More BROKEN Axles... - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #61
alk3civichater
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26247
What I Drive: '10 Nissan Sentra SE-R

FF Reputation: 15 alk3civichater Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
and not necessarily JUST AXLES either... you push it a bunch of crap is gonna go out on you eventually.. these arent indestructible machines.. their "passenger vehicles" built for driving.. normally.. like an old lady.. haha
now if they came with a race prepped engine/tranny/suspension/ of course id be more surprised of stuff breaking on it, even with heavy mods its not gonna be bulletproof..

I live my life an EIGHTH mile at a time, for those eleven seconds or less, I'm free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #62
IslandFocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 22161
What I Drive: 2000 Imperial Blue Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 IslandFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandFocus View Post
That is your opinion and you're more than welcome to express it. However, the guy who owns this car seems to have built it with a main purpose in mind, to drag race it. So why try to argue with him in how it should be raced? If you have constructive advise/criticism, offer it........but don't get all bent out of shape when his opinions of how it should be raced are different than your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaAddict View Post
Where the f--- did I say he wasn't allowed to drive his car the way he wants...? Nothing like putting words in somebody else's mouth...

If he wants to dump the clutch at redline and therefore abuse his car, fine, its his car, no skin off my nose. But that doesn't mean he has to keep starting new threads every time someone breaks an axle and make it sound like some grave concern that everyone should be worried about, or call anyone who says the stock Focus axles are quite strong for stock parts a liar.
Calm down fella, I think that you're taking this a LITTLE too personal buddy, LOL. Where did I mention that you said anything like that or put words in your mouth? The last sentence in my post was a very general comment made to everything in this thread.......in case you feel it was directed at you.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 PM   #63
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Where did I mention that you said anything like that or put words in your mouth?

Quote:
...the guy who owns this car seems to have built it with a main purpose in mind, to drag race it. So why try to argue with him in how it should be raced? If you have constructive advise/criticism, offer it........but don't get all bent out of shape when his opinions of how it should be raced are different than your own.
Sounds an awful lot like you're saying "you're telling him what to do with his car..."

Maybe its just me, but forum etiquette dictates that when you quote someone and then post commentary after it, the commentary is directed at the quotee. And if you're going to make a broad sweeping statement, use some line breaks between the focused comment and the broad statement.

Like this [broad statement aimed at the community as a whole goes here]
Old 03-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #64
Focus_3XZ
Banned

Fan#: 35439
What I Drive: SVT

FF Reputation: 8 Focus_3XZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
^^^ Round of applause for this guy. He has proven his knowledge about the parts on the Focus and their durability under extreme street, non abusive situations, and now proper forum etiquette! Gee if he only had some knowledge about drag racing and how to make the car go fast down the track. Man that would be something.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #65
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
So what was that about "petty personal attacks"? Nice to see you're keeping yourself above the fray

And you're completely right, I couldn't possibly make a car go fast in a straight line. I mean its so difficult to do I'm going to let you in on something - there are more forms of racing than just drag. I know, its a shock, so I'll give you a minute to let it sink in.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #66
IslandFocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 22161
What I Drive: 2000 Imperial Blue Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 IslandFocus Good Standing Member
Yes, the statement I made was initiated mostly by what you said and you are indeed one of the persons I was referring too. However, it was also intended to be a very general statement.

I don't know if you've read over all of your post in this thread but most if not all are either trying to criticize the way that the owner is racing his car or trying to justify how strong the stock axles are. Obviously, you both have a different opinion on the matters. So I never mentioned that you said "he wasn't allowed to drive his car the way he wants"............but it certainly is implied that you don't approve
Old 03-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #67
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
ok, it ends here, points were made but this has gone to the pure "mines bigger than yours" stage.
everyone builds a car for a different purpose be it street, show, drag racing, what have you. noone is right or wrong, but when it hits the point of personally attacking others its time has about run out.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #68
alk3civichater
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26247
What I Drive: '10 Nissan Sentra SE-R

FF Reputation: 15 alk3civichater Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinloco1 View Post
ok, it ends here, points were made but this has gone to the pure "mines bigger than yours" stage.
everyone builds a car for a different purpose be it street, show, drag racing, what have you. noone is right or wrong, but when it hits the point of personally attacking others its time has about run out.
you mean... ??

I live my life an EIGHTH mile at a time, for those eleven seconds or less, I'm free
Old 03-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #69
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Memberbesthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
funny thing is those axles weren't broken in drag
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #70
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
As far as stock parts go the Focus has pretty good stuff, but as with any other car when you start making more power or use it in a way that is wasnt designed to parts are going to fail. After you replace the weak part then somewhere another will fail and so on, its a never ending battle and all you can do is either change how you drive or keep upgrading parts.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]

Bookmarks & Social Networks