More BROKEN Axles... - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 AM   #41
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
god, maybe i should start a svt pistons are junk because i broke a ring land while knowingly abusing my car thread. i mean so many people here have had the same problem after all (i can actually name and show pictures).
cmon guys i wanna whine too... can i please?

(of course i wouldnt actually do it when i knowingly abused the car and knew it may happen in the first place, parts break, fix it and drive on...guarantee a piston and relacement is a hell of alot more time consuming than an axle))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 01:41 AM   #42
700whpfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 40899
What I Drive: 2000 zx3 twillight blue focus

FF Reputation: 2 700whpfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
does anyone make upgraded axles for the focus? what about cyyo treatment on the axles
Old 03-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #43
IslandFocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 22161
What I Drive: 2000 Imperial Blue Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 IslandFocus Good Standing Member
Come on guys, let's all stick to what is ACTUALLY said in this thread. I don't RECALL anyone ever saying that the stock axles are "junk" and I don't recall anyone ever saying that they are "indestructable". All I here people saying are that the stock axles are pretty strong BUT can only take so much power/abuse. That very statement can be said for a lot of things about the Focus. Likewise, the SVT shortblock is also very strong but has it's limitations. If you wish to exceed those limitations, it's time to upgrade to something stronger. This doesn't mean that you're trying to ABUSE the engine by trying to make more power. It simply means you want better performance than what the stock parts can handle.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 AM   #44
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_3XZ View Post
Everyone thinks the axles are tough? If anyone is so sure that they are so great, send me a set and I will gladly take a video of the car breaking them. If they dont, I will gladly pay you for them whatever your price.
Is the point you want to make really that you can break akles

Send me a 10lb sledge hammer and I will send you a video of me breaking it. Sometimes it isnt that we can break things because any moron(not directed at you) can do that whats wrong with running fast and NOT breaking things that also has been proven it can be done and for almost 6 years by many Foci owners

Are you going to the $16,000.00 Quaif Trans next ? Sean started killing them once he got strong axles , Trans about 400.00 used then parts and time to install LSD and about 6 Hrs R&R is it really worth it for something that can be over come with 1Psi more boost

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #45
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandFocus View Post
This doesn't mean that you're trying to ABUSE the engine by trying to make more power.
I don't care how you cut it - revving the engine up past 5,000 RPMs and then dropping the clutch from a standstill is abuse.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #46
Focus_3XZ
Banned

Fan#: 35439
What I Drive: SVT

FF Reputation: 8 Focus_3XZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaAddict View Post
I don't care how you cut it - revving the engine up past 5,000 RPMs and then dropping the clutch from a standstill is abuse.
The stock axles actually held for one launch at 6500, but I had to let off due to a 25 degree track and the car getting out of the groove.

The transmission shouldnt be a problem with the gearset that I am running in it, I have already addressed that issue. I even have two spares just in case. We will see what happens next.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #47
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
So, would revving it up to 4,999 RPMS and dumping clutch not be abusive?

Anyway whats your point? Just about everything is abusive to a car; stop & go driving, cold starts, adding forced induction (Look at goinloco1 he broke a ring land from "abusing" his car). Should everyone just stop driving and modfiying their cars period?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #48
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompEuroZX5 View Post
So, would revving it up to 4,999 RPMS and dumping clutch not be abusive?
Well according to you and all your infinite knowledge, the drivetrain should be able to hold up to an infinite number of redline drops, so why would dropping at 1500/2200 below redline be abusive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompEuroZX5 View Post
Anyway whats your point? Just about everything is abusive to a car; stop & go driving, cold starts, adding forced induction (Look at goinloco1 he broke a ring land from "abusing" his car). Should everyone just stop driving and modfiying their cars period?
Funny thing is, I put 120,000 miles on my Focus and I don't exactly drive like a grandma and I never broke an axle in that time frame. Normal wear and tear is considerably different from abuse...running your engine up just shy of redline and then dropping the clutch is highly abusive on the entire drivetrain. I don't see how you can say otherwise. Like I said...when you burn your clutch up doing redline drops are you going to start bitching incessantly about how low-quality the stock clutch is and post a "OMG STOP TEH PRESSES!!!" thread every time a clutch dies?

You're making this out to be a much larger deal than it actually is. This does not effect anyone else besides you and your "EXTREME DRAG RACING" cohorts because the vast majority of the enthusiast community uses common sense while driving their cars. It occurs to me that the only people suffering from Ford's "weak" axles are people such as yourself who find it necessary to drive like a 15 year old with no prior experience behind the wheel of a manual-transmission vehicle.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #49
IslandFocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 22161
What I Drive: 2000 Imperial Blue Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 IslandFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
That is your opinion and you're more than welcome to express it. However, the guy who owns this car seems to have built it with a main purpose in mind, to drag race it. So why try to argue with him in how it should be raced? If you have constructive advise/criticism, offer it........but don't get all bent out of shape when his opinions of how it should be raced are different than your own.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #50
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
…running your engine up just shy of redline and then dropping the clutch is highly abusive on the entire drivetrain. I don't see how you can say otherwise.
Of course it is abusive I never said otherwise, but that’s what it takes to get the most out of a combo on the drag strip and all of the parts have already been upgraded to handle such launches.

Quote:
Like I said...when you burn your clutch up doing redline drops are you going to start bitching incessantly about how low-quality the stock clutch is.
Do you really think that he would be running a stock clutch when making over 350whp? The clutch has already been addressed as well.

Quote:
Funny thing is, I put 120,000 miles on my Focus and I don't exactly drive like a grandma and I never broke an axle in that time frame. …This does not effect anyone else besides you and your "EXTREME DRAG RACING" cohorts because the vast majority of the enthusiast community…
If I’m not mistaken this is the Drag Racing Section of Focus Fanatics, so I don’t understand how your “EXTEME DAILY DRIVING” applies to the topic at hand. Maybe you can ask one of the moderators to create a new section labeled Daily Driving where you can freely post about fuel economy and preventative maintenance. You know topics that you are a little more familiar with…

Bookmarks & Social Networks