Klondike's Build Thread: - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #51
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,134, Level 100
Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
no, no one else may have this, i want a 1 ofa kind peice, other then billy id be the only one!!!!

also i just watched all them videos, and my ears are scared for their life right now lol, i hope they sound good with my rock music, not a big rap fan, cant wait to jam some acdc with this setup, ddef rumble the shit outta my car right now lol
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #52
FocusedEnergy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48574
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Gray ZX4SE

FF Reputation: 3 FocusedEnergy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
no, no one else may have this, i want a 1 ofa kind peice, other then billy id be the only one!!!!

also i just watched all them videos, and my ears are scared for their life right now lol, i hope they sound good with my rock music, not a big rap fan, cant wait to jam some acdc with this setup, ddef rumble the shit outta my car right now lol
^^
Well, if Billy's giving a how-to on this subject, you can't be guaranteed that others won't actually use it!
Your ears will be fine, Billy is the one who pointed me in the right direction in setting up my system (won't be as good as yours, but it's still pretty hoss). My friend who has had ear damage when he was young complained about the volume level of the subs in my previous setup; now with the new setup the bass is three times as loud, using only half the gain I was putting on before, and doesn't bother him at all anymore.

.... you'll like the Makers Whisky, smooth and tasty! Pics or it didn't happen seconded.
SEDAN REVOLUTION #51
The tighter the budget, the slower the mod progress. Estimated completion date: September 2057
Old 04-24-2008, 06:25 PM   #53
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member

You can fo sho hear that mid bass as my subs only play 60 Htz and below that bass is coming from the mid drivers. Listen inside at half of the previous volume. And I assure you its the shitty camera phone distorting, NOT the speakers.

The amazing part to me was that I could still hear them over this bass... this is in full dB drag mode. It's the car moving back and forth with the bass, not me moving, watch the background move with it.

Heres one with NO subs on just the 60's...

and then with the subs...watch the shake, you can tell that shits pounding some bass, yet you still hear all the mids and highs.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #54
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
And thank you, FocusedEnergy!! I'm glad I could help a fellow audiophile.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #55
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Oh yeah, Klondike, baby, ya know I gotta make the cash, the green backs, the squilla!! No two pieces can be the same as they are all hand made originals. I do every thing by eye as I go, no blue prints or plans to keep or go by. I personally think they always come out better in the end. Look at my C pillars, everyone said they would be off cause I eyeball stuff. When we measured to prove I was wrong, I was within an unmeasurable amount on a tape measure to dead nuts on at every angle.

Have no fear!!! I could make one for everyone on the site, yours are still the FIRST!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #56
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Remember those stand off's???

Lets use some...

Do a mock set up on a flat surface, which becomes your center so to speak. Its your refernece point from now on until your at the pillar itself.

Kinda like so. Now look at your sizes and in your head..."see" the piece your going to make.

And don't forget how your going to anchor it to the C-Pillar so you can stretch fiber cloth across it. I like to make little shims and custom pieces for every component piece. That way you can do a "light" mock up using thin CA glue and just tap it apart later for the real deal.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #57
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

This piece^^^ should be glued using the thicker CA glue. All in all it takes about 5-10 seconds to cure fully. I use a spray activater so it accelerates the process.

First sand your area where the glue will go to give it a nice rough surface to adhere to...

Just hold it for a second or two, then hit it with the accelerator spray...

you can never have enough here...

a couple drops of the "thin" ca glue...

spray accelerator on the ring itself. This pulls the glue into the wood grain on the other piece. So pulling from the shim to the ring. This is only the mock up on the piece so use it gently.

now for the ring...

hold it for a couple seconds...

a little of this...

and on to the next phase...
Old 04-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #58
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Now for the tweeters. Remember people, the tweeters "aim" all the sound. Placement here is essential to good sound from the rear. In a good sound stage its like a concert, the sound is in front of you. We need to make the sound travel up along the sides of the vehicle as high as we can without sacrificing the obvious show appearence we are going for. So mount the tweet above the mid right?

wrong! We need to mount the "mid" facing more towards the head of the people sitting in the back seat, which if they're not there it is the small of the back of the front seat passengers. Thus causing the larger waves to travel a little further so the listener is at the end of the sound wave hearing its full effect and tone. So the tweet is used to direct the sound of the higher mid bass and the tweet frequencies to two different areas. The Pro 60 tweeter crossover unit has a dB level you can adjust to help with the staging and imagery. So we are going to aim them along the plastic which will help reflect and disapate some of the linear sound movement. It will help the listener to hear the rear components as a perfect fill of the echoes in the back of the concert hall or when the amps are tuned in a more stereo application setting they will be hella loud!!! Moving the sound stage from in front of you to all around, like your on stage.

tweet ring with stand off attached using CA glue and accelerator.

for the placement and angle...

glue this into place using the same method as the ring do not go heavy on the glue here.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #59
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,134, Level 100
Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100 Points: 33,134, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
damn i looks like its gonna be nice, and billy im not worried about your crafstman ship at all i saw your cs and they look pretty good

im about to take a nap here, then off to bar, and if i had a camera id take it a do a dobule shot, but since my sister busted it i cant take pics, plus only have enough mullah for some pitchers and hot wings mmmm
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #60
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Now when a cymbol crash is heard it will be heard at or above ear level to the listener. We have aim the vocals which are a mid range frequency towards the center or sweet spot in the middle of the two front seats, and the mid bass, or lower range frequencies are aimed at the mid section to lower half of the two front seats.

Thus, when tuned properly, gives you:

hi notes such as cymbols crashes, flutes, stringed instruments as well are aimed above ear level to both front listners, and way above ear level for the rear listners so they don't get audio-fatigue that focusedenergy was describing his listners previously had.
Vocals at face level and above face.
Mid-bass at waist level or lower.
Add a 150 watt rms sub playing 50 Htz and below only and the stage is complete.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.