My ZX3 might be done for. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
FoMoCus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109390
What I Drive: 2002 Focus ZX3 Dark Shadow Gray

FF Reputation: 1 FoMoCus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My ZX3 might be done for.

Saturday I got rear ended 2 blocks from my house turning onto my street. I was stopped waiting for traffic and the girl behind me didn't hit the brakes until she was right on top of me. I heard tires squealing and as soon as I looked at the rear view mirror I got thrown back. She hit me so hard the cd player came out of my dashboard. It looks totaled to me, the side of the car buckled, and the "frame rails" underneath are crushed in and have busted welds. The hatch is pushed in on one side and there's a big gap on the other. The bumper cover, foam, and bumper brackets are toast. I'd be surprised if they try to repair it. The bummer is the car was running and driving well and I had worked all my bugs out... Gotta love it.

Here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
thats a damn shame. probably totaled if the underside/trunk floor is that twisted
Old 11-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Chadinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46943
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 Chadinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I bet it will buff out. J/K. Sorry to hear that. I guess it's time to upgrade to a MK3.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
mainest
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60163
What I Drive: '04 Red Euro SVT

FF Reputation: 7 mainest Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
^^ Nice looking ZX3.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
FoMoCus
Focus Enthusiast

The underside has the busted weld seams. I'm thinking its a total loss. The appraiser is going to make an appointment with me tomorrow. I bought an 84 300zx as a project car, looks like I will be driving that as my daily for a while now. At least until I get a check.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
stmiller123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118295
What I Drive: 2003 Black zx3 svt

FF Reputation: 1 stmiller123 Good Standing Member
Can i buy your tailights off of you and sorry for your loss
Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
Gav-O-SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113561
What I Drive: '02 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 6 Gav-O-SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Beware of projectile HU!!! lol. That sux, I had a similar accident where some 80yr old lady hit me head on while I was going through a light a block away from my hose on my street. 03' Zx3=totaled... And my insurance check gave birth to my 02' svt.... That accident was almost the best thing that could of happened to me lol! Except for the physical therapy and 4 months of chronic neck/ back/ shoulder and chest pain.... What can I say.... I'm still milking her insurance and getting free chiropractic work done. I'm just glad she had full coverage :-) $$$$$$$ Hope everything works out for ya.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
FoMoCus
Focus Enthusiast

I don't think I'll be able to sell any parts off of it, the adjuster is going to look at it today and it will have to stay as is. I already took my rims and tires off and swapped them for steelies. I need to swap my cd player for the cheaper one I have in the garage but other than that I think they're going to get to keep everything I've done to it.

Gav-O-SVT, if you don't mind my asking, what did they value your 2003 at, and how long ago was it? I'm going to be really disappointed if I don't get at least 2,000 for it. All the new parts and overall condition of the car I would say makes it worth at least 2500 if I were to sell it, and that would be a low ball price for me. I almost don't want them to try and repair it, they are never the same after that and I'm sure I'll be unhappy with the finished product.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
FoMoCus
Focus Enthusiast

stmiller123, for what it's worth, those tail lights are just euro lights you could probably find on ebay. I took the lenses off, taped off the reflectors and painted the inside of the housing black, then I slightly tinted the lenses with spray lens tint everywhere except the red circles where the actual lights are, and epoxy'd them back together.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
mikeeshaq
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72526
What I Drive: 2010 Transit Connect

FF Reputation: 15 mikeeshaq Great Standing Member
I had two Focus vehicles totaled at the same time -sideswiped

Anyway with the guys insurance company, I felt was giving me a low valuation on my 2004 Focus wagon.

So I went to MY insurance company and they valued my 2004 wagon at much higher and MY insurance company paid me. My agent explained that they will get 100% reimbursed from the other guys insurance company. So my premiums will not go higher.
HOWEVER this only works IF one has collision coverage and since this was my work vehicle , the wagon had the coverage

Bookmarks & Social Networks