Want Bosch Platinum +4? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > South West Fanatics > Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM

Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Desert areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
robertn78
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49414
What I Drive: 2002 Red Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 3 robertn78 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Want Bosch Platinum +4?

Man, I messed up. I got a Screamin’ Demon and Wires and installed it. Then I gapped the plugs to .065” like it says in the manual. Man it had power. Since it is a new car to me, I wanted to install new plugs. So I got Bosch Platinum +4 from Checker at 6.99 each online plus shipping or 10.99 in-store and wait 14 days. I installed them and it felt like stock. I e-mailed the manufacture and they said they use gap-able plugs to take advantage of a wider spark of that gap. Since the +4’s are not gappable there is no advantage to them. They said “We use Autolite platinum plugs (gap-able) on all of our test vehicles.” These are only 3.99 at Checker.
Since they are used I’m sure Checker will not take them back. So here is what I want to do. If someone wants the +4s, I will trade for a set of Autolite platinum plugs. I will be at the meeting on Saturday. They have been in since Monday and will be 5 days old, about 40 miles.
Info
2002 Ford Focus ZTS 2.0 Zetec.
Autolite Ignition Spark Plug: Double Platinum; Price Is Per Spark Plug
Part Number: APP5364 – 3.99
Link for Autolite
http://www.partsamerica.com/productd...pe=960&PTSet=A
Link for Bosch (So you know I’m not lying about the price)
http://www.partsamerica.com/productd...pe=960&PTSet=A
Store will price match if not the same.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->