rear window replacement - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-22-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
plumbman42
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 53780
What I Drive: 2002 red LX

FF Reputation: 1 plumbman42 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
rear window replacement

Does anyone know how to remove the glass in the rear left door.I have a broken one and bought another from a junkyard but cant get it out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Roll up glass??

Ok, it looks like it can't be done, but keep in mind that someone else put that glass in there. The door wasn't molded around it, although it might appear that way. You'll need to remove ALL the door trim- including the trim at the top of the door on the outside if that trim goes down inside the door. You must have all the space you can get in the slot that the window slides through.

Vacuum out any glass in the bottom of the door if you haven't, look at the holes in the door. Move the window regulator up and down until you locate the proper access points to get at all the bolts on the top of the window regulator that hold the glass in. Remove all the old bolts, and somehow get the bottom of the old glass out of the regulator- clean up any crap in there.

Now drop the regulator to the bottom of the door to give you as much room as possible. Tilt the glass to get it in- if it doesn't fit, don't force it. Installing door glass is an exercise in puzzle fitting. You're probably going to have to remove the black triangle to get the glass in. It should be bolted inside the door with access holes, and then the outside trim will be clipped on- pull up to remove. Remove that, and the door glass will fall in the channel. Then install the back channel trim with the door glass still inside the door, and the regulator at the bottom.

I'm sorry I don't have more specific advice, but I haven't replaced door glass in a Focus. Try every angle from the inside and outside of the door before you go removing other things. It should literally fall in when you find the right angle of attack. Try getting one bottom corner in first. If it doesn't fit, don't force it- remove the back channel trim. Be sure to check and make sure that the channel is properly fitted to the glass before you roll the window up- try it slowly, and make sure everything is working properly before you put the door back together.

You'll have a "EUREKA!!" moment at some point. Just don't try the exact same thing twice.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks