Ford Racing Focus Performance Damper Kit - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Netmon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46321
What I Drive: 2007 ToriD Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 45 Netmon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford Racing Focus Performance Damper Kit

Fisrt I apologise if this question has been beaten-up adnausium, if it was I couldn't find it.
OK, I just ordered up the Eibach Pro springs and rightaway I find out it's pretty much a no-bainer, you gotta change the shocks if you the springs, even with the more concervative PRO-drop. Problem is I kinda blew my wad on the springs so $325-MORE. before shipping on for the Eibach damper kit, is not real tempting. I found these, "2006-07 FOCUS PERFORMANCE DAMPER KIT", ("Vendor Ford Racing"), (@$180) from a reseller who's shipping for Me as a "APO" is not to be beat, (under $20). I asked the seller (who also carries the Eibach Pro-Damper Kit) if the FORD parts were a good match with the Eibach Pro springs. BECAUSE the Ford Racing "Performance Springs" kit, one might assume, this damper kit is intended as a mate to, has a lower DROP, more in line with the Eibach SPORTLINE springs. He's saying it's good match to the Eibach Pro's. What say you gentlemen? Anyone tired these? are they really stiff or more middle of the road?. (Safe to assume they're not on the soft side) ALL your wise and most experienced input will be greatly appreciated because I R pretty much cluless in this area....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
cayres
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 35184
What I Drive: 03 Comp Orange EAP SVT, 06 ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 8 cayres Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
To tell you the truth it will not be nearly as matched as the pro kit dampers but i do think itll work. The pro kit and FR springs are somewhat simular in the drop. The only thing im unsure of is the rates. The eibachs may have a higher rate which could cause premature wear on the dampers. I wouldnt tell you to do it because i dont want to be responsible, but i dont see why they wouldnt hold up well.

Bookmarks & Social Networks