Klondike's Build Thread: - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #61
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
so if i get the kicks as well, i should get a 30 watt rms 2 channel amp for the speakers? or can you run a 300 watt in 1 channel? im guessing then you cant adjust the frequency for each speaker then, just as a whole?
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #62
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing MemberSquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Listen and watch in my vehicle with a similar setup. As I move the camera phone you can hear the sound stage change. You can actually hear the mid bass change as I lean away from the seat towards the dash. I move to a point where almost all the mids are gone then they come back in as I pass that area in the car and the front drivers are picked up near your feet!!

Often not enough care is taken to aim these properly. When I have the vehicle with me hear to work on the effects are dramatic indeed as you can hear once all the staging of the physical components is done.The pin point accuracy that these speakers are capable of is amazing.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #63
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing MemberSquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
so if i get the kicks as well, i should get a 30 watt rms 2 channel amp for the speakers? or can you run a 300 watt in 1 channel? im guessing then you cant adjust the frequency for each speaker then, just as a whole?
You can tune individually with products like the RF 360.1 and 360.2 as well as JL's clean sweep. Seperate tuning for individual speakers is pretty crazy. The RF 360.2 is my drug of choice for doing this. I have tuned many a car from other shops installs using these and its incredible. Takes me about a day of being in the car, maybe 6-8 hrs of actual listening and RTA work with the O-scope.

If you were to purchase the amp that was powering the speakers in the videos, it's a RF T4004. You can tune seperate front and rear channels as well as gains for both. These vid's are with gains at two diffrent levels, alicia keyes tunes were SQ pre amp matched and the tool and other stuff was more of a stereo tune for on stage listening. Also I only had it wired to run 100 watts RMS to each corner. You could run a bridged stereo mode and only lose your fade control on the HU. However you could still adjust the levels using the two gains. It would run just under 200 rms peak to them, double the sound at low to mid volumes meaning a much richer fuller sound.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #64
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

And now to upload the next step...

Fiberglassing the shape of the enclosure.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #65
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

This is gonna need a sticky when I'm done fo sho!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #66
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Ok I'm out of fiber cloth I thought I had some, so lets do some shopping shall we?

Off to Lowes...
Old 04-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #67
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
this looks sick! be sure to do the how-to asap! I want to make those trim panels black/wrapped with something, as well as add tweeters!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #68
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquillyB View Post
Ok I'm out of fiber cloth I thought I had some, so lets do some shopping shall we?

Off to Lowes...
...and let us know what type of cloth you used!

...and are you using spray adhesive for the cloth? I'm sure Lowes/Home Depot or Jo Ann fabrics has that stuff, right?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #69
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

The how to is happening around you. This whole thread will be edited down once I'm done or should I say organized.

As far as the cloth goes, any kind will work, just not to thick please. I use the Elmers fiber cloth because I've had good times with it.

It's in this section^^^
Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 PM   #70
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Ok, I hated the little tweet I made, luckily it was only the mock version. After stretching the cloth over it a few ways it looked bad, so I killed it.

In exchange for this...

Same thing only different. Start by cutting a hole that fits the tweet all the way through, then cut out the hole in the shape of a square.
Round off all flat edges so everything is smooth, this will give you a cleaner looking line when fiberglassing. And its far easier to fill and smooth with bondo when its a round edge as opposed to a sharp flat one.

Bookmarks & Social Networks