2004 Has Some Issues PLZ Give Any Advise - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
svtfocusmansvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6548
What I Drive: 04' Pitch Black SVTF ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocusmansvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Angry 2004 Has Some Issues PLZ Give Any Advise

I have a 2004 SVTF w/ 45,000 miles on it, had a misfire now and then when first started up cold. Replaced the plugs with Iridium Plugs gapped @ .060 for my screamin demon coil pack / wires. Before replacing plugs when in second coasting down @ around 2,500 RPM's the car would bog down (thought it was normal sense its done it from the day I bought it @ 400 miles) All was good till 200 miles later... Now when I start up it really misfires (no codes present) and it is running lean (when looking at a scan tool datalogger @ .1 - .2v till reved then goes to around .6) I checked the fuel pressure and it is @ 31 PSI and revving goes slightly below 30 PSI, 200 miles ago also replaced the fuel filter. Anyone have an issue like this? I believe the fuel pump is faulty, second issue is at 798 miles I had the clutch TSB done and all has been good till now, I have a knock type noise till I hold in the clutch then goes away (when idling it is fairly noisy) I have a national warrenty for 60months/100k, the Premium Plus and the WRAP plan, anyone ever had to have the TSB done twice or know of any issues or am I just going to be screwed in getting it fixed and have to do it myself? HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Will your warranty cover engine work?

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 02-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
RhodySVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 40538
What I Drive: 2000 Celica GT-S 6MT

FF Reputation: 7 RhodySVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
It sounds like its a throw out bearing. Your plugs may need to be regapped to .50 or .55 I've also heard of Screamin Demons going bad. If you have a stock coil pack availible try that out.
2002 Sonic Blue SVT #62 SOLD
2004 CD Silver SVT ZX5 Euro PowerWorks#1062 of 1079 SOLD to ADAMSVT
Foci I will miss ye...
Old 02-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
svtfocusmansvt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6548
What I Drive: 04' Pitch Black SVTF ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocusmansvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
not misfiring cause of plugs, found doing it from fuel pump puting out low of pressure, only does it when pressure drops.... same with knock noise.... I am thinking it is the throwout bearing but will it be covered or anyone even know (whats the factory warrenty @ / years / miles?) it has the same issues as the clutch noise TSB but has been done @ 798 miles???
Old 02-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #5
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
On a stock Factory Tune it isnt uncommon for the fuel psi to be that low, the ECU/injector compensates for the low psi by upping the injector dutycycle so at idle or part throttle or WOT the fuel going into the engine is the same at 28 that it is at 45

I detest the Iridium Plugs and screamin demon coil pack / wires , there nothing but trouble and a large cost for NO gain , they should be sued for the claimes they make in HP/TQ

A cure to a lot of your issues would be a Custom Tune

95% of the SVT out there make a noise that goes away when you push in the clutch this is very common and changing the clutch again wont fix it. It isnt anything that will cause more damage IF it is the same noise most of us are hearing

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks