FocusSport is having a "reveal" event for the 2009 Focus on 5-17-08! - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #31
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
o be happy with what you have...
Like I said, most likely the differences won't be major and you'll be able to swap out parts...with alittle bit of money. Yea, I havent seen any coupes on the road, A couple of sedans but thats about it. Maybe Ford should of kept the hatch....

Arkaign, I get what your saying, thats what I meant by this leads to alot of questions, cause it doesnt make sense to me either. Rumor is we are also suppose to get the new fiesta in '09 or '10. I wonder if ford racing plans on doing anything with that.

But thank you Tom for clarifying that they actually are asking about us and this forum. Makes me have some hope for ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #32
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing MemberEgz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Its been a few weeks since we've talked, but I remember him mentioning that the coupes make up a very small percentage of sales and they are hoping to increase that number with this new design.
Makes sense. No offense to anyone, but what does the coupe offer over the sedan other than the visual apperance of 2 less doors? With the hatch, you gained practicality, which made for a good balance of 4-door sedan. If the coupe went for a sportier image with more power or better handling, then it would have something different from the sedan. But as it stands for 2008, I see no reason to buy a coupe over a sedan.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #33
Arkaign
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53519
What I Drive: 2008 Red Focus Coupe 5Spd

FF Reputation: 3 Arkaign Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egz View Post
Makes sense. No offense to anyone, but what does the coupe offer over the sedan other than the visual apperance of 2 less doors? With the hatch, you gained practicality, which made for a good balance of 4-door sedan. If the coupe went for a sportier image with more power or better handling, then it would have something different from the sedan. But as it stands for 2008, I see no reason to buy a coupe over a sedan.
There are some minor reasons, and some minor drawbacks.

Pros :

(1)- Slightly lighter (I guess less material necessary, windows, locks, reinforcements, frame mounting, etc)

(2)- Larger doors for the front 2 seats, extremely easy to get in and out of.

(3)- Can yank the backseat for a severe makeover (replace with CF/Audio gear/roll cage/popcorn maker/etc) without looking as crazy as yanking the rear seats out of a 4 door.

Cons :

(1)- Seatbelt position for the front two seats is awkward, you have to reach behind your shoulder to grab and pull it. Not a big deal, but definitely noticable.

(2)- Not as handy on the occasion that you're giving more people a ride.

(3)- Less storage space than an equivalent hatch would give.

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #34
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Hopefully one of the makeover items on the list is the rediculous fender grills, and the fog lights that don't go with anything else on the car. Make it look sportier too...please lol. Oh and more power lol...make an ST version...yea I know, I'm asking for alot haha. Doesnt even matter though cause I'm not gonna by one lol
Old 05-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #35
Arkaign
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53519
What I Drive: 2008 Red Focus Coupe 5Spd

FF Reputation: 3 Arkaign Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Hopefully one of the makeover items on the list is the rediculous fender grills, and the fog lights that don't go with anything else on the car. Make it look sportier too...please lol. Oh and more power lol...make an ST version...yea I know, I'm asking for alot haha. Doesnt even matter though cause I'm not gonna by one lol
LoL I got the 'S' because I didn't want the fender chrome things. I don't have foggies either. Sportier, have you seen the special Foci? :) There are some sweet ones out there!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #36
karguy427
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32830
What I Drive: 2006 Chevy HHR 2LT

FF Reputation: 15 karguy427 Great Standing Member
Just loking in my crystal ball......

Here's what you'll probably be seeing for the '09 model year:

-- "Sport Appearance Package" with front air dam, rear lip spoiler, possibly some side skirts. Different grill? (not sure on this one) Might dress up the interior a bit with some contrasting color seat inserts. Deletion of chrome side vent. Would come with the regular 16" alloys. Package price - around $1,800

-- New 17" alloy wheel option

-- Lower diffuser for rear bumper cover, with sport exhaust tips - maybe. Might even be included with the SAP.
For hints as to what they might do, take a look at the "Sport Appearance Package" they now offer on the Fusion.

It would be nice if they could throw the 2.3 back in there, but from what I hear, the Fusion is taking all the production capacity for it.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #37
Brindfan
Infidel

Fan#: 48126
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 25 Brindfan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Nice, I spoke to Sam recently and the changes only apply to the Focus Coupe and not the sedan. Supposedly one or two of the designers from the Mustang team had a hand in redesigning the Focus Coupe.
<wishful thinking>Yeah, suddenly for '09, the Coupe is going to become a Hatch!</wishful thinking>
Team Duratec #58 L.O.T.H. #40 B.T.T.C. #3
ATX Faction #37 Rocky Mtn. Crew #3
Old 05-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #38
SALEEN_N2O
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 51865
What I Drive: MARINES!

FF Reputation: 33 SALEEN_N2O Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
man i wish i was closer!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #39
Mr.Bergner
coffee, have some

Fan#: 32799
What I Drive: 2004 TW Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 53 Mr.Bergner Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Oh there will be tonz of photos!
Hatch Nation #29_____________________________________________________________________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
Old 05-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #40
silveib
Focus Addict

Fan#: 47255
What I Drive: 2004 black ZX3

FF Reputation: 26 silveib Great Standing Member
i am really interested in seeing what they do with this!

Bookmarks & Social Networks