He Blew My Doors Off!! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
turbovation
all grown up

Fan#: 29834
What I Drive: 2006 Toyota tacoma work truck

FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
reposted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #22
turbovation
all grown up

Fan#: 29834
What I Drive: 2006 Toyota tacoma work truck

FF Reputation: 7 turbovation Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzorelic View Post
that jeep will most likely eat you in the twisties as well. its AWD.
No way. AWD just means it will do well in snow and icy conditions and on launches.

I don't know if my last post made it up or not, but all I meant to say is that the SVTf is not fast. It's not fast at all actually. It posts good numbers in the slalom and it's superbly agile in the twisties or back country roads, and sure it will beat the doors off an EX honda civic. But fact of the matter is you're still only at 144WHP and most of that doesn't arrive in first gear until you're already at 40 miles per hour, so I'm not surprised at all.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #23
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13348
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbovation View Post
No way. AWD just means it will do well in snow and icy conditions and on launches.

I don't know if my last post made it up or not, but all I meant to say is that the SVTf is not fast. It's not fast at all actually. It posts good numbers in the slalom and it's superbly agile in the twisties or back country roads, and sure it will beat the doors off an EX honda civic. But fact of the matter is you're still only at 144WHP and most of that doesn't arrive in first gear until you're already at 40 miles per hour, so I'm not surprised at all.

im sure the awd will help at pikes peak or any auto-x track. theres no way awd only does good in icy conditions and doesnt do squat for the twisties. thats crap. im telling you if you think im wrong find a srt-8, challenge him to 3-5 laps, and make sure you video it. by the time you both get to the first corner you will be a good margin behind him and i doubt you will pass him even tho your car does do a little better in the turns. it just is not gonna have the raw UMPH to pass the jeep. all he has to do is come out of the corner and stomp it and your gonna be getting smaller in his mirror. im not downing the svt i love mine but i wont be revving or smack talking to any srt-8 cherokees any time soon. they are a force to be reckoned with. yeah they weigh alot more but they have the torque, hp, brakes, suspension, and traction to back it up.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 03-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #24
killer ZETEC
GL1TCH

Fan#: 44757
What I Drive: advance trac french blue 03 zx3

FF Reputation: 42 killer ZETEC Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
i would love to take that jeep to a drift day. the awd would be screaming for mercy
will it run soon?? who knows.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #25
lduran
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18554
What I Drive: '02 ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 lduran Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Here are some videos I found of Jeep SRT8's in action. They seem pretty fast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epmGE--EtN0
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...GTS_155687.htm
http://lxforums.powertvonline.com/us...l.php?mId=4968

Last edited by lduran; 03-30-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Added another link
Old 03-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #26
horsePOOGAS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30328
What I Drive: 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 horsePOOGAS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I also believe this would depend on the driver... just like any other race lol I'd like to see someone on here test drive one or someone speak up who's driven one first hand.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #27
wakeboardjl
See that video?

Fan#: 10643
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 wakeboardjl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i ran a 14.9 in my 5.9 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They are fast from a dig but they suck on the highway. The newer Jeeps are faster on the highway though. It handles pretty decent too. Edmunds.com said the SRT8 Jeep did the slalom at 61.9 MPH and showed .84 g's on the skidpad.
SVT Squad #162

"I'm the dude!"
Old 03-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #28
WitchCitySVT
Turbo!!!!

Fan#: 33699
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
Quote:
im sure the awd will help at pikes peak or any auto-x track. theres no way awd only does good in icy conditions and doesnt do squat for the twisties. thats crap. im telling you if you think im wrong find a srt-8, challenge him to 3-5 laps, and make sure you video it. by the time you both get to the first corner you will be a good margin behind him and i doubt you will pass him even tho your car does do a little better in the turns. it just is not gonna have the raw UMPH to pass the jeep. all he has to do is come out of the corner and stomp it and your gonna be getting smaller in his mirror. im not downing the svt i love mine but i wont be revving or smack talking to any srt-8 cherokees any time soon. they are a force to be reckoned with. yeah they weigh alot more but they have the torque, hp, brakes, suspension, and traction to back it up.
In the straight away sure, but in the curves themselves, your out of your mind. It's still a top heavy poorly distributed SUV even with those upgrades. It will out handel most other SUVs though.

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ
Old 03-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #29
wakeboardjl
See that video?

Fan#: 10643
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 wakeboardjl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The SVT went through the slalom at 68.2 MPH
SVT Squad #162

"I'm the dude!"
Old 03-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #30
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Memberbesthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
lol are you freakin high!

there is no way a top heavy SUV will outhandle an SVTf...it wont happen.

lol that made me laugh. thanks newb.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.

Bookmarks & Social Networks