my first post need help form the focus gods - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-24-2004, 09:47 PM   #1
themoney
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5983
What I Drive: 2001 gray zx3

FF Reputation: 1 themoney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile my first post need help form the focus gods

hello
i would like first to say this is a great board.i have learned some things reading your posts. since i know very little about cars .i got my focus 2 months ago 2001 zx3 s2 25000 miles automantic. i like the car alot and, it is fun to drive.i have a few question i hope some one can help me with some answers.

my first question is there any difference as far as whats under the hood of an s2 compare to just a strandard zx3?

for my second question i am looking to get a focus sport porformance exhaust with stealth system ceramic coating so will i need to get new headers or cataltic converter or is the stock fine?

my third question, i'm also looking to get focus sport wires and performace air filter would any of those upgrades void my warranty or cause my car to fail an emmision test? and how much hp will i gain? i don't becausethere not big modifications? and will this stuff mess up my transmision since i have a auotmatic or is not enough gain to cause any problems?

and in general since this is my first zx3 is there any thing i should know down the line about problems i found about the brakes the second day

so those are my questions sorry if it is a lot or stupid. i am just starting on my journey in my focus just needing a little advice form some guys who know their stuff. thanks guys cant wait to read your replys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2004, 09:54 PM   #2
Vassili95
Banned

Fan#: 371
FF Reputation: 1 Vassili95 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Ok...Welcome to FF.
  • 1. No, same Zetec engine different exterior and suspension I think.
    2. Stock is fine but upgrading to what you mentioned would clear good gains.
    3. No to fail emmission with intake.........probably a 1-3 hp gain max......no prob with the transmission 'cause it doesn't relate.
    4. Brakes will sqeek.

Also try this link:

Here

Peace.........
Old 05-24-2004, 09:56 PM   #3
BrandonDrecksage
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4078
FF Reputation: 1 BrandonDrecksage Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by vassili95
3. No to fail emmission with intake.........probably a 1-3 hp gain max......no prob with the transmission 'cause it doesn't relate.
I think he was inquiring if the extra power will hurt the tranny...I doubt it will
Old 05-24-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
for ur first ques. i dont think there is a difference in engines.

for ur second, no. u wont NEED headers or a cat but it would be wise for more hp but u could always get that later on down the road.

three, i dont think they will void ur warrenty. if something happens with ur car, and they say ur mod caused it, they hafta prove that the mod caused it. i dont think it will cause u to fail an emissions. umm as far as hp, not too much cause like u said, they arent huge mods but every little bit helps. it wont mess up ur tranmission. once ur pushin about 150 whp, then start wondering.

four, some people have had problems with their brakes very early so, it wouldnt be uncommon.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:02 PM   #5
EuroZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 05 Black Scion TC

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
well, focus has premature brake wear. you may need to replace your rotors and pads as soon as 25k. they wear unever. normally the passenger wears faster. my inner passenger side pad wore very badly and i couldnt tell it was unever because the outter pad was fine till i took it apart and saw it trashed my rotor so bad i needed to replace it. if this does happen go to www.batinc.net you can get new rotors and pads for about $120 shipped :)

get the FS intake/Wires/catback and see if they will discount or ship for free for you since you are purchasing so much. never hurts to ask :) good choices on 1st 3 mods too. another thing to look into that will help the auto feel better is a chip.

and welcome

btw, its header! its not a v8 only one header.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:00 PM   #6
themoney
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5983
What I Drive: 2001 gray zx3

FF Reputation: 1 themoney Good Standing Member
thanks for the info will the dealership put the exaust on how many hours will they charge me for?

Last edited by themoney; 05-25-2004 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:13 AM   #7
frostangelnj13
Banned

Fan#: 7993
What I Drive: 2001 silver se

FF Reputation: 1 frostangelnj13 Good Standing Member
mac ram air intake is a good mod.. and getting some ford fr spark plug wires 9mm are good. essinger underdrive pulley kit 65mm throttle body all good mods thats what iam up too with my focus oh and a good exhaust system like borla or magnaflow.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:21 AM   #8
bacosta
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6786
What I Drive: 2000 Infra Red

FF Reputation: 1 bacosta Good Standing Member
welcome and I have no clue on you questions.... but there is some great people on this forum that do.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:36 AM   #9
BlkZX3

Fan#: 473
What I Drive: El Huevo Negro

FF Reputation: 1 BlkZX3 Good Standing Member
you should be able to put a cat-back on yourself.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:50 PM   #10
Focusedat50
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
The dealer may be hesitant to install any mods to your car, you could ask but in most cases they'll probably say no. If you don't want to mess with installing the exhaust yourself take it to a muffler shop, they will do it. To cut off your old and install your new should take them and hour at the very most. Actually, a good shop will probably be able to finish it closer to 30 minutes.

Bookmarks & Social Networks