audiophile 9006- disable changer/ add aux - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #1
markitos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40369
What I Drive: 03 EAP SVT 3DR- CD SILVER

FF Reputation: 1 markitos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
audiophile 9006- disable changer/ add aux

just wondering if it is possible to disable the changer and hook up an aux input on the audiophile 9006 headunit so how? I think many audiophile owners know what I mean. It would be so cool if possible as my aftermarket headunit does not sound as good as the audiophile with stock speakers,amp and sub setup. Thanks for your input-

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
markitos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40369
What I Drive: 03 EAP SVT 3DR- CD SILVER

FF Reputation: 1 markitos Good Standing Member
anyone got any ideas.......
Old 02-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
ehancock
un1corn

Fan#: 53353
What I Drive: 2004 Twilight Blue D23 ZX5

FF Reputation: 14 ehancock Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I doubt there's going to be a way to just disable the cd changer and add an aux input and run that through your stock head unit. Why not replace the head unit with an aftermarket one? With the Taurus SHO people were complaining that they had to sacrifice their stock subs when going to an aftermarket unit but there's a way around it. I'm not real familiar with the focus as i just got one so sorry if i'm talking out my ass. With the Taurus SHO we are able to pick up the wiring harness for the speakers and plug that into the back of the headunit. This allows the stock speakers to be able to hooked up to the new headunit. After that It's a little complicated but we're able to cut some of the wires from the stock subamp/sub and add an RCA end and then plug that into the preout on the headunit. Then we get to use the stock speakers and subamp/sub. Again, i really dont know how the audiophile system for the focus is wired so i dont know if this would work but it at least gives you a little to think about.

If you want i can post detailed instructions how to do it for the SHO
Old 02-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #4
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by markitos View Post
just wondering if it is possible to disable the changer and hook up an aux input on the audiophile 9006 headunit so how? I think many audiophile owners know what I mean. It would be so cool if possible as my aftermarket headunit does not sound as good as the audiophile with stock speakers,amp and sub setup. Thanks for your input-
I'm assuming you want to hook up your ipod or mp3 player to your system. Yea, unfortunatly theres not much out there for us focus people. I've been trying to find ways to do this and keep the stock(non svt 6disc changer). No luck. Fm transmitters suck, and the direct connection units..which are expensive only work on decks that do not have 6 disch changers....figures. Idk if other people on here will be able to help but if you get no answer, I'd go to a good car audio place and ask them. It would have to be a custom job to get it done honestly.

I just hooked up my ipod to my car today. I bought the harmon/kardon drive+play last summer.. but fm sucked so I finally picked up the wired adaptor which is a direct connect to the antenna. Of course cause it's a Ford lol, I had to buy antenna adaptors....to use the adaptor(yay, thankfully they were cheap). So finally got that hooked up and theres a mess of wires in my glove box haha. But everything works good and it's better then just with the fm transmitter. But soud quality is still not great and theirs a faint static buzz in the background. The best possible way to get the best sound is a direct connection, which I can't accomplish with the stock radio...so after all the hassel I might be looking at a new deck anyway...but I'm sure it'll be better then my stock setup.

Anyway, ask around, I'm sure theres some svt owners with the audiophile system that have checked out their decks. And I'm sure theres a way to hook up an aftermarket deck with the stock speakers and sub/amp combo.

BUt yea like I said, if your looking to hooking up your ipod or mp3 player...the best way is a direct connection via aux or usb port, so you might want to rethink aftermarket.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.