*STREET* '08 Focus S vs. New Civic Coupe & '08 Lancer GTS - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
Arkaign
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53519
What I Drive: 2008 Red Focus Coupe 5Spd

FF Reputation: 3 Arkaign Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
*STREET* '08 Focus S vs. New Civic Coupe & '08 Lancer GTS

Well, an interesting weekend to be sure :

Ran across two competitors, and found out something very interesting along the way as well. My bro-in-law was with me for both of these

Encounter 1 : New Gen Civic Coupe.

Driving home Monday afternoon, I was cruising along up towards a red light, and it was about the turn green, so I just rolled along and then took off pretty quick but not even near full throttle as the light turned green. Lo and behold, I hear something downshift and buzz by, a current-gen Civic Coupe. It was a classic ricer flyby kinda thing, guy speeding over the limit to show off his car lol. Anyway, about a 1/2 mile up, he gets caught at a light, and I pull up just as the cross-street signal is turning yellow, so we have just a second. I rev the motor at him and he revs back and pops his tires at me. I think 'sweet', he's got a manual too, let's see what happens. I launch a little too aggressively, maybe 3500rpm or so, and I can barely hear his little chirp from all the screaming from my FR tire, but it bites hard after about a 1/2 second or so, and by the time I'm across the intersection I got him by almost a car. I hear him revving that Honda to the clouds, but it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast. By the 1-2 shift, he's a car back, and as I reach the end of 2nd, I back off as it's just way over, huge win for FoFo. He slinks by in the right lane and pulls off, but does smile at us and give a thumbsup before departing. Pretty good showing overall, and I do like the look of the Civic, it's got a great stance and shape.

Encounter 2 : '08 Lancer GTS.

This was really interesting. I was sitting at a light and listening to some music and all of a sudden I hear a 'brarrrr' .. sounded pretty sweet, and a new Lancer GTS pulls up to my right. He's revving his motor, and it sounds really sweet. Tommy rolls down my passenger window, and we ask him what he's done, he says 'Intake and exhaust', what're you driving there? We say 'Focus!'. He gives us a weird smile and revs his awesome-sounding motor again. I hold the clutch, spool 3 grand, and the light turns green. Bam my stock Hankook tires are barking and clawing at the pavement, and I get this nice little shimmy to the right before it digs in and jumps off, and it's neck and neck through the intersection. By the moment right before I shift into 2nd, I'm nosing ahead, but it's really slight, and then I do the 1-2 shift at lighting speed. I must have done that shift faster, because about at that moment, he dropped to about a door length back, and as we both floor it through 2nd, he just ever so slowly fades back. I reach for the 2-3 shift, and at the same time I'm thinking, I've gotta back off, don't wanna speed, besides it's already a 'W' for the FoFo. Well, this thought process must have borked my concentration, because although I shift it perfectly, I do so with a sloppy hand movement, and then I ease off. We pull up to the 2nd light, and he's asking us 'WHAT did you do to that Focus? NOS, Brah?' Funny stuff. Anyway, we burn off for another run, but this time it's different, we're dead even all through 1st, but in 2nd, he ever so slowly walks away, to about a 1/2 car lead at the 2-3 shift before we back off. 3rd red light. Same thing happens, and as I back off, I look down at my console and see something that makes me and Tommy both laugh our asses off. On the 2-3 shift on the first race, my sloppy hand movement slapped the Max A/C button. Now this I found really interesting, because I had heard that A/C is disengaged at WOT / Wide Open Throttle. I can now safely attest that it DOES still make a difference. And whatever % difference it is, it's the make or break between slowly walking a slightly modded Lancer GTS, and it slightly walking you.

Anyhow, good times, and another good showing for the FoFo.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
killer ZETEC
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
lol. that is great. i got my moms vermillion coupe up into the triple digits againt an ser (one of the newer ones.) and he jsut kinda fell back the duratec is a great drag motor...
will it run soon?? who knows.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hmmmmnnn... I walk Lancers like there parked with the tank on!! Wouldn't have even been close if you had nitrous.

here's 4 cars on one of em'by half track !!!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
Arkaign
Focus Enthusiast

NOS :) I'm afraid of that stuff, but that thing moves!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
re-think that, no worries bro, just do it!!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
fishbone
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52644
What I Drive: Legacy GT, Mini Cooper S

FF Reputation: 3 fishbone Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Most guy Lancer drivers are retarded, from my personal experience. They forget that they don't drive EVOs. I've killed two so far in my Legacy GT, passed them like they were tied to a tree. Both were cocky and actually instigated both races, totally confident they'd win. One of them had his girl with him, wouldn't even look my way when he caught me up at a red light.
Good wins, Arakign. And as for the NOS question ... retarted.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

I dropped almost three seconds in the quarter for $600....retarted??? LMAO @ retarted
Old 05-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
Arkaign
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquillyB View Post
I dropped almost three seconds in the quarter for $600....retarted??? LMAO @ retarted
That's not what he meant. He was referring to the ricer in the Lancer asking me if I used NOS to beat him on that first run. That WAS a retarded question. He wasn't saying that NOS itself is retarded. At least that's how I read it.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
fishbone
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52644
What I Drive: Legacy GT, Mini Cooper S

FF Reputation: 3 fishbone Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Yep, that's how I meant it. I wasn't even aware that you are juiced. The simple assumption that "NOS" would only put the distance that you did NA is retarded. Also retarded is the fact that he called it NOS. NOS is a company. What he was referring to is nitrous, but people that live their life one Paul Walker movie at a time wouldn't know this. ALSO retarded is that every time an idiot like that gets his ass handed to him it quickly becomes a "what have you done" or "NOS" question. How about "nothing, your crap just ain't that fast"? That's usually my comeback.
If you were to spray on his ass, and it's obvious you didn't even have to, you'd have put buslengths on him.

SquillyB, you're running 12s in the quarter? Impressive. So is it a NOS kit or nitrous? ;)
Old 05-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #10
Arkaign
Focus Enthusiast

lol I'm jealous, how's that Legacy? I used to have a Subaru Loyale long long ago. Fun little car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.