Need Help On A Zx3 Buy - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
himfreak15
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 54554
What I Drive: none

FF Reputation: 1 himfreak15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Need Help On A Zx3 Buy

I am looking into getting a car i found and need some advise on if the car is worth the price with the miles it has im 17 and i need a car to last and get me from point a to b but still be a head turner thanks pepps

Here the link for the car:

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/for...=50&picstart=3

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
the interior paint is pretty lame, same with the valve cover so I wouldnt get it... but if it was all stock then yeah 4000 is a good price.

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
himfreak15
Focus Rookie

thanks man im just looking for something that is a head turner but gets me from point A to point B do you think it is worth going and lookin at
Old 03-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
gonzorelic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13348
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 gonzorelic Great Standing Member
interior and valve cover paint would stop you from buyin a car for a good deal? you know paint is cheap right? just buy some black rattle can paint and repaint the stuff. that stuff doesnt make the car any less of a good reliable automobile.

WWW.PATTERNTEK.COM
WWW.SNAPOFFRACING.COM
Old 03-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
patalrob

Fan#: 51782
What I Drive: 07 Pitch Black ZX5, 02 Red SVTF

FF Reputation: 0 patalrob Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I would check it out the price is pretty good on it with the add ons and mods has to worth almost half of what they want for it. But with a moded car like that be carefull it could have been used "hard".
Old 03-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Points 33,091, Level 100
Points: 33,091, Level: 100 Points: 33,091, Level: 100 Points: 33,091, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
not a bad price, and the interior paint would bug me, but you can easily just repaint it stock or whatever color you want, also depends on how many miles, and any issues with it, but for just under 4 its a good deal
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 03-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
himfreak15
Focus Rookie

the car has 102,000 miles and if you look at the car add on yahoo were he has listed the items on the car i just don't know it worries me but im going to look at it tomarrow if no one got it before heres the link for info and pictures of the car.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/for...=1&distance=75
Old 03-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,169, Level 97
Points: 27,169, Level: 97 Points: 27,169, Level: 97 Points: 27,169, Level: 97
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If you had to pick- which would be more important: head turning or basic transportation?

Seeing as I have 20 years more experience in an auto than you do, I'd pick the second. Head turning is not all it's cracked up to be. It attracts thieves more than leggy women. When I was young I got my first sports car- an 83 RX-7. I was amazed at how many girls who I thought were out of my league wanted to ride with me and be my friend. Sure I got sex, but now I'm totally turned off by high class pretty women because all the ones I ever had were terrible at sex. That's something you'll have to learn on your own though.

For basic transportation, the Focus is a good reliable American car. If I was looking for one, I'd rather find one that was owned by an adult who didn't do anything except drive the car for basic transportation. Leave all the pretty add-ons like interior paint for you to do for yourself Besides, wouldn't you rather have your favorite colors and style than someone else's idea of cool?

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
himfreak15
Focus Rookie

if you click the link to see the car look just below were it says features and it says sellers notes click addional notes to see all the mods on the car and please guys let me know what you think
Old 03-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
FuriousFocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26361
What I Drive: 02 Zetec 5speed

FF Reputation: 5 FuriousFocus Good Standing Member
Dude, your 17, your friends will love this car and it will be good to you if you are good to it. I'd say buy it, but put a new valve cover on it (stock ones on here can be bought for cheap) and a real intake. Do all the fluid flushes and filter changes and she should last a long time. Good luck.

After reading the extra notes, I would have this car checked out by a shop or dealership that you trust. If the guy is not willing to let the car get checked then I would walk away. If this guy is a tuner, builder and now wants another faster bigger project...then this car is probably really good.

Don't be afraid to walk away even if you think that it is "THE ONE" there are other ZX3's out there that could be better too.

Good Luck.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.