FocusSport is having a "reveal" event for the 2009 Focus on 5-17-08! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #21
DURATECoftheDesert
Subcompact Fanatic

Fan#: 43017
What I Drive: 1997 Ford Aspire White

FF Reputation: 9 DURATECoftheDesert Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dude I wish I could go..... But every good event that I want to go to is always in central america .

But there is a focussport in anaheim and a steedafocus in rancho cocamunga (spelling fart)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #22
PumkinSvt
Dat Bewst Life!!

Fan#: 46561
What I Drive: 10 Forte DD,Comp SVTF

FF Reputation: 28 PumkinSvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (32)
its gona be in anaheim!! so you should go!!!

HKS||Garrett||TopSpeed||Tial||Massive||
Old 05-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #23
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing MemberEgz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Yup, you have the FocusSport Reveal

Last edited by goinloco1; 05-15-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #24
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
So...I wonder if all the 08 owners are going to be kicking themselves in a couple of weeks when they see the new 09 coupe design lol. I'm sure some of them will be alittle annoyed they didnt wait, but its probably nothing too crazy and the parts could probably be swapped out if you really wanted it. Now wait, reveal at Focus Sport...and at our FocusFest?????????????

Could this mean that Ford is now actually listening to our community and other Focus enthusiats. This is all really really really great news. If no one has checked it out yet, take a look at the FRPP Mustang thread that someone just posted. Supposly from the mouth of a rep at Ford Racing said that the MKII will be coming to the states in late 2009. This is all great news, but certainly raises many many questions, as if all these different things are true, we will be seeing a lot of changes to our beloved focus in a short time span....09 Focus coupe facelift/Late 09 MkII/ then 2010 MKIII. Kinda crazy if you ask me lol and very ballsy on Fords part.

Oh and if we do get the MKII, it'll be coming aroud right when its time for me to get a new car. And especially if we get a performance version like the ST and double especially if it looks like the new facelifted ones(god they are gorgeous) then its definilty being add to my next car list and a good chance I'll be in another focus again.

I'm excited....is anyone else?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #25
Arkaign
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53519
What I Drive: 2008 Red Focus Coupe 5Spd

FF Reputation: 3 Arkaign Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
So...I wonder if all the 08 owners are going to be kicking themselves in a couple of weeks when they see the new 09 coupe design lol. I'm sure some of them will be alittle annoyed they didnt wait, but its probably nothing too crazy and the parts could probably be swapped out if you really wanted it. Now wait, reveal at Focus Sport...and at our FocusFest?????????????

Could this mean that Ford is now actually listening to our community and other Focus enthusiats. This is all really really really great news. If no one has checked it out yet, take a look at the FRPP Mustang thread that someone just posted. Supposly from the mouth of a rep at Ford Racing said that the MKII will be coming to the states in late 2009. This is all great news, but certainly raises many many questions, as if all these different things are true, we will be seeing a lot of changes to our beloved focus in a short time span....09 Focus coupe facelift/Late 09 MkII/ then 2010 MKIII. Kinda crazy if you ask me lol and very ballsy on Fords part.

Oh and if we do get the MKII, it'll be coming aroud right when its time for me to get a new car. And especially if we get a performance version like the ST and double especially if it looks like the new facelifted ones(god they are gorgeous) then its definilty being add to my next car list and a good chance I'll be in another focus again.

I'm excited....is anyone else?
(1)- The 09 refresh is probably minor exterior tweaks, or perhaps a new trim package at most. Looking at the Steeda Focus and the like, there are some good simple things they can do that can make it look nicer.

(2)- Given the high sales numbers for '08s, I seriously doubt Ford is going to retool for a new model so soon. Slight refresh, yes, but mark my words, the earliest we'll see C1 Foci stateside might be for the '10 model year, and that's even pushing it. It all depends on sales in the end.

(3)- A possibility might be a limited run of C1 Foci as the ST/Performance model for late '09 model year, but it would be near impossible to expect them to replace a rapidly-selling profitable model so quickly. It just doesn't make business sense, no matter what we think. Offering a high-end C1 model would satiate the enthusiast crowd without breaking the bank on the bread-and-butter profitable models.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #26
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaign
but it would be near impossible to expect them to replace a rapidly-selling profitable model so quickly.
Actually the coupe isn't selling as well as Ford had expected and this is the main reason for the quick restyling. Sam from Ford even asked us if we were getting more members with coupes or sedans coming onto the forum to see what our demographics are buying. From our data we are getting more sedan owners than coupes.

Its been a few weeks since we've talked, but I remember him mentioning that the coupes make up a very small percentage of sales and they are hoping to increase that number with this new design.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #27
Mikeydeno
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50920
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Fusion SE Ecoboost

FF Reputation: 1 Mikeydeno Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I
am
livid
Old 05-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #28
Arkaign
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53519
What I Drive: 2008 Red Focus Coupe 5Spd

FF Reputation: 3 Arkaign Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Actually the coupe isn't selling as well as Ford had expected and this is the main reason for the quick restyling. Sam from Ford even asked us if we were getting more members with coupes or sedans coming onto the forum to see what our demographics are buying. From our data we are getting more sedan owners than coupes.

Its been a few weeks since we've talked, but I remember him mentioning that the coupes make up a very small percentage of sales and they are hoping to increase that number with this new design.
Sounds good :) Given the amount of money that it costs to retool/etc, I'm guessing cosmetic touches here and there. I've seen several coupes and maybe a dozen sedans out there.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #29
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Memberbesthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeydeno View Post
I
am
livid

o be happy with what you have...
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #30
Mr.Bergner
coffee, have some

Fan#: 32799
What I Drive: 2004 TW Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 53 Mr.Bergner Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I have yet to see a Focus coupe in person driving down the road, and I live in a huge Ford area where I see SVT, Roush's and Saleen's of all kinds all day long.
Hatch Nation #29_____________________________________________________________________________ _ _ _ _ _ _

Bookmarks & Social Networks