More BROKEN Axles... - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #11
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
if you CLUTCH DROP at 8k rpms...yes you will snap axles with that much traction...but learn to drive and youll be fine.
THIS

Next we're going to hear from the "real drag racers" that the Focus' clutch is also junk when they start burning through them because of high-rev launches. Abuse your car and parts are going to break, period.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #12
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
yep that is true. but hes gungho...

dude get your axles cyroed.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #13
macdaddyslomo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52239
What I Drive: 2007 CD Silver ST w/SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 macdaddyslomo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i think you guys are taking him the wrong way....

no one is saying that stock axles are crap...

but people on here have said that they are just fine for pretty much ANY power level, even for drag racing

i think that's a stretch....

you can try and take it easy on them, and not launch hard and i'm sure they'll last

but if you are racing competitively, launching soft=lose

so lets say this...running 300+hp on slicks, with upgraded suspension, and launching hard, you will probably need to upgrade axles...
Old 03-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #14
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddyslomo View Post
i think you guys are taking him the wrong way....

no one is saying that stock axles are crap...

but people on here have said that they are just fine for pretty much ANY power level, even for drag racing

i think that's a stretch....

you can try and take it easy on them, and not launch hard and i'm sure they'll last

but if you are racing competitively, launching soft=lose

so lets say this...running 300+hp on slicks, with upgraded suspension, and launching hard, you will probably need to upgrade axles...
Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself. If anyone wants to actually prove that the stock axles are so great then prove it on the strip.

Just an FYI I've seen first hand the one off Drive Shaft Shop axles for the Focus and I don't think those will be breaking. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #15
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
cryo treat stock axles and youll be more then fine.

id be more worried about CV joints...then the actual axle.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #16
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
cryo treat stock axles and youll be more then fine.

id be more worried about CV joints...then the actual axle.
The upgraded axles are heat treated and use different CV joints. The heat treatment was done in way to make them stronger yet flex slightly so that they can take the shock of red line launches on slicks.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #17
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompEuroZX5 View Post
Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself. If anyone wants to actually prove that the stock axles are so great then prove it on the strip.
So...when you start wearing out other parts of your car because of your extreme methods, are you going to start whining that those parts also aren't "good enough for real drag racing"?

Once again, its not because the Focus' axles cannot stand up to high power. The number of high-power Foci on the street that are still on their stock axles are testament to that. Its because the way you are driving is highly abusive...which does not mean the Focus' axles are junk, or cheap, or "not good enough." You seem to think that every component on the car should be indestructable under any condition. I'm not going to drive my Focus at 70 MPH in second gear, bouncing off the rev limiter until the head warps and then bitch about it later because the car isn't built well...if you want to abuse your car then be ready for the consequences when parts inevitably break.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #18
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaAddict View Post
So...when you start wearing out other parts of your car because of your extreme methods, are you going to start whining that those parts also aren't "good enough for real drag racing"?

Once again, its not because the Focus' axles cannot stand up to high power. The number of high-power Foci on the street that are still on their stock axles are testament to that. Its because the way you are driving is highly abusive...which does not mean the Focus' axles are junk, or cheap, or "not good enough." You seem to think that every component on the car should be indestructable under any condition. I'm not going to drive my Focus at 70 MPH in second gear, bouncing off the rev limiter until the head warps and then bitch about it later because the car isn't built well...if you want to abuse your car then be ready for the consequences when parts inevitably break.

Are you just arguing to argue? I can see you are still missing the point. Claiming that hard drag strip launches is a abusive is a mute point.

Try rereading besthaticouldo post, he summed it up pretty well.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Claiming that hard drag strip launches is a abusive is a mute point.
So dumping the clutch near redline in a stopped car isn't abusive

Last edited by SkaAddict; 03-10-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #20
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,653, Level 78
Points: 14,653, Level: 78 Points: 14,653, Level: 78 Points: 14,653, Level: 78
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
I have three simple questions that will in turn answer your question.

1. What does you car make to the wheels?
2. What kind of tires do you run?
3. Whats your best 60ft?
see, now your missing the point as you say everyone else is. Please dont try to turn things on me.
and for your info...
unknown right now(was 215 @ 5psi last dyno) since i just trashed a ring land due to being ABUSIVE.it's being rebuilt then dyno'd once again, i'll let you know.
I've run both street and slicks, never broken a thing.
and lastly from the only slip i can find right now 2.1 (street tires)

but you see theres a difference in the way we race, i do it for enjoyment and being able to do alot of passes. not redline drops then complain parts are crappy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.