100,000+ Mileage Foci, Post here.. - Page 72 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #711
blufok2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 29317
What I Drive: 05 zx4 se white

FF Reputation: 2 blufok2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
05 zx4 se 134600

i got the car with 36750 three years ago i am just now starting to do the part changing shuffle . i love the car but am starting to have some serious problems. put svt suspension on am having creaking and popping in the front . changed the moter mounts all three still have the annoying sounds just cant figure it out. have had it checked just about every where no one can figure it out and it is driving me nucking futs!!! anyone got any ideas
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #712
crazyhair
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90335
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVT EAP

FF Reputation: 1 crazyhair Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufok2 View Post
i got the car with 36750 three years ago i am just now starting to do the part changing shuffle . i love the car but am starting to have some serious problems. put svt suspension on am having creaking and popping in the front . changed the moter mounts all three still have the annoying sounds just cant figure it out. have had it checked just about every where no one can figure it out and it is driving me nucking futs!!! anyone got any ideas
Hello blufok2, I am dealing with same issue on my '03 SVTF w/FRRP lowering springs and dampers! Changed out tires to softer compound Conti Extreme DWS and they made a BIG diff. I am also changing back to stock SVT suspension part# M3000ZX3 Ford Racing kit. This kit has the stock SVT shocks and dampers includes rear sway bar. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #713
darkstar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23957
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 1 darkstar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
119,992 on it now, my dad bought it at 23k. Timing belt replaced twice at 70k then 90k, new thermostat housing at 70k. Original brakes until 110k, front brakes still had the life left but decided to replace them! Stock differential blew spider gears was screwed, because of tranny oil was never changed? We didn't realize they had service life of 30k.
Overall its damn reliable! Only broke down twice because of timing belt and melted positive battery wire at the terminal and acid build up.
Just replaced tranny, new tie rods and stabilizer sway bars, clutch master cylinder and valve cover gasket is leaking a bit. Less than 1 grand of maintenance went into it so far, pretty cheap I'll say :D
Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #714
coldbear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78292
What I Drive: 2014 Race Red 6/spd. SE

Points 1,346, Level 20
Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20 Points: 1,346, Level: 20
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 coldbear Good Standing Member
Niccccccceee!!

It sounds like you've got the best out your dad's car. You can beat the h#%l out of these things and they reward you with smiles. Good luck.rad.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #715
darkstar
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
It sounds like you've got the best out your dad's car. You can beat the h#%l out of these things and they reward you with smiles. Good luck.rad.
Heck yeah, always had good mileage throughout even though fuel filter didn't get replaced until recently. Replacing transmission is painn in the ass! I finally got it in after 25 attempts, one man job :) I am surprised I made it through lol other than transmission swap, pretty easy to work on just like mk2 volkswagens
People would think focus sucks, noooo seriously they are awesome, reliable, and fun car to play around! Plenty of power for daily driving

Last edited by darkstar; 12-09-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #716
Steve C
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91480
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT

Points 63, Level 1
Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Steve C Good Standing Member
117,005 as of yesterday, bought it with ~116,000 a few weeks ago in FL and drove it back to NC with bad motor mounts, crap tires and a multiple causes CEL. Got it squared away now, two new O2 sensors, two motor mounts, one tranny mount, new tires, fresh oil and rebuilt the IMRC actuator. Next project is the timing belt!!!!!!!
04 Corvette ZO6 Lemans Commerative
07 Dodge 2500 Cummins "Got Soot?"
Old 12-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #717
dino lord
Banned

Fan#: 92295
What I Drive: black 04 SVTF5

FF Reputation: 1 dino lord Good Standing Member
just bought my '04 SVTF 5-door project with 209k miles. original engine and trans. clutch, struts, and p/s rack done around 140-170k. timing belt done at 100 and then 190k. nothing but basic maintenance other than those. we'll see how long i can make it last. i figure it serves me another 2-3 years and 30-50k(i drive alot), i'll be ecstatic. and then i'll weigh options at that point.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #718
PLRX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16768
What I Drive: 2003 - ZX5 - 5 Spd - 2.3 Duratec

Points 1,389, Level 20
Points: 1,389, Level: 20 Points: 1,389, Level: 20 Points: 1,389, Level: 20
Level Up 89% Completed
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 PLRX Good Standing Member
Hit 210,000 Miles
Original engine
Old 12-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #719
William J Toensing
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 52435
What I Drive: 2001 Sangria Red ZX3 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 William J Toensing Good Standing Member
2001 Focus ZX3 5 speed manual, Zetech engine, bought new in Sept 2001. It now has 144,000 miles. Overall, this has been the most reliable car I have ever owned I have found a few poorly designed parts. 1) ignition switch: when it goes bad, call a mobile lock smith to fix it for a cost of around $150 or have it towed to your friendly Ford dealer who will charge you from $500 to $800 for the same job which they likely sub out to the same local locksmith who comes to fix your lock. The local Ford dealer's parts department said Ford has made an upgrade to this switch so I bought it in preperation for the next time it goes out. So far it hasn't.
2) The front link rods from the sway bar to the suspension. This is an easy DIY job. Just take the front wheel off to replace. The OEM Ford is a piece of junk. It is now making noises so this time I ordered some aftermarket ones from RockAuto. The brand is Raysbestes & although probably made in China, they appear to be more substantially built than the OEM Ford part. I don't throw old parts away so I was able to compare it.
3) The cheap plastic thermostat box which holds the thermostat & bolts to the head. If you see antifreeze seeping from that area the likely cause is the ridge that holds the rubber gasket in place. That gasket looks like a rubber band & it forms the seal between the thermostat & the head, until the ridge starts desintegrating.
4)Brake pads. The OEM Ford pads wore out at 60,000 miles & left brake dust over the front wheels. Replaced with Raysbestis pads & 80,000 miles hardly any wear noted on the pads & no more dust. However, I did have to replace the rotors as they had worn beyong acceptable limits.
It has been my experience with every car I have ever owned that certain parts start wearing out due to age and/or use. That is why a form such as this is so useful. With 144,000 miles on the car, I wonder what is coming next? Sofar, I have had no trouble with the starter, altrunator, airconditioner, or clutch, items that usually start failing at 100,000 miles.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #720
darkstar
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
Heck yeah, always had good mileage throughout even though fuel filter didn't get replaced until recently. Replacing transmission is painn in the ass! I finally got it in after 25 attempts, one man job :) I am surprised I made it through lol other than transmission swap, pretty easy to work on just like mk2 volkswagens
People would think focus sucks, noooo seriously they are awesome, reliable, and fun car to play around! Plenty of power for daily driving
Forgot to add that clutch master cylinder started to leak around 110k, I am pleased with it since lot of people have leaking mc at around 40k. Just replaced it and it was so easy than I thought! Only left I need to do is complete clutch bleed because throwout bearing is new as well.
I would recommend focus to anyone!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.