends for a lil over a year until he did this crap.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13348
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
why lock this thread? this is a good learning experience for people that actually have a heart and try to help others. i personally wouldnt do anything like this but there are good people still left in this world and it looks like another one just got shafted. sorry to hear this dude. i sure wont be doing any business with him. reguardless on how he got his other parts you should have came before them just on the count that you helped him when he needed it. thats my 2 cents. but theres alot of con artists in the world and this is why the world is going to hell in a hand basket more day by day. but just hang in there because one thing ive learned is karma is a bitch.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 05-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #10
Spinal
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45687
What I Drive: 2007, Vermillion Red, ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 29 Spinal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
well if he actually does owe u that stuff, and he got the lights and suspension he doesn't have much of a defense lol.
Last Of The Hatches #44
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.