NeoGen air pressure - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #11
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

Points 5,488, Level 47
Points: 5,488, Level: 47 Points: 5,488, Level: 47 Points: 5,488, Level: 47
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurvfocus View Post
I've been tampering with the shock settings and seeing a drastic improvement. I set them hard in the back and soft in front (they were half-hard all the way around). So when I run next time I'll play around adjusting in small increments. In the meantime, you guys seem to be in substantial agreement on the pressures; I'll go with them.

Thanks for your help.

btw- I've got to travel for ??? long. So if there are any more thoughts, I'm not ignoring you, I'll respond as soon as I return.
I think your on the right track now I more spring and rebound in the rear will help with rotation. Also I would try running a higher tire pressure in the rear then the front this will also add some more rotation.

Wonder what the Koni spring rates are?

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #12
Blurvfocus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 15299
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Wine Cooled Eng.

FF Reputation: 54 Blurvfocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The rotation thing- for as much as the front tires are being ripped apart, the rears look pristine, with no evidence of even rolling under. These look like grandma's tires. That's not right, is it? If rotation is happening, then shouldn't I see at least a little evidence of it in the form of rear tire wear?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #13
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23692
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
You should see at least a little evidence of tire scrub on the rears.

At your next event, talk to some of the more advance FWD drivers and see if one of them will take your car for a lap or two and give you some feedback on your setup (With you riding along of course). At the same time, you can see how your car behaves with a more experienced autocrosser at the wheel.

If you're not comfortable with someone else driving your car, get one of these guys to ride along with you and critique your driving.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #14
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^Good suggestion.

By all means, the fronts take about 80% of the abuse on an AutoCross course.
With that in mind, I rotate my AC tires each event to get more even wear.

As I mentioned earlier...
The sooner you burn through those NeoGens the sooner you'll get some better tires on there.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #15
Blurvfocus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 15299
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Wine Cooled Eng.

FF Reputation: 54 Blurvfocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^^ Ok then, so I figured I have to have 45 up front to keep the tires from rolling under, that's a given, and the back has to be equally hard to loosen it and neutralize the understeer. I went with 45 front, 43 back, and the shocks full soft front, half hard back. After 2 runs, it seemed really good. Later, for other reasons, I had an instructor drive the car (he litterly shook the change out of my pockets- wow!) The topic of the car never came up, we were concerned with tecnique, etc, but as he walked away, he said, "By the way, that thing is set up beautyfully." So- Problem over! Thanks to everybody for your help!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #16
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23692
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I'm glad we could help. Sounds like things are coming nicely. Enjoy the rest of the season!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.