More BROKEN Axles... - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #51
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandFocus View Post
That is your opinion and you're more than welcome to express it. However, the guy who owns this car seems to have built it with a main purpose in mind, to drag race it. So why try to argue with him in how it should be raced? If you have constructive advise/criticism, offer it........but don't get all bent out of shape when his opinions of how it should be raced are different than your own.
Where the f--- did I say he wasn't allowed to drive his car the way he wants...? Nothing like putting words in somebody else's mouth...

If he wants to dump the clutch at redline and therefore abuse his car, fine, its his car, no skin off my nose. But that doesn't mean he has to keep starting new threads every time someone breaks an axle and make it sound like some grave concern that everyone should be worried about, or call anyone who says the stock Focus axles are quite strong for stock parts a liar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #52
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompEuroZX5 View Post
Of course it is abusive I never said otherwise, but that’s what it takes to get the most out of a combo on the drag strip and all of the parts have already been upgraded to handle such launches.

Do you really think that he would be running a stock clutch when making over 350whp? The clutch has already been addressed as well.

If I’m not mistaken this is the Drag Racing Section of Focus Fanatics, so I don’t understand how your “EXTEME DAILY DRIVING” applies to the topic at hand. Maybe you can ask one of the moderators to create a new section labeled Daily Driving where you can freely post about fuel economy and preventative maintenance. You know topics that you are a little more familiar with…

if you werent a repeatative tool you would have realized that he broke those axles during an autox even with a sub 200whp duratec...but nice try.

ive drag raced tons of times as well as autox...never broken an axle.

no one cares if your 350whp focus breaks an axle. we dont. if you break it. fix it. dont bitch about how theres no aftermarket support for axles. we dont care
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #53
Focus_3XZ
Banned

Fan#: 35439
What I Drive: SVT

FF Reputation: 8 Focus_3XZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
if you werent a repeatative tool you would have realized that he broke those axles during an autox even with a sub 200whp duratec...but nice try.

ive drag raced tons of times as well as autox...never broken an axle.

no one cares if your 350whp focus breaks an axle. we dont. if you break it. fix it. dont bitch about how theres no aftermarket support for axles. we dont care
Repetative tool? He was referring to SkaAddicts post about not breaking axles with his daily driving, Not what EGZ posted. Nice try on your part.

However your comment about not breaking axles on your car is irrelevant because you arent making considerable power and or using slicks.

Also I sure as hell was not complaining about the lack of aftermarket support for axles. I have already had a set made and it was not a problem for me.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 PM   #54
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_3XZ View Post
Repetative tool? He was referring to SkaAddicts post about not breaking axles with his daily driving, Not what EGZ posted. Nice try on your part.

However your comment about not breaking axles on your car is irrelevant because you arent making considerable power and or using slicks.

Also I sure as hell was not complaining about the lack of aftermarket support for axles. I have already had a set made and it was not a problem for me.
i was talking to you about the bitching for one.

and two...he is being repetative...he says the SAME thing...about 100times...and has multiple threads.

and three...on this car and my 440+ wtq saturn i never broke axles and i now have a set of slicks for the focus. but i dont see broken axles in my future...at all. and saturn axles are notoriously weaker...until now id never heard of broken focus axles
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:25 PM   #55
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Which I posted because of this little gem of a reply...

Quote:
Just about everything is abusive to a car; stop & go driving, cold starts, adding forced induction (Look at goinloco1 he broke a ring land from "abusing" his car). Should everyone just stop driving and modfiying their cars period?
...in which he equates normal wear and tear with abusive acts like redline drops. Which is why I stated that in 120,000 miles I hadn't broken an axle, because reading that statement, everything you do with a car is abusive so I should have already broken both of my axles many times because daily driving and redline drops are the same exact thing.

(Again, focus on the bold words...)

Words are for reading. You know, left to right, top to bottom. A group of words together form a sentence...
Old 03-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #56
Focus_3XZ
Banned

Fan#: 35439
What I Drive: SVT

FF Reputation: 8 Focus_3XZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaAddict View Post
Where the f--- did I say he wasn't allowed to drive his car the way he wants...? Nothing like putting words in somebody else's mouth...

If he wants to dump the clutch at redline and therefore abuse his car, fine, its his car, no skin off my nose. But that doesn't mean he has to keep starting new threads every time someone breaks an axle and make it sound like some grave concern that everyone should be worried about, or call anyone who says the stock Focus axles are quite strong for stock parts a liar.

First of all its MY CAR not CompEuroZX5's He just has been through the build since day one.

You did say something along the lines of dropping the clutch at high rpms is like driving like a 15 year old with no expierence didnt you? Last time I checked, that is the proper way to get a good 60ft time, but you already knew that didnt you? Seems like you lack of knowledge on the subject and resort to petty personal attacks on other members posts along with useless information about driving your car on the street. This is the Drag Racing forum and you sir are one of the finest forum E-Racers I have ever seen.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #57
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
resort to petty personal attacks on other members posts
Good thing you never do...

Quote:
you sir are one of the finest forum E-Racers I have ever seen.
Pot, its the kettle for you on line 1. Something about being black...

See my above reply about the daily driving thing. Words are for reading.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #58
tobyboom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6129
What I Drive: 2000 Black boosted ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 tobyboom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Glad to see someone comment that actually has some data to back up their claims. So far your reply is the absolute only response I've seen that gives the stock Focus axles some credit. Congrats on the 1.78 60' as I have yet to see someone else on here post anything quicker. How much are you making to wheels and what kind of clutch were you running?

Believe it or not, the best 60' I ever cut (the 1.78) was when I wasnt turboed or making very much power... At the time, I had a fully built motor with JE 10.5:1 pistons, some head work, and a 100 shot of nitrous. The funny part... I was using a Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch. I never had the car tuned or dynoed, but I'd guess my horsepower and torque were around 220hp/250tq. The run with that 60' time was a 13.3 @ 101mph... Just so happens that the track was imaculately prepped, and I got a hell of a launch. But again, I've got COUNTLESS 1.8xx 60' times, and have never had a problem.

One thing I have noticed, is that that launching a turbo car is a lot different than a NA/Nitrous car. I for one dont do any high rpm clutch drops, and still see 1.8's. I try to usually launch the car around 4500rpm, but occasionally as high as 5000. Nothing higher.
1/8: Dont remember at the moment
POWER: 302.25 HP 278.66 TQ
MODS: Custom Focus-Power Intake System
Old 03-12-2008, 04:38 PM   #59
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Quote:
First of all its MY CAR not CompEuroZX5's He just has been through the build since day one.

You did say something along the lines of dropping the clutch at high rpms is like driving like a 15 year old with no expierence didnt you? Last time I checked, that is the proper way to get a good 60ft time, but you already knew that didnt you? Seems like you lack of knowledge on the subject and resort to petty personal attacks on other members posts along with useless information about driving your car on the street. This is the Drag Racing forum and you sir are one of the finest forum E-Racers I have ever seen.
ive cut 1.70 60ft times in a high horsepower FWD car and never dropped the clutch...its possible. slipping clutches works...and is wayyyyyyyyyyyy less hard on cars
Old 03-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #60
alk3civichater
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26247
What I Drive: '10 Nissan Sentra SE-R

FF Reputation: 15 alk3civichater Great Standing Member
I love it im subscribing this thread!! keep it going!
As for the axles.. of course your gonna break something.. I broke an axle on my corolla few years back.. no mods.. no drag racing.. some 'spirited' driving.. and taking corners a bit hard..
push your car.. its gonna push back.. right on your wallet!

I live my life an EIGHTH mile at a time, for those eleven seconds or less, I'm free

Bookmarks & Social Networks