More BROKEN Axles... - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2008, 07:42 PM   #31
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,608, Level 78
Points: 14,608, Level: 78 Points: 14,608, Level: 78 Points: 14,608, Level: 78
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Man, use someone else breaking an axle as an example and get blown out of the water with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #32
Dcl2049
MyCarBreaksAlot

Fan#: 18957
What I Drive: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 69 Dcl2049 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandFocus View Post
something about axles being the weakest link
Hey, you could be right, they could possibly be the weakest link. But they are very tough for stock axles...

If you've got the dough to burn on slicks and a fast Focus in the first place, axles are pocket change and a few hours under the car.

The only reason we keep saying this I think is because the issue really isn't big enough to worry about this much. Just save a few bucks in case it happens if it bothers you.
Dan - gumpcrew #4
[BBS][Borla][Focus Central][Hella][K&N][Koni][Lentech][Wings West]
#23 STS Wiregrass Region SCCA
Old 03-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #33
Focus_3XZ
Banned

Fan#: 35439
What I Drive: SVT

FF Reputation: 8 Focus_3XZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Quote:
Hey, you could be right, they could possibly be the weakest link. But they are very tough for stock axles...
Everyone thinks the axles are tough? Tough compared to what? There are 600-700 whp hondas on stock axles that go a lot faster than 10.95

If you really wanna compare how tough they really are, compare them to other FWD that are making good power with a properly setup car. Chances are that the ones over 350whp arent breaking them, or have been running stock for 2-3 years. My car will break every piece on them, the shaft, the tripod, the splined ends, even broke both axles at once and has done it twice. If anyone is so sure that they are so great, send me a set and I will gladly take a video of the car breaking them. If they dont, I will gladly pay you for them whatever your price.

Im sorry but if I am going to the dragstrip, I am going to run my car to its fullest potential. After all that is what I built it for, so why wouldnt I use it???
Old 03-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #34
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Again...

WHEN YOU ABUSE YOUR CAR DON'T BE SURPRISED WHEN PARTS BREAK!!!

That is all
Old 03-11-2008, 11:05 PM   #35
Focus_3XZ
Banned

Fan#: 35439
What I Drive: SVT

FF Reputation: 8 Focus_3XZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaAddict View Post
Again...

WHEN YOU ABUSE YOUR CAR DON'T BE SURPRISED WHEN PARTS BREAK!!!

That is all
Wow, where did I say that I was suprised that they broke? I have broken a lot more than just axles with the car, and when something does, I happily replace it with something better. That is how you make the car faster after all. Everyone is still claiming that the stock axles are soooo good, when I knew they were going to break with my setup even before I ran the car.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #36
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

...so why do we keep getting these threads that make it sound like broken axles after doing multiple near-redline drops from a standstill is somehow news that urgently needs to be addressed? Seems to me that the only Focus owners who are having this problem are those who abuse their cars...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #37
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyboom View Post
I've pulled as low as a 1.78 60' time and COUNTLESS (no less than 100) 1.8's without ever breaking an axle. I'm also rather certain that myself, Tom, and EconorocketZX3 were some of the first Focus owners to even use slicks, and never once did any of us have a problem with the axles.
Glad to see someone comment that actually has some data to back up their claims. So far your reply is the absolute only response I've seen that gives the stock Focus axles some credit. Congrats on the 1.78 60' as I have yet to see someone else on here post anything quicker. How much are you making to wheels and what kind of clutch were you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinloco1 View Post
Man, use someone else breaking an axle as an example and get blown out of the water with it.
Do you need another one? How about Karl from Massive Speed Systems? Looks he has also had some problems with the stock axles as well. "We too have had numerous run ins with broken axles at the strip." - K STYLEZ

Either way I already had my own personal experience with the stock axles that has blown the indestructible stock axle myth out of the water...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #38
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompEuroZX5 View Post
Either way I already had my own personal experience with the stock axles that has blown the indestructible stock axle myth out of the water...
Can you show me once instance of anyone saying (without you taking what they're saying out of context or twisting their words around) that the Focus' stock axles are "indestructable?" We've made the point that for stock, they are very strong - but if you abuse them (just like any other part on the car) they will break.

Hint; read the bold words at the end of that statement
Old 03-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #39
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Heres my favorite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I have never seen a broke "axle" on a Focus ever , I would say from your list our axles are 2 to 4 times stronger then the cars in your list , add the slicks and have fun
Old 03-12-2008, 12:08 AM   #40
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Where in that quote did he say "indestructable" or a synonym thereof?

He said in his experience with the Focus (and I'm pretty sure that he has a lot more than you) that he hasn't run across a broken axle. Maybe I should've made the other part of my last quote bold as well...you know, this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaAddict View Post
(without you taking what they're saying out of context or twisting their words around)
What's your angle on this "the stock Focus axles are junk because they don't hold up indefinitely to redline drops from a standstill" crusade you're on...do you work for some aftermarket halfshaft builder and you're trying to get people to buy more parts...?

Bookmarks & Social Networks