installing amp in factory radio - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
focus on focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 8078
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focus on focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
installing amp in factory radio

I want to install a amp and 2 subs in my 2004 ZX3 i have the blaupunkt mp3 player radio. where would i put seperate wires for my amp without interfering with my stock speakers??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2004, 12:47 PM   #2
DidHeFocus?
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1704
What I Drive: 2003.5 ZTW PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 DidHeFocus? Good Standing Member
What do you mean by "interfering" with the stock speakers?
Your stock radio has a low level sub out in the yellow connector in back.(check http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...&threadid=3037 for the wiring diagram) With a little work you can use that to feed your sub amp. Even if you use the speaker signals to the high level inputs on the amp, it won't interfere with the stock speakers. The amp you use will have instructions on how to wire it properly also.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
sa_pyro_ne
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1437
What I Drive: 2000 Ranger V6 4.0L 4x4 XLT Ext Cab

FF Reputation: 4 sa_pyro_ne Good Standing Member
you can do any of those or you can run a LOC (line out converter / line level converter), either one of those 3 ways should work ok.

- Scott

Bookmarks & Social Networks