The "Official" Sway Bar Bushing and Endlink Thread - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-28-2008, 03:26 PM   #11
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
damn...nice!
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #12
lowxtreme
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29648
What I Drive: 2004 infared svt zx3

FF Reputation: 2 lowxtreme Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
You can get the Moog endlinks cheaper at rockauto.com. There is also a complete bushing kit from Prothane that has more than the Energy suspension kit. The Prothane kit includes front and rear control arm bushing, front swaybar bushing, rear sway bar bushing and endlink, rear coilspring isolator, rear trailing arm bushings and front and rear bumpstops. According to Energy suspensions site thier kit includes front control arm bushings, front swaybar bushings, rear swaybar bushings and endlinks, rear coilspring isolators, rear trailing arm bushings and rear bumpstops.
04 infared svt zx3 #1121 of 1978-SOLD
99 xtreme s10 bagged, caddy tails,tweed int. 18/20 panther juices
03 cd silver zx5 2.3l lowered, exhaust, etc.
06 jeep tj 3" bds lift on 33" bfg at's
Old 02-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #13
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
But there is also the Powergrid set sold by NewEdgePerformance.
You might note that those are adjustable end links.
^^^That's why they're more expensive.

If you really want to be complete, don't the SPI cars have a 19mm or 20mm front bar?
I'm fairly certain there's at least one or two models that have smaller (<21mm) front bars.

Once a few corrections/additions are made, I'll be glad to "clean up" the thread for you.
^^^Meaning, get rid of the posts making corrections or additions, leaving only the pertinent information.

Just look what you got yourself into now!!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #14
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

Points 28,098, Level 98
Points: 28,098, Level: 98 Points: 28,098, Level: 98 Points: 28,098, Level: 98
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Energy does have separate stuff, it fits the focus but its marked as universal. Just do some measurements and go to summit

Also, 2005+ S and SE models have a 18mm front sway (yuck!) Im pretty sure the spi has that too.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #15
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
But there is also the Powergrid set sold by NewEdgePerformance.
You might note that those are adjustable end links.
^^^That's why they're more expensive.

If you really want to be complete, don't the SPI cars have a 19mm or 20mm front bar?
I'm fairly certain there's at least one or two models that have smaller (<21mm) front bars.

Once a few corrections/additions are made, I'll be glad to "clean up" the thread for you.
^^^Meaning, get rid of the posts making corrections or additions, leaving only the pertinent information.

Just look what you got yourself into now!!

haha ya what did i do.

yes the SPI cars have an 18mm sway bar. however i cant find a set of bushings for the SPI FSB. the only ones i can find are the 21mm that are zetecs and SVTs. that is assuming you would have to use stock FSB bushings for the SPI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickboy View Post
Energy does have separate stuff, it fits the focus but its marked as universal. Just do some measurements and go to summit

Also, 2005+ S and SE models have a 18mm front sway (yuck!) Im pretty sure the spi has that too.
ok i will add the SPI and S and SE models thing right now.

also that is wayyyyyy to much work. the prothane stuff is very well priced and i think that its just as good. so idk if you would wanna do the work to get it from summit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowxtreme View Post
You can get the Moog endlinks cheaper at rockauto.com. There is also a complete bushing kit from Prothane that has more than the Energy suspension kit. The Prothane kit includes front and rear control arm bushing, front swaybar bushing, rear sway bar bushing and endlink, rear coilspring isolator, rear trailing arm bushings and front and rear bumpstops. According to Energy suspensions site thier kit includes front control arm bushings, front swaybar bushings, rear swaybar bushings and endlinks, rear coilspring isolators, rear trailing arm bushings and rear bumpstops.
true...however i was going for specifically sway bar bushings which i could only find in the complete kit. but i will add the prothane kit to the top now that you mention it.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

edited it WD with some more information about all the bushing kits available with the sway bar stuff.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:16 AM   #17
danielj24k07
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 54277
What I Drive: 2003,red,se duratec

FF Reputation: 1 danielj24k07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
the energy master kit is worth it though. the only thing is that pisses me off is that the rear control arms for our cars are 100 just by themselves. but prolly gonna buy the energy and add on the front and rear bumpstops for like what 20 bucks.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #18
02utahfocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 57930
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 02utahfocus Good Standing Member
I know this is an old thread, but how do you tell if your links are bad? I've got a 2002 ZX3 with an awful clunk in the front end when I go over bumps. I've replaced the struts, but the clunk is still there, now I'm not sure what else to do? Any advice would be great!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #19
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

its probably them...or it could be the ball joints

get under there and look around and see if the bushings are torn or worn or anything.
thatll be your biggest hint.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #20
Atomik777
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41482
What I Drive: Silver zx3

FF Reputation: 3 Atomik777 Good Standing Member
This might be a silly question. but what is the beinift to having adjustable end-links.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.